China hid extent of coronavirus outbreak per US Intel

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2020, 04:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
We DID act. We closed our borders to China early on and then with Europe. What would you have done differently when no one here was sick?
I don't believe that happened until someone here got sick. The first case in the US was January 20. Travel from China was not banned till January 31.

Coronavirus: A timeline of the pandemic from China'''s first case to now - Business Insider
Old 04-01-2020, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Oh well.
There are certainly those on here who will ignore truth at any cost. This entire situation would have played out much differently had not that pandemic team been dissolved, although nobody seems to recall that except those who served on it.

Lots of other " if's " to discuss when over...truth never changes...just sits there waiting to be found. Doesn't leave because someone denies it.

But, you cannot force feed truth. If you turn your back on it....
Old 04-01-2020, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadaboutgal View Post
and this has to do with talking about The Villages?
If you read the home page of TOTV, you will see that there are a myriad of subjects that can be discussed on the forum. To start with, there are two main ones--items relating to TV itself, and non-TV general items.

Going further, you'll see sports, jokes, NOTHING, Girl Talk, etc., etc. Take a look at the categories on the home page. If someone posts something in one category that a mod or Admin thinks doesn't belong in that category, they will move it and tell you.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
This mutation. This virus. This Covid-19 is different than any other virus and this pandemic is different than any other pandemic. It is EXTREMELY contagious and we still do not know if people can suffer the illness from it twice. The Ebola virus, was far more deadly and killed faster with it's hemorrhaging, but much less contagious. I don't think we have yet seen how this nasty bug is going to act come fall. I pray that by some miracle that a vaccine is forthcoming sooner than 18 months to two years. All that we knew before is not that useful with this virus.
I agree with that, particularly your last sentence, or at least the gist of that point.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I don't believe that happened until someone here got sick. The first case in the US was January 20. Travel from China was not banned till January 31.

Coronavirus: A timeline of the pandemic from China'''s first case to now - Business Insider
Beginning of Feb....forgive me not sure of the date......on a network, seemed like an entire evening spent mocking those who feared a pandemic.....attended by top ...top ...govt official. And I believe about Feb 20, prime time (10PM) opened declaring zero deaths..not to worry so on
Old 04-01-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadaboutgal View Post
and this has to do with talking about The Villages?
I

This forum is "Non Villages Discussion." You must have gotten lost.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:25 PM

Not lost. This was originally started on The Villages Florida General Discussion.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
This all happened two weeks ago and more and it might as well have been two centuries ago. All of the "experts" were learning as we went along because we didn't have really dependable evidence of almost everything, including death tolls. We didn't even know who our "experts" were three weeks ago. AND even the experts have reversed themselves in the short time we have been facing this scourge. This is not a political matter at this point. It is a health matter at this point. If this pandemic was started on purpose than Katie Bar the door, later on...……... But right now, it is in the hands of the health people and the governments to try to make us do what we should do.
For the most part, I agree with your posts. If you look back, that was my theme, but some posters continue to tell lies...flat out untruths and I got angry....lying always makes me angry.

You are generally correct, but ask you put this in your memory bank. When current admin disbanded the response team who would have been on this months in advance, BOTH PARTIES pleaded with the WH to reinstate. And were ignored. This is a basis to begin to understand the depth of the deaths caused by such political delays.

You are correct, and I agree...focus on this "curse", and I apologize...I tried, but you have heard me talk about lying...I detest liars and those who enable them, and certain posters have decided to use this forum to spread untruths and insinuations.

There WILL be time to revisit them....they will still exist. Thanks to the hated media, we have videos, etc.

God Bless you and your family and stay safe.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:11 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
For the most part, I agree with your posts. If you look back, that was my theme, but some posters continue to tell lies...flat out untruths and I got angry....lying always makes me angry.

You are generally correct, but ask you put this in your memory bank. When current admin disbanded the response team who would have been on this months in advance, BOTH PARTIES pleaded with the WH to reinstate. And were ignored. This is a basis to begin to understand the depth of the deaths caused by such political delays.

You are correct, and I agree...focus on this "curse", and I apologize...I tried, but you have heard me talk about lying...I detest liars and those who enable them, and certain posters have decided to use this forum to spread untruths and insinuations.

There WILL be time to revisit them....they will still exist. Thanks to the hated media, we have videos, etc.

God Bless you and your family and stay safe.
Whoopsie Mr Truth

Washington Post
March 16, 2020

No, the White House didn't disband it's pandemic response office. I was there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...sponse-office/
Old 04-01-2020, 06:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Whoopsie Mr Truth

Washington Post
March 16, 2020

No, the White House didn't disband it's pandemic response office. I was there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...sponse-office/
Your OPINION piece I read. You need to do background check on facts presented.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:26 PM
Sage

Another interesting bit.....

“Roughly 280 million masks in warehouses around the U.S. were purchased by foreign buyers on Monday alone, according to Forbes. A FEMA spokesperson said the agency ‘has not actively encouraged or discouraged U.S. companies from exporting overseas’.”"

Who might be managing this ?
Old 04-01-2020, 06:38 PM
Sage

I apologize for losing my temper with a few posters who are determined to lie, insinuate untruths, instead of actually wanting to know.

I will leave but my fuse is short with liars..very short...but leave you with....

on Feb. 7, with the coronavirus working its way around the United States, the White House administration sent some 17.8 tons of medical supplies, which included masks, respirators and other personal protective equipment (PPE) to China.

Google it, fact check it....but we are not supposed to question this ?

God Bless and everyone stay safe.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
I apologize for losing my temper with a few posters who are determined to lie, insinuate untruths, instead of actually wanting to know.

I will leave but my fuse is short with liars..very short...but leave you with....

on Feb. 7, with the coronavirus working its way around the United States, the White House administration sent some 17.8 tons of medical supplies, which included masks, respirators and other personal protective equipment (PPE) to China.

Google it, fact check it....but we are not supposed to question this ?

God Bless and everyone stay safe.
On February 7th the virus was not an issue here so we were trying to help. No good turn goes unpunished as we now know they lied through their teeth about cases and deaths. Bet they had a good laugh at our expense.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
On February 7th the virus was not an issue here so we were trying to help. No good turn goes unpunished as we now know they lied through their teeth about cases and deaths. Bet they had a good laugh at our expense.
Yep.....then it was still a political dirty trick ? A hoax ?

Even though US INtelligence had been warning for, at that time about two months of what was coming, but heck, the jokes about those alarmed would never work, right ?
Old 04-01-2020, 06:53 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Yep.....then it was still a political dirty trick ? A hoax ?

Even though US INtelligence had been warning for, at that time about two months of what was coming, but heck, the jokes about those alarmed would never work, right ?
What are you trying to say?
Closed Thread

Tags
report, china’s, reported, cases, bloomberg

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.