Civic Literacy Exam

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Default Go Me!

Dang, 31 out of 33. Thanks Mr. Livingston!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Veteran member

Have you guys looked at "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader"? Lots of the 20 somethings who are college grads are dumber than a box of lint.

My wife also thinks the people who give such stupid answers on Jay Leno's "Jaywalking" are giving the stupid answers just so they get their few minutes of nationwide television time.

Anyhow, I scored 28 correct on this quiz. I am going to send it further to some of my friends and family. It does test the brain cells. At least, the ice-cold Yeungling has not taken too many away.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

29 of 33. Some of those questions were downright tough and gave me the message that I need to study economics. Methinks I didn't pay attention in those classes. Stupid me!

Guess I found my new spare-time activity.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-02-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Have you guys looked at "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader"? Lots of the 20 somethings who are college grads are dumber than a box of lint.

My wife also thinks the people who give such stupid answers on Jay Leno's "Jaywalking" are giving the stupid answers just so they get their few minutes of nationwide television time.

Anyhow, I scored 28 correct on this quiz. I am going to send it further to some of my friends and family. It does test the brain cells. At least, the ice-cold Yeungling has not taken too many away.
Tbugs

I think we are most likely more informed then the younger generation which is not a good thing, my children's schools did not spend much time on these issues, I tried to spend the time educating them in our form of Government. I think I will forward this to my son and daughter and see how they do with the quiz.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:18 PM

30 out of 33, I think we all did pretty good.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Sage

Much to my surprise, I got 79%
Old 06-03-2011, 04:42 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Thanks Ritchie, great quiz. I got 28 of 33, but two of those I knew the correct answer once I saw it and should have got right. The other 3 were just guesses. And one other was a guess I happened to guess correctly.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Veteran member

Ugh, always disliked Economics and that is my excuse for getting only 24 correct.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2newyorkers View Post
Ugh, always disliked Economics and that is my excuse for getting only 24 correct.
Hey, we tied! Is it a New York thing? Anyway, you get equal time sharing my dunce hat with me while we wait and see if there's someone honest enough out there to admit they got lower and take the crown away from us!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 06-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Sage

84.8% - 28 out of 33. Seriously, it's a sad commentary that we have scored higher than the teachers and students taking this quiz.

Thank for posting this richielion. The questions were interesting.

Last edited by 2BNTV; 06-03-2011 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Additional comment
Old 06-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Veteran member

30 out of 33.....and I would argue with the teacher about one of my wrong answers!!
Old 06-04-2011, 10:34 AM

63% My 2 children won the top awards for history in high school. my other child flunked history in high School. Now my son is a History teacher! I did better than average. I got "wretched" written across the top of my History paper in College. I still passed. Apparently you dont have to know modern European History to be able to be a top notch RN ! Not one single newborn ever asked me a history question!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by whartonjelly View Post
63% My 2 children won the top awards for history in high school. my other child flunked history in high School. Now my son is a History teacher! I did better than average. I got "wretched" written across the top of my History paper in College. I still passed. Apparently you dont have to know modern European History to be able to be a top notch RN ! Not one single newborn ever asked me a history question!
You just keep helping those babies ease their way into our screwed up world and don't worry about anything else, and you've probably done more that most of us in tangible accomplishments. Nurses are the most important factor in any hospital visit and I applaud all you great people.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Hi Wharton Jelly,

I took the quiz today at my sister's house in Burlington, KY -- she is about 5 miles from CVG. Nice and hot here in the Cincinnati area today. We went to Summer Faire in Coney Island today. By 2:30 we were ready to leave -- getting too hot. Got 27 out of 33 correct on the. Economics is not my strong subject. Going back to Chicago tomorrow afternoon. Bless nurses, they make the hospitals run.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Thanks for being a nurse. It can be one of those thankless jobs at times.

As for a newborn... my son must have been one of the exceptions to the rule and did in a way ask me a history question. Once cleaned up he was rolled where I could get a good look at him and he could get a good look at me. Up to that point he was as quiet as a mouse, but once he saw me he, let out with one heck of a loud scream as if to say... "Damn, you're one ugly dude dad! Were you born that?"
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.