China hid extent of coronavirus outbreak per US Intel

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2020, 08:41 PM

Article worth reading relative to this post, all trails lead back to Wuhan bio lab. Link posted below.

All Trails Lead Back To The Wuhan Bio-Lab | Zero Hedge
Old 04-04-2020, 09:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiganne View Post
Of course China is lying. That is what communist countries do. Interestingly enough I saw a thread on one of my sites. I wish I had it to share. It basically goes like this. In 2015 a reporter in Europe covered how the Chinese could start a pandemic. The Chinese have been working in labs forever developing viruses. They were warned by the WHO and many countries to quit this practice out of fear that the virus may escape from the lab and put entire countries at risk. So this shouldn’t shock you. The city they had the lab in was Wuhan. So what were they working on? They were combining one of the corona viruses and binding it to bat genes. I don’t find this coincidental. Perhaps the virus escaped a lab or perhaps it was brought out purposefully. I am not a conspiracy type of person. It doesn’t really matter. What is done is done. When this all over I can guarantee a lot of our drugs will no longer come from China and our companies will be producing them in the US. As far as I am concerned we should start gradually cut off trade from China altogether and bring our jobs home. It is time to give China the big screw and they won’t enjoy it. We know all we need to know about China. They threaten to hold antibiotics from us and blame our military for bringing the virus in. They don’t accept responsibility and never will.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Apple View Post
Who gives a crap? Emphasis should be on current and future efforts to stop it.
We should all give more than just “a crap“ since their unreliable, false data was part of the statistical modeling assumptions upon which our “curves” were made.

We are all trying to ‘flatten the curve’ as we are all foregoing our lives and our civil liberties in an effort try to protect our health and the public‘s health based—at least in part—on the Chinese “garbage“ data (The old programming phrase still hold true...Garbage in, garbage out)

Earlier outbreaks, like South Korea’s, had to rely even more on bad data to make decisions, causing unnecessarily more risk to them.

From a strictly humanitarian perspective, we all should “give a crap“ since under-reported data means more (Chinese) human beings have actually died.

Not having reliable data could allow a totalitarian regime to perpetrate hidden human rights atrocities without ever being held to account.

Are you suggesting that we should blindly react to this problem by trying to fix it without even trying to understand its origin & evolution? That would mean our solutions could be ineffective or even dangerous.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I am still sure that Little Green Men from Roswell still played a part in this latest conspiracy theory!
If you are allowed to make wild assertions then here’s one right back atcha...you are effectively assisting Communist China’s misinformation campaign.

The big difference: China’s conspiracy to promote disinformation isn’t just a theory. And their desire to pit us against each either is well-documented in their own words & publications.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:41 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

So, I must ask, if we knew how China was downplaying the seriousness of this Virus, WHY did our government come on public TV and continue to make light of this deadly virus? WHY.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,358 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALadysMom View Post
If you are allowed to make wild assertions then here’s one right back atcha...you are effectively assisting Communist China’s misinformation campaign.

The big difference: China’s conspiracy to promote disinformation isn’t just a theory. And their desire to pit us against each either is well-documented in their own words & publications.
God forbid anyone should make wild assertions on TOTV
I withdraw my statement about 'The little Green Men' Immediately!
Old 04-05-2020, 06:07 AM
Veteran member

Making themselves the epicenter of the COVID19 has hurt them more economically than it will the USA, 21 mil cell phone uses dropped off the grid,you can not function in China without a cell phone. Certainly not all of those have died from COVID19, but it demonstrates the economic fallout, on one hand it will pressure the Chinese to play fair trade wise, but then a weakened China could be more dangerous given its impressive military build out both quantitatively and qualitatively and their aggressive posture in the Pacific . As far as dealing with COVID19 we will not have all the " facts" needed until some time after is all over, all we have now is "informed opinion" waved about in the news media with little fact to be found when you drill down to specifics
Old 04-05-2020, 04:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALadysMom View Post

Speaking of China ...

This is an interesting item with potential connections to Covid-19. Old news in a way, but still pertinent.

The man who supposedly sold useful material to China, Dr Charles Lieber, head of the chemistry and biology department at Harvard was arrested in late January. Among other things the Chinese wanted him to set up a lab at the Wuhan University of Technology.
There are apparently connections with Chinese intelligence. Details are murky, as per usual with intel matters, but more will come out.

This NPR article has a good summary in the meantime.
Why Harvard Professor Charles Lieber Was Arrested : NPR

This video from the local news channel of the US Attorney provides insight into the arrest.

Twitter
Closed Thread

Tags
report, china’s, reported, cases, bloomberg

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.