CDC Shielding Approach and Covid 19

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2020, 03:07 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,730 Times in 738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Naw, if the Gov was attempting to rid the country of old folks to save Social Security, it would have concentrated on the Villages first. Besides, most of your so-called leaders in Congress and elsewhere in the Federal Gov. getting rich off of the taxpayers, are "OLD" people, so they would have to consider that also.
Or maybe that's why all these "old guys" in the government wear the genuine N95's under their little fashion masks they recommend for the "deplorables" in all the little retirement communities in Florida, Texas, Arizona ...... LOL ??
Old 11-26-2020, 05:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Again, what’s your medical education experience that leads you to these conclusions?
I never claimed any medical training there Dr Eagle! I apologize for ruffling your feathers.

What possible questions would anyone have that hasn’t already been answered and posted on multiple websites that are easily found with a basic Google search?

When would you be asking your doctor these questions? Are you going to make an appointment? Your doctor is no doubt busy with other sick people. If you call up and ask for an appointment and state that you think you have COVID-19, they are going to tell you to go get tested. Self isolate and call back with the results.

I don’t waste my doctor’s time with questions that I can easily find the answers to myself. I also don’t go running to the doctor anytime I have a sniffle. I prefer to stay far away from the doctor’s office and off the pills. I eat well and exercise. I wear a mask when in a public building and stay away from others. I will take the vaccine when it is made available to me.

What you choose to do is up to you. No sweat off my arse.
Old 11-26-2020, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
I never claimed any medical training there Dr Eagle! I apologize for ruffling your feathers.

What possible questions would anyone have that hasn’t already been answered and posted on multiple websites that are easily found with a basic Google search?

When would you be asking your doctor these questions? Are you going to make an appointment? Your doctor is no doubt busy with other sick people. If you call up and ask for an appointment and state that you think you have COVID-19, they are going to tell you to go get tested. Self isolate and call back with the results.

I don’t waste my doctor’s time with questions that I can easily find the answers to myself. I also don’t go running to the doctor anytime I have a sniffle. I prefer to stay far away from the doctor’s office and off the pills. I eat well and exercise. I wear a mask when in a public building and stay away from others. I will take the vaccine when it is made available to me.

What you choose to do is up to you. No sweat off my arse.
Totally agree with you. Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-26-2020, 06:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Totally agree with you. Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-26-2020, 07:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Just because someone does not agree with you regarding the allowing the Gov. to control your activities---LIFE, does not equate to any of us believing the virus is a "hoax." That is equivalent to saying that if we did not agree with the last administration's view on policies that we would be "RACIST." Please tone it down to a believable discussion.

So, instead of mandating that EVERYONE suffer by mandating this and that, just because a few are infected, lets try a different approach. Let's try an ultra control approach that will satisfy all our NEEDY and DEPENDENT folks that want the gov. to run their lives. How about we demand that the gov quarantine ALL Americans age 60years and over until this virus is under control. The Gov. should round up all seniors and put them in some of the Stadiums and Convention Centers with a guard on them so they don't "accidentally" wander off on their own. That should satisfy ALL the NEEDY folks that want the Gov to run their lives for them.
Yes, that is just me being facetious
However, that is hardly different from all of you that feel the Gov needs to tell you to protect yourselves. Do what you believe is right for you and leave everyone else alone. You are NOT going to become infected if you avoid everyone else you feel threatened by. Although, they are saying that most folks are infected in their own homes, so I guess you had better wear your PPE at home too.
This is no "hoax" but it is not our leaders' faults either. They have been trying everything they can, short of demanding everyone stay in their homes with the threat of shooting them if they violate the quarantine.
And be political if you wish, but I am impressed at how fast this leadership has pushed the private industry to work with the gov toward a vaccine and toward medicines to fight the infected ones. Only an outsider could come into the D.C. establishment and cut through all the red tape to get things done.
The virus is not a "hoax" and there is no need for the gov to overstep it's authority and mandate attire. Do not even compare a mask mandate with seatbelts or motorcycle helmets (which I also believe is overstepping their authority). Do not attempt to use the "science" argument with me because it seems that every so-called "scientist" in the world has a different slant on how the pandemic should be handled. Science also proves that aborted babies are living beings, but there will always be those that attempt to insist that they are not living. Science also told us that butter was bad and now it is better for us than margarine. Eggs were bad and now they are good. So, using the repetitious "science" argument in an attempt to prove your point is meaningless, because anyone can manipulate stats.

Sorry if I do not take anyone's statement about how many folks are dead in the U.S. due to the virus, until I can compare the totality of deaths this year with the number last year and the year before. If they are not excessively higher, then there is a problem with how the numbers were counted. And we know how numbers can be counted differently every two and four years. I do not propose that one should be careless, but I do propose that you allow us that wish to enjoy our Thanksgiving celebration, do so without imposed mandates tailored only to your opinions and demands.
While you are being facetious with your suggestion, that is almost EXACTLY the type of suggestion in the CDC document. The difference is that they start at 75 and add in anyone with a pre-existing condition that might be compromised by Covid.

This is where FEAR and not reason can lead us. Consider the adage attributed to George Santayana, "those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it".

Last edited by Trayderjoe; 11-26-2020 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-27-2020, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
The virus is not a hoax but the response to it certainly is. Without contributing conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, COPD or other respiratory issues, the death rate from Covid 19 is a very small fraction of tge quoted 260,000. And the so called scientists response to it has been all over the place. Masks don't help, only medical personnel need to wear them, masks DO work and everyone should wear them, masks only protect others, not the wearers, now masks protect the wearer and are more effective than a vaccine. And yet, this "planned demic" is all blamed on President Trump. There are still calls for locking down our whole country for up to 6 weeks and a national mask mandate in spite of the fact that, according to the CDC, 84% of those who tested positive, wear a mask most, if not all the time. When the government comes like Nazi Germany, to put us into railcars, it is not hard to figure out who will be the first ones to hop on voluntarily.
Your voice of reason is greatly appreciated on Talk of the Villages.
Old 11-27-2020, 11:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Never in my years on this earth have I seen any socially divisive campaign so organized as Covid. Americans dealt with poliomyelitis, scarlet fever, diphtheria, rubella, Asian flu, swine flu, measles, mumps, bird flu, h1n1, AIDS, and on and on. Some of these were uniformly fatal to their victims. In no case were there mask mandates, global quarantines, social distancing, government interference in domestic behavior. In each and every disease, we either reached herd immunity or relied on the brilliance of the medical community to find a way to the end of the epidemic.

The word "pandemic" refers only to an epidemic that is spread over a larger area. That makes the numbers bigger and more difficult to verify. Each country, if given the opportunity, could have probably independently averted the panic situation in which we find ourselves today. The illogical and hysterical response has made many individuals willing to relinquish basic freedoms. Therein lies the vulnerability to domination by globalist factions.

Many, many thousands of doctors and medical researchers throughout the world oppose the masks and lockdowns, but are ignored by media entities or otherwise silenced....silenced, meaning fired from their jobs or professionally discredited. This censorship has prevented any possibility of herd immunity. The social and economic damages as a result of this are incalculable.
Bless You! anyone who thinks gov't would never do such a thing should read up on mk ultra
Closed Thread

Tags
approach, shielding, document, low, individuals

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.