Cell phones in schools

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2018, 06:26 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I agree their use while in class should not be allowed except in extreme emergencies such as the initial case.

How about this type of situation? Student caught on cell phone video assaulting substitute teacher | abc13.com

Or this?Student 'Body Slams' Teacher Who Took Cell Phone (VIDEO) | HuffPost

Or this time? VIDEO: Teen punches teacher in the face during class
When you and I were in school, there were no cellphones but teachers were assaulted from time to time. The student was simply expelled. No real need for the video. However, it could be called an emergency and the video would be conclusive proof.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:41 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

I have mixed feelings. Cell phones may be a boon in some situations but they also may encourage thoughtlessness, selfishness, and rudeness. Who enjoys having dinner with someone who is constantly checking her cell phone? Who wants to ride in a car with a driver who is constantly using her cell phone, ignoring your presence. The list is long.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:58 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
When you and I were in school, there were no cellphones but teachers were assaulted from time to time. The student was simply expelled. No real need for the video. However, it could be called an emergency and the video would be conclusive proof.
I cannot recall a single incident of a student or students assaulting a teacher when and where I grew up in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Sadly, today it is a very different story all around our country. Thuggish behavior in schools needs to be stopped and recording abusive teaching tactics and language, assaults and batteries with cell phones may help.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 01-31-2018 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:02 PM

Look forward to your weighing in on the
topics.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Positive results with the banning of a proven distraction:

Seymour High School Reports Positive Results After Cell Phone Ban - NBC Connecticut

Just requires leadership that is not afraid of doing what is right!!
Closed Thread

Tags
school, cellphone, schools, changing, classes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.