China hid extent of coronavirus outbreak per US Intel

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2020, 03:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
This is like blaming the fire fighters after an arsonist sets your house on fire. Completely ridiculous.
Exactly right.

It's actually more evidence of the prevalent "blame America first" dysfunction that seems to have been propagated by us baby boomers in the 1960s. Ultimately, if we keep that up, it becomes Darwinian self-selection.

The CCP, for sure, does not share that self-hatred or self-dislike of its society. I guess that's a long term advantage for them, unless or until enough people here pull their heads out.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:28 PM

Actual chinese death count was 83000.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:47 PM
Veteran member
Default prepare

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
Here is a copy. Happy reading.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...ort-2017v2.pdf

Here are broader resources for you to study.

Pandemic Preparedness Resources | CDC
Yes, like the preparedness that Cuomo when he was told to order more ventilators and didn't and when he got the report that NY was woefully unprepared for a Pandemic and when he spent the money instead for a green new deal that went belly up. You meant THAT preparedness?

Last edited by rmd2; 04-02-2020 at 05:11 PM.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:54 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts12755 View Post
Actual chinese death count was 83000.
That may be the number the ChiComs tell the world. But 21,000,000 Chinese cell phone accounts have been canceled since the Wuhan virus started to show up in humans.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-02-2020, 05:01 PM

One pair of hard working hands accomplishes more than a thousand clasped in prayer.

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 04-02-2020, 05:06 PM
Veteran member
Default antibiotics

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
“Someone” has been spot on for quite a long time now. It’s a national disgrace that most, if not all, antibiotics are produced there.
I think that will be stopping soon.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:09 PM
Veteran member
Default buy usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
You raise a great point. No easy answers. We all wanted cheaper goods ... very few exceptions.

But, we're at a crossroads. We'll all have to adapt. Workers take less, management less, shareholders less, retirees get their pensions shaved somewhat and so forth. While we're at it, we should improve the level of education / understanding about Econ 101 which is partially what you're saying.

We need to save our country for our kids and grandkids. Maybe we need to go the WWII mode. People want Trump to invokes the DPA and others. Maybe it's time to do that, and more.

It will take unity and a strong leader, and a lot of prayer as well, even though I know the seculars will sigh at that.
I would gladly pay 3 or more times the amount we currently pay to free ourselves from reliance to China for essential medical or military supplies and equipment!
Old 04-02-2020, 07:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Apple View Post
American government was given plenty of warnings, failed to act, laughed it off. Now where are we?
Feb. 23: “We have it very much under control in this country.” — President Trump in speaking to reporters.

Nancy Pelosi tours Chinatown and encourages people to visit. She invites all to “…come to Chinatown.” This video of the Speaker was made on February 24th, 2020.

Twitter

The reality is that, even a month ago, almost no political leaders, D or R, really seemed to understand what we were then facing. That’s because it was a novel problem and, in the real world, that’s how it works. It takes a while for leaders to assess the situation. Planning helps, but it’s not a panacea. The old adage about war plans falling apart as soon as the enemy is engaged pertains here.

Hindsight is always 20/20, and accompanied by a swarm of Monday morning quarterbacks.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Nancy in Chinatown.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	83461  
Old 04-02-2020, 08:09 PM

Wait! A communist country, with death camps, that murders their own citizens in the seat of their country, sacrifices citizens for political whims and foments violence through out the world, tells lies!!!! Wait, wait let me show you my shock face!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2020, 08:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
I think he's tried to make it work, but that relationship will be changing. He has to be careful for the next few months ... don't want to back into a confrontation or shooting war in South China Sea.

We need to get through this, craft our strategy and execute when we're in a better position.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer
Old 04-02-2020, 10:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer
Actually, wipe your (country's) enemies out, where & when possible.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:41 AM

Of course China is lying. That is what communist countries do. Interestingly enough I saw a thread on one of my sites. I wish I had it to share. It basically goes like this. In 2015 a reporter in Europe covered how the Chinese could start a pandemic. The Chinese have been working in labs forever developing viruses. They were warned by the WHO and many countries to quit this practice out of fear that the virus may escape from the lab and put entire countries at risk. So this shouldn’t shock you. The city they had the lab in was Wuhan. So what were they working on? They were combining one of the corona viruses and binding it to bat genes. I don’t find this coincidental. Perhaps the virus escaped a lab or perhaps it was brought out purposefully. I am not a conspiracy type of person. It doesn’t really matter. What is done is done. When this all over I can guarantee a lot of our drugs will no longer come from China and our companies will be producing them in the US. As far as I am concerned we should start gradually cut off trade from China altogether and bring our jobs home. It is time to give China the big screw and they won’t enjoy it. We know all we need to know about China. They threaten to hold antibiotics from us and blame our military for bringing the virus in. They don’t accept responsibility and never will.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiganne View Post
Of course China is lying. That is what communist countries do. Interestingly enough I saw a thread on one of my sites. I wish I had it to share. It basically goes like this. In 2015 a reporter in Europe covered how the Chinese could start a pandemic. The Chinese have been working in labs forever developing viruses. They were warned by the WHO and many countries to quit this practice out of fear that the virus may escape from the lab and put entire countries at risk. So this shouldn’t shock you. The city they had the lab in was Wuhan. So what were they working on? They were combining one of the corona viruses and binding it to bat genes. I don’t find this coincidental. Perhaps the virus escaped a lab or perhaps it was brought out purposefully. I am not a conspiracy type of person. It doesn’t really matter. What is done is done. When this all over I can guarantee a lot of our drugs will no longer come from China and our companies will be producing them in the US. As far as I am concerned we should start gradually cut off trade from China altogether and bring our jobs home. It is time to give China the big screw and they won’t enjoy it. We know all we need to know about China. They threaten to hold antibiotics from us and blame our military for bringing the virus in. They don’t accept responsibility and never will.
I agree with your thinking. After we get out of the crisis, we need to cut the ties with China in essentially every way possible, starting with the medical supplies. Who could have guessed that America First is actually the safest policy for all of us long term?

There's also the question of how, and when, should we retaliate against China? Legal, military, diplomatic, etc?? That's on the To Do list once the crisis has been resolved.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:41 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Actually, wipe your (country's) enemies out, where & when possible.
Agreed but you have to lull them into complacency first
Old 04-03-2020, 11:44 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiganne View Post
Perfectly stated. When this is over, we need to hurt them in their wallet. They unleashed this trash on the world intentionally and need to be made to pay the price. Time to remember we are Americans and can do anything better than any communist manifesto country.
Closed Thread

Tags
report, china’s, reported, cases, bloomberg

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.