Cauliflower Pizza vs. REAL Pizza

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2020, 05:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Pizza from New York is a soggy undercooked overpriced abomination.

Everybody knows real pizza comes from Chicago.

PS The only decent pizza in the tri county area is Belleview Pizza. Be prepared to wait in line and bring cash.
Them's fightin words.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
As I stated earlier, to me the crust is what makes it "pizza". That being said, I have had any number of dishes called pizza and enjoyed them. I just thought the term "pizza" was a misnomer. While "a rose by any other name will smell as sweet", not every sweet smelling flower is a rose.
I applaud you for sticking to your diet. I know it isn't easy. But, imho, a "pizza" without the crust is a different type of meat and/or vegetable and/or cheese platter, still good, just not "pizza".
A pizza without REAL pizza crust is just a flatbread open-face sandwich.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post

My wife does not agree with your obviously "sophisticated" sense of humor. She usually says something like, "That's not very funny!" I, of course, am doubled over in laughter, which just makes it worse.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, bourbon in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!" -- Hunter S. Thompson

Last edited by B767drvr; 06-07-2020 at 02:43 AM.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I love vegetables. Veggies and fruits and grains, seeds, nuts, it's all good. But it is sacrilegious to pretend that you can make pizza dough out of cauliflower, and not wheat. My position is unassalable.
You're cracking me up.. Compared to some of the other threads in circulation right now this one actually makes some sense..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 06-06-2020, 08:24 PM
Location: New Hampshire, now Heathrow on Lake Deaton Preserve.

Quote:
Cauliflower pizza is not pizza. It's a fake imposter shell masquerading as bread, covered with ridiculous things that shouldn't ever be combined with cauliflower. It is an insult to vegetables and to wheat and should be permanently stricken from existence.

Discuss.
It is everything you say it is but for those of us who must select gluten free food, a cauliflower crust makes it possible to eat pizza. Would I rather enjoy a delicious traditional wheat flour crust? In a heartbeat!
Old 06-06-2020, 08:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

If someone puts a slice of pizza with flour crust in front of me, I will take a knife and scrape off the sauce, cheese, and other toppings and eat it and chuck the dough in the garbage. If someone puts a slice of cauliflower pizza in front of me I will try it. Not sure if I will like it or not, but I will give it a try. I do like cauliflower, so who knows, I might find another good low carb eating option? However, I will always check the ingredients before eating, if the so called cauliflower pizza dough has sugar added to it, the cauliflower pizza will go straight into the garbage.
Old 06-06-2020, 08:51 PM
Sage

The FDA needs to forbid the use of the word "pizza" in all labelling and advertising of that stuff. It isn't pizza, if it isn't made with wheat. Just like they had to change the name of meat analogues that pretended to look and taste "just like chicken tenders" to chik'n.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
The FDA needs to forbid the use of the word "pizza" in all labelling and advertising of that stuff. It isn't pizza, if it isn't made with wheat. Just like they had to change the name of meat analogues that pretended to look and taste "just like chicken tenders" to chik'n.
My wife makes awesome eggplant and zucchini pizza frequently, and I gladly call it pizza and enjoy it. I think the FDA tries to regulate the safety and health of our consumables, so perhaps they should forbid pizza dough made with white flour and sugar, both of which have little to no positive health value. Now if you are looking strictly to flavor and stimulating the palette, and are not concerned with your health, then throw down a flower crust grease wheel.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:10 PM

As a person fighting to not be diabetic I had to learn other ways to make pizza. I have a partial pancreas due to cancer. I have found my own favorite delicious crust. My whole family loves it! Fat head dough. Google it. It’s the best. I wish I could post a picture. Beats cauliflower hands down!
Old 06-07-2020, 06:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by linko38 View Post
As a person fighting to not be diabetic I had to learn other ways to make pizza. I have a partial pancreas due to cancer. I have found my own favorite delicious crust. My whole family loves it! Fat head dough. Google it. It’s the best. I wish I could post a picture. Beats cauliflower hands down!
I'm sure it tastes great. It's still not pizza. Flatbread, but not pizza. Pizza is made with wheat. Flatbread is what you call a pizza that's made with something other than wheat.
Same thing, different name, different ingredients. I blame the keto trend for this nonsense.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaney Browne View Post
A New York style,well done,1/2 sausage,never pepperoni,with extra cheese,thatts a piza
I have tried several places and have not found a true NY style pizza...any recommendations. Thin crust and crispy. Thanks
Old 09-03-2020, 10:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Cauliflower pizza is not pizza. It's a fake imposter shell masquerading as bread, covered with ridiculous things that shouldn't ever be combined with cauliflower. It is an insult to vegetables and to wheat and should be permanently stricken from existence.

Discuss.
Any pizza around here is an imposter!!!
Old 09-04-2020, 04:45 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Real crust is the real deal.
Old 09-04-2020, 07:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Any pizza around here is an imposter!!!
Giovanni's is actually not bad at all. They don't physically toss the dough but they stretch it as if it was tossed. Pretty decent sauce, generous fresh toppings, thin crust, imperfect shape, a drizzle of oil and oregano on the pie to top everything off before popping it in a high-temp oven.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troopie View Post
I was actually on a low-carb diet recently. I was craving pizza, so I broke down and tried the cauliflower pizza at Piesano's in Deaton Plaza. To my surprise, it was delicious!
I'll have to give it a try. Cauliflower crust is the only type I eat these days, but we've only bought it from the grocery store. It's different than a flour crust but I think it tastes fine.
Closed Thread

Tags
pizza, cauliflower, combined, insult, existence

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.