CDC revises numbers, Fauci changes tone

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2020, 07:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Snip>...
Usually, in our country, when we are under duress we gather together to solidify our resolve to fight whatever the foe might be. In this case, we are being forced to pick sides for all the wrong reasons.
Perfectly stated.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Of course everyone would then need to redefine seniors.
In the state of Florida, 85% of all Covid-19 deaths were individuals 65 and up.

The latest data in Florida by age group for Covid-19 deaths:

0-4. 0%
5-14. 0%
15-24. 0%
25-34. 1%
35-44. 2%
45-54. 4%
55-64. 9%
65-74. 21%
75-84. 30%
85+. 34%
Old 05-26-2020, 07:55 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
In this case, we are being forced to pick sides for all the wrong reasons.
Nobody is "forcing" me (we) to do squat. I'm a grownup, and fairly intelligent where I can weigh all the information that is spewed from all sources, and I am perfectly able to make my own decisions accordingly.
Steve
Old 05-27-2020, 07:01 AM

This will go down in history as the greatest overreaction. Hopefully, never to be repeated.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:50 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

FACTCHECK Dr Wittkowski's strategy was not let it rip until herd immunity is reached, which you would know if you read what I posted about his theory carefully. He said lockdowns for everybody are not necessary, but advisable for nursing homes and the elderly. Why crash your economy when 50% of your deaths are from nursing homes and 80% of total deaths are aged 65 plus. Why lockdown businesses and younger healthier workers when the risk of dying is less than from pneumonia or the flu?

I think I may do a thread comparing the two strategies.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:17 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Not sure who you might be comparing to Einstein, but I do know that relying on social media for any truth is a lost cause.

You waste your time with those sites.......admittedly they are entertaining and at times a point can be made, but they are private companies and deal in such hatred and falsehoods it is dangerous.

I watch YOUTUBE for entertainment and read TWITTER for the same reason. NEITHER of them will supply you with news or content that means anything.

WHO obviously does not dictate anything to our country, although it has shown to be very good at times. We live in a time where it is important to some that we have someone to blame for everything that happens (I suppose that replaces trying to get it right) and WHO takes their lumps, mostly from the USA.

I still do not understand why any poster, as we are discussing, would not be upfront about any sources they use. If you exclude information from your source, then you should not be quoting those folks.

Please instead of feeling "censored", expand your reading and you will find that there is no "censoring" of anyone of any kind. I cannot think of one thing that is censored.....however, you must be searching for truth and facts, not simple validation of what you think.
I was quite upfront, told you Dr Wittkowski's background, told you his video was censored by YouTube for "misinformation" which they defined later. There are many scientists that agree or disagree with his thoughts. Do I need to list 1000s of opinions pro or con every time I post something? I'll do that when you do.

PS 1000s and 1000s of scientists use twitter and youtube, share their thoughts and scientific papers. Reporters also use twitter extensively, if you follow the right ones, you can almost always tell what stories will be on the evening news. Just because you use them to watch cartoons or be entertained does not mean everyone else is doing the same. Biased censorship and fact checking goes on all the time, perhaps you can't see this because of your own personal bias. Removing a scientist's video because you disagree with it is censorship, period.

PPS I compare Einstein to any scientist who, after being ridiculed and censored, turns out to be right.

Last edited by GoodLife; 05-27-2020 at 11:25 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
percent, fauci, rate, fatality, coronavirus

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.