Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2020, 04:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
Here is a copy. Happy reading.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...ort-2017v2.pdf

Here are broader resources for you to study.

Pandemic Preparedness Resources | CDC
Thanks for posting. I knew you would be attacked.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
Perhaps old Newtie should have opened his mouth sooner
Getting angry about who caused the car accident is put aside until the people lying dying on the pavement are cared for.

I think that many are reacting to anxiety by getting mad, but the horse is out of the barn. That ship has sailed. We are all hog tied and quarantined. I can't think what anyone could do about China at this moment. I am sure that President Trump and Congresswill see to it that just punishment is meted out, in due time. In due time.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:12 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Getting angry about who caused the car accident is put aside until the people lying dying on the pavement are cared for.

I think that many are reacting to anxiety by getting mad, but the horse is out of the barn. That ship has sailed. We are all hog tied and quarantined. I can't think what anyone could do about China at this moment. I am sure that President Trump and Congresswill see to it that just punishment is meted out, in due time. In due time.
I’m furious and that’s my right. The lies have screwed up all of the world. Even in the car accident, evidence is gathered and we’re gathering tons. Not that I think we’ll do anything about it. Americans get screwed and stupidly turn the other cheek.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:17 PM
Sage

But, but the trade deal..........
Old 04-01-2020, 04:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Maybe opened the manual on how to handle a pandemic...……………………...
Well, that manual was written by the previous administrations and it turns out it needed to be scrapped.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
But, but the trade deal..........
Trade “this”
Old 04-01-2020, 04:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
Well, that manual was written by the previous administrations and it turns out it needed to be scrapped.
IF you read, you would know that present admin scrapped it early..read Rapid Response Team.

But....
Old 04-01-2020, 04:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It just is not important now except to anger us. We will sort it out after the life and death crisis that is NOW facing us, is my opinion. So if they did? No one can do anything much about world affairs at this moment.
It's clearly not important to you, I agree. Don't read it or do you best to get past your "anger."

Regarding what can be done about it now, the USG can do multiple things at once and is (hopefully) already involved in crafting our strategy.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Original written in 2005 under President Bush. Then updated by following administrations.....and discarded by current administration.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:29 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Original written in 2005 under President Bush. Then updated by following administrations.....and discarded by current administration.
Probably because the last administration rendered it useless.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:31 PM
Sage

Oh well.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
This mutation. This virus. This Covid-19 is different than any other virus and this pandemic is different than any other pandemic. It is EXTREMELY contagious and we still do not know if people can suffer the illness from it twice. The Ebola virus, was far more deadly and killed faster with it's hemorrhaging, but much less contagious. I don't think we have yet seen how this nasty bug is going to act come fall. I pray that by some miracle that a vaccine is forthcoming sooner than 18 months to two years. All that we knew before is not that useful with this virus.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-01-2020 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Yes, I was born in a very “creative” Communist European country, where Stalin was the Virgin Mother, or I mean the Holy Father, until he wasn’t.

I wouldn’t trust any “information” coming from a Communist country ever. Their word for communication is our word for manipulation.
Wow, Velvet, I'm blown away by your description. Thanks.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
IF you read, you would know that present admin scrapped it early..read Rapid Response Team.

But....
Be my guest to give us an intelligent, in-depth analysis of what your trying to say, the pros/cons of the plan and why it would have given us a bulletproof plan. I've seen the document ... good but not totally relevant to what we faced with the Wuhan virus, which essentially came out of a bio-weapons lab.

From one source critical of the admin:

"While an NSC official confirmed the playbook’s existence to Politico, the person quite richly claimed it was of little value. “We are aware of the document, although it’s quite dated and has been superseded by strategic and operational biodefense policies published since,” the official said. “The plan we are executing now is a better fit, more detailed, and applies the relevant lessons learned from the playbook and the most recent Ebola epidemic in the [Democratic Republic of the Congo] to COVID-19.”
Old 04-01-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
We DID act. We closed our borders to China early on and then with Europe. What would you have done differently when no one here was sick?
Jan. 24, a week before the travel restrictions, the CDC confirmed two cases of the novel coronavirus in the U.S. from people who had returned from Wuhan, China, where the outbreak began.
Even when travel restrictions were finally imposed they did not include US citizens who traveled to/from Wuhan.

The Facts on Trump's Travel Restrictions - FactCheck.org

JMO Any information regarding this topic would best be sourced outside of TOV.

Tags
report, china’s, reported, cases, bloomberg

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.