PhD student needs your help.....

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Default PhD student needs your help.....

Dear Research Participant,

You are invited to participate in a study conducted by Susan N. Sharum, under the direction of Dr. Christine Sacco-Bene in the Adrian Dominican School of Education at Barry University. The purpose of the research is to examine how several variables, namely attitudes, social norm, perceived behavior control, and knowledge of mental health services, contribute to the variability of help-seeking intentions among adults age 65 years and older who are either married or in a long-term, committed relationship, and residing with their partner.If you elect to participate in this research study, you will be asked to do the following:

 Go to the link listed below that connects to the on-line questionnaire: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GJBTL8B.

 After thoroughly reviewing and reading the Informed Consent screen, you will have two options: to participate or not to participate. Should you choose to participate or choose not to participate in this voluntary study, your anonymity will be secure at all times. You also have the option to discontinue the study at any time.

 Once you have selected the “I agree – Take the survey” button: you will be presented with a demographics questionnaire. Once this is completed, you will be directed to the rest of the on-line anonymous questionnaire that is comprised of three surveys.

 The on-line questionnaires should take no more than 15-20 minutes to complete.

Your consent to be a research participant is strictly voluntary and you may decline to participate or choose to drop out at any time while taking the survey. There are no expected risks to you.

Although there are no direct benefits to you, your participation in this study may help our understanding of the many variables attributed to help-seeking attitudes of adult couples 65 years of age and older that are married or in a long-term, committed relationship, that are residing together. We anticipate the number of participants to be 100.

As a research participant, information you provide will be held in confidence to the extent permitted by law. Any published results of the research will refer to group averages only and no names will be used in the study. Study data will be kept in a locked file cabinet in the researcher's office. All data will be destroyed after 5 years.

Your participation in this research study will be greatly appreciated. If you should have any questions or need more information please contact me, Susan N. Sharum at (321) 298-0964, my supervisor, Dr. Christine Sacco-Bene at (321) 235-8411, or by email at csaccobene@mail.barry.edu, or the Institutional Review Board point of contact, Barbara Cook at (305) 899-3020, or by email at bcook@mail.barry.edu.

Thank you for your participation.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Susan N. Sharum
Doctoral Candidate and Primary Researcher
Barry University
Old 04-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Administrator

This is a legitimate study being conducted. I spoke with Ms. Barbara Cook at Barry University, Miami Shores, FL. She verified the legitimacy of the study.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Administrator

I just took the survey. No pain at all.

It will be nice if MammaGator would return as Dr. MommaGator and tell us of her dissertation and let us know how the survey turned out.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Gold member

I am just a few years too young to take the survey, but I wish you lots of luck with your research. I still remember how long it took to get permission to use my research subjects. Mine were at the other end of the spectrum..my dissertation was about kiddies age 6 and under. They were such fun to work with! Again, lots of luck and try to enjoy the process. One day you will look back on it as actually being an enjoyable experience.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:38 PM

Thanks for your help Tony!

Hope others will be as generous!

Will be happy to share the results of my study with anyone interested!

Almost-a-Doctor-MammaGator
Old 04-26-2011, 04:40 PM

Thanks LadyDoc for you kind words....

Isn't it nice to be TOO YOUNG for something! HaHa!

Feel free to let others know about the survey if you feel comfortable doing so!

Would love to get lots and lots of responses to make a strong study!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'd respond, but I'm happily single and too young (but I'll pass the word out to some couples that I know). Wish you the very best on getting the needed participants. Ain't research fun?

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-26-2011, 07:43 PM

Thanks Redwitch!!!

I sincerely appreciate the help!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.