Clermont Costco Construction

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2022, 07:02 AM
Veteran member

Might as well be on the moon. I would never save enough to drive 70 miles roundtrip for shopping, not to mention my time.
Old 12-30-2022, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
If the Villages was building the Costco it would take about 72 hours to build.
I can’t wait to see what all the hub bub is about with Costco. It better be really great. I’m going to be pizzed if I drive all that way and all I get is 50 cents off on a can of green beans!

It must be good because so many people have a Costco fascination.
Well yeah but wait until you see the size of that can!😂
Old 12-30-2022, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Construction for Costco has started. I’m looking at it right now. Problem is there is also major construction on the Turnpike for a few miles with lanes being added north and southbound.
Cool! Pretty soon you will be able to reach it via golf cart too.
Old 12-30-2022, 07:08 AM

Quote:
It’s just going to be a PIA to get there via the Turnpike until construction is done. Maybe both projects will be done close to the same time but who knows.
The OP hasn't given an indication where this new Costco is in relation to the turnpike. I would think the approval process would also require a traffic study to see if mitigation of any negative impacts are required. If it's too big a PIA then villagers have BJs and Sam's as alternatives.
Old 12-30-2022, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
This is welcome news for those of us who were accustomed to shopping at Costco "back home." Even though we don't stock up a large freezer with bulk purchases like when our kids lived at home, Costco is still our go-to for many things. My hearing aids came from Costco. My wife gets all of her prescription glasses there. The Kirkland brand coffee still comes in a 3 pound can, and it's good coffee. They generally offer good quality meats. Their return policy is second to none. Plus, with their loyalty programs we typically get $800 - $1,000 in cash back every year in February. Right now, we go to the Costco in Wesley Chapel, which is about a 50 minute drive. Clermont will be a little closer.
Just an fyi Sam has hearing aids he'll sell ya too.
Old 12-30-2022, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,702 Times in 5,237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmean58 View Post
The OP hasn't given an indication where this new Costco is in relation to the turnpike. I would think the approval process would also require a traffic study to see if mitigation of any negative impacts are required. If it's too big a PIA then villagers have BJs and Sam's as alternatives.
The new Costco will be located on Rt 50, about 9 miles east of Rt 27.
Old 12-30-2022, 07:18 AM

Quote:
It looks like this warehouse won’t be opening before April. How long does it take to build a Costco? Anyone know?
Why not just call Costco?9
Old 12-30-2022, 07:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmean58 View Post
According to posters they were so in love with BJ’s they drove to Clermont to shop. So not a big deal for those who routinely shop out of the bubble.

Up north we had 4 Costco’s, 3 Sam’s, within 30 minutes of our house. We always went to Costco, as stated previous post their return policy is golden.

My 3yo dyson was giving me problems, I was buying a new one, cashier said bring the other one back. We did next visit, return excepted with a smile and sorry, and full refund. Printer died, replaced, kurig coffee pot, same thing.

All of our prescription glasses are bought there. Had an issue with glasses, after18 months and they replaced the lenses. Staff is always helpful and seems happy, or if they are having a bad day, it’s not reflected on you.

We drive to Wesley Chapel for Costco since the day it opened, great shopping area, restaurants, and if you love Indian food, there is a large Indian retirement community in Wesley Chapel with shopping and restaurants.

Clermont will be closer drive, for quick Costco shopping, but if we want to make a day of good food, shopping, we will still travel to WC.

You will always have those who will complain about driving, outside the bubble. That’s understandable, it’s out of their comfort zone, of driving distance. Until that happens to us, off we go to Multiple areas of Florida to enjoy. So shop Costco or don’t, the loyal diehards will still travel, for that frozen cappuccino,
Old 12-30-2022, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The new Costco will be located on Rt 50, about 9 miles east of Rt 27.
Yes, it will be between hwy 27 and the turnpike on hwy 50.

When Costco opens, to avoid the turnpike construction, you can use the Minneola exit from the turnpike, the one before the construction and hwy 50.

Yes, Costco makes sense for some, but not all.

Math and planning are essential skills for shopping, to determine value and cost. For us, once a month to Costco is essential. We've visited Wesley Chapel, Altamonte Springs, Orlando, Augusta, and Tampa Costco stores in the past year.

We were spoiled - when we lived in Oregon, we were less than 30 minutes of 5 different Costco warehouses.
--------------------------------------------
We live in interesting times
--------------------------------------------
Old 12-30-2022, 08:47 AM
Default Example of savings from going to Costco…

I enjoy going to Costco for the friendly staff, great return policy, and savings on many items we buy routinely. You can be well fed with their many free food and drink samples, $1.50 hot dog with Soda, complete broasted chicken for $4.99, and extra large pizza for under $10. They also have 90 day no-questions return policy on TV’s and other Electronics. Most other items have two year warranties.

On top of the above savings their gas prices are typically twenty cents below market and you save an additional 2 percent on gas if you use their credit card.

Costco is the only big box store I know of that is really customer focused and requires high quality items from their suppliers and will request design changes if they find something they do not like.

I have no connection to Costco other than shopping there but I believe in supporting businesses that price fairly and care more about their customers satisfaction than windfall profits!
Old 12-30-2022, 08:55 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts
Default Taking the local route

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
No need to use the Turnpike. 441 to 27 to 50. Easy drive, and may even be shorter, depending on where you start from.
NOT shorter than the turnpike going on local roads. It takes about 20 minutes longer. I have done both.
Old 12-30-2022, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
If the Villages was building the Costco it would take about 72 hours to build.
I can’t wait to see what all the hub bub is about with Costco. It better be really great. I’m going to be pizzed if I drive all that way and all I get is 50 cents off on a can of green beans!

It must be good because so many people have a Costco fascination.
Fascination or just hard common sense?

We were Costco members when we moved here so did our bulk shopping (and some electronics) at the Altamonte Springs Costco. However we joined Sam's Club mainly to avoid the long drive to Costco and back, though we did retain our Costco membership as well for major online purchases.

However of the two (Costco and Sam's) all things considered, we definitely prefer Costco, and for a variety of reasons. First, store brand. Kirkland seems to be at least one step up overall than Member's Mark. Second, customer service. We bought a TV from Costco in Altamonte Springs when we first moved here, but it lacked some features that I thought should have been included when we bought it. Costco has a 90-day no-questions-asked return policy but it was at least four months down the road from when I bought it. I called the manager; based on our history with Costco (15 year members in MN) he did take it back. Benefitted us both; I used the refund plus about $400 more to purchase a better TV from the same store, and we've been very happy with it.

Third, staff training. Costco staff overall seems a bit better trained as well as much more motivated. We've encountered more than a few lackadaisical responses from Sam's staff here in TV. Never encountered that Costco.
Old 12-30-2022, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,702 Times in 5,237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
NOT shorter than the turnpike going on local roads. It takes about 20 minutes longer. I have done both.
From the Fruitland Park section of The Villages, Google Maps says that Clermont is 48 minutes via Rt 27, and 51 minutes via the Turnpike.
Old 12-30-2022, 09:46 AM

And the quality of merchandise is at least 2 steps above Sam’s. Their wine prices can’t be beaten as they are the #1 wine seller in the US. Huge selection of organic, plant-based (vegan), and non-GMO foods. Furniture is top of the line. I could go on and on.
Old 12-30-2022, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePeach View Post
Their wine prices can’t be beaten as they are the #1 wine seller in the US.
Ex-Gf was from Sacramento and when visiting her family we did a Napa wine tour. At one of the vineyards she met the owner and he recommended a particular wine for her. She bought 4 bottles for about $100 total.

Back in Boston we're at our local Costco and I see the same wine selling for $9.99 a bottle. Strangely, she didn't find that as funny as I did.
Closed Thread

Tags
construction, costco, clermont, north, added

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.