China hid extent of coronavirus outbreak per US Intel

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2020, 06:42 AM

There have been clues. Google Crematoriums Wuhan.

Wuhan Residents Dismiss Official Coronavirus Death Toll: 'The Incinerators Have Been Working Around the Clock' | National Review
Old 04-02-2020, 06:55 AM
Sage

I've been chatting with people from the state we moved here from, in the midwest. They told me that they think Covid-19 may have been up there before the end of the year. In viewing the symptoms we're warned of...many had those back then. One friend had it and was ill for weeeks. I remember our e-mails. Doctors couldn't diagnose it and sent them home with standard "cold" helps. WHEN it hit here is moot though...because it's here now and everyone, world-wide is scrambling to figure it out and what to do with it. Debating and pointing blame now is, like someone else mentioned, like shutting the barn door after the horses got out. Would-have, should-have, could-have----has never worked well.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:04 AM

Since I also came from a Communist Country, no I would not believe any claims by any Communist Government, they spew “propaganda” we are getting a taste here by CNN and other news outlets, no wonder they are called “Fake News” by our President!!!!!
Old 04-02-2020, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
I’ve been watching, and wondering, why China’s total reported cases of the virus has been more or less stationary for the last week in the low 80,000s. Good to know US intel has been addressing the issue. They’ve now concluded:

• “The Chinese government has deliberately underreported the total number of coronavirus cases and deaths in the country, the U.S. intelligence community told the White House, a new report says.

• Bloomberg, citing three U.S. officials, reported Wednesday that the intelligence community said in a classified report that China’s public tally of COVID-19 infections and deaths is purposefully incomplete.

• The secret report concludes that China’s numbers are fake, two of the officials said, Bloomberg reported. The White House received the report last week, according to the news outlet.”

Coronavirus: China hid extent of outbreak, US intelligence reportedly says
No surprise EVER...from China.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

no surprise here that China wasn't truthful

hope that our business leaders and elected officials wake up and we begin to drastically lessen our dependency upon China
Old 04-02-2020, 07:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
I apologize for losing my temper with a few posters who are determined to lie, insinuate untruths, instead of actually wanting to know.

I will leave but my fuse is short with liars..very short...but leave you with....
Accusing people who disagree with you as "lying" is ...well, not normal nor civil. There is a lot of evidence however you do indeed have short fuze.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I don't believe that happened until someone here got sick. The first case in the US was January 20. Travel from China was not banned till January 31.

Coronavirus: A timeline of the pandemic from China'''s first case to now - Business Insider
The rapid implementation of the ban was providential in retrospect. 11 days is "light speed" by USG standards, particularly when we were still grappling to understand the magnitude.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
AND the travel "ban" had so many exceptions it was weak
What exceptions are you referring to?
Old 04-02-2020, 08:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Jesus H Christ I can't believe some people!
That's hardly a unifying statement.[/QUOTE]

I think he was expressing his frustration with the preternatural urge by some on this board to pin the tail of blame on you know who.

Seems like some are drilling holes underneath the waterline and kibitzing while the captain is trying to save the ship, and all aboard.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by seoulbrooks View Post
Did these plans that everyone is carrying on about discuss how our (USA) industrial base was going to be recovered to fight a possible pandemic? The plans are absolute garbage without the base of basic medicines and supplies. Many administrations allowed critical pieces of our industrial base to erode and disappear to foreign shores. Fighting over a toothless plan is just another waste of energy and time. Fighting over who did what and when is just another waste of energy and time. As a country we have better come together and figure out how we survive this pandemic and how we prepare our country for future episodes of the like. Build the medicines, tools, supplies and structures to support a plan of action. Start working as a country again.
Amen to that.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by daca55 View Post
What if China did this on purpose that is released the virus? It has brought this country’s economy and the rest of the world plummeting. Could be their answer to all the trade talks. Think about it.
I think that's a distinct possibility and is no doubt being studied inside top level compartmentalized channels. If true, that implies a hot war or some type of US retaliation ... pretty sobering. Let's pray it's not the case.

I still think it was an accidental release by the Chinese ... but it all remains to be proven either way.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Yes and it's a time to come together, not divide, and try to prove who's the smartest idiot
Jesus H Christ I can't believe some people!

Harold - Our father who art in heaven Harold be thy name
Actually, that's pretty funny even if somewhat irreverent. Made me laugh.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:28 AM
Veteran member
Default Make China pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
I’ve been watching, and wondering, why China’s total reported cases of the virus has been more or less stationary for the last week in the low 80,000s. Good to know US intel has been addressing the issue. They’ve now concluded:

• “The Chinese government has deliberately underreported the total number of coronavirus cases and deaths in the country, the U.S. intelligence community told the White House, a new report says.

• Bloomberg, citing three U.S. officials, reported Wednesday that the intelligence community said in a classified report that China’s public tally of COVID-19 infections and deaths is purposefully incomplete.

• The secret report concludes that China’s numbers are fake, two of the officials said, Bloomberg reported. The White House received the report last week, according to the news outlet.”

Coronavirus: China hid extent of outbreak, US intelligence reportedly says
When all this is over, China must be made to pay and pay heavily, for all the harm they have caused to the world economy!

No Democratic country should trade with them, but bring production and manufacturing back into their own countries and that of their true allies.

Already they have reopened their disgusting food markets and are bragging that their factories are back to full production 👿
Old 04-02-2020, 08:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie1 View Post
It just goes to show how fragile the most powerful nation in the world really is. I seriously doubt China purposely released the virus - it would be like biting the hand that feeds you. Virtually 90% of our every day use products are manufactured in China, plus our country is indebted (financially) to them for billions, for which we pay millions in interest on a daily basis. To bring our economy down would mean a stop to those payments.
Your comment is reasonable and makes sense. The counter is the CCP plays by a different set of rules than the (formerly) Judeo-Christian West. We would consider that immoral, they would evaluate it from the standpoint of efficacy in support of their strategy.

Their planning horizon is decades if not a century and they seek dominance at some point ... i.e., my opinion.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by junction29 View Post
When all this is over, China must be made to pay and pay heavily, for all the harm they have caused to the world economy!

No Democratic country should trade with them, but bring production and manufacturing back into their own countries and that of their true allies.

Already they have reopened their disgusting food markets and are bragging that their factories are back to full production 👿
I think you're correct. We need to re-engineer our trade patterns and return our manufacturing capability back home.

Seems like someone I've heard of has been advocating that for a number of years now.
Closed Thread

Tags
report, china’s, reported, cases, bloomberg

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.