Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Coffee Maker Recommendation (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/coffee-maker-recommendation-314578/)

Win1894 01-04-2021 01:10 PM

Since you are probably not a particularly discriminating coffee drinker, here is my suggestions (coming from an admittedly fervid coffee snob): Step 1.) Don't buy a Kurig - insanely wasteful way to make a mediocre cup of coffee. Step 2.) Make a pot of 4 to 6 cups of coffee. Drink a cup and then place the balance in a sealable glass jar when cool. Place in fridge. Before bed place the next day's aliquot of cold coffee in your favorite ceramic coffee mug and place on a warmer like the one linked below (This one is the best I've used - hotter than most). Cover with non-flammable object such as a small saucer. Attach the warmer to a simple household timer and adjust to turn on 1 hour prior to consumption, and to turn off at the time or your choice. It's that simple. Enjoy.

https://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Beverage-Electric-Temperature-Control/dp/B08NV9G4FV/ref=sr_1_33?crid=23D7EYMFOSQPS&dchild=1&keywords=c offee+warmer+plate&qid=1609781498&sprefix=coffee+w armer%2Caps%2C200&sr=8-33[/URL]

dewilson58 01-04-2021 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Win1894 (Post 1882353)
Since you are probably not a particularly discriminating coffee drinker, here is my suggestions (coming from an admittedly fervid coffee snob): Step 1.) Don't buy a Kurig - insanely wasteful way to make a mediocre cup of coffee. Step 2.) Make a pot of 4 to 6 cups of coffee. Drink a cup and then place the balance in a sealable glass jar when cool. Place in fridge. Before bed place the next day's aliquot of cold coffee in your favorite ceramic coffee mug and place on a warmer like the one linked below (This one is the best I've used - hotter than most). Cover with non-flammable object such as a small saucer. Attach the warmer to a simple household timer and adjust to turn on 1 hour prior to consumption, and to turn off at the time or your choice. It's that simple. Enjoy.

Amazon.com
[/URL]

I like good coffee, but I'm not a wine snob when it comes to coffee.

Correction..................maybe.

dewilson58 01-04-2021 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1882293)
Sometimes you are a trouble maker.😀☕️

And sometimes a coffee maker.

CFrance 01-04-2021 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1882360)
I like good coffee, but I'm not a wine snob when it comes to coffee.

Cup heater won't work unless I buy six of them............I drink ~1/2 pot per day (sometimes 1/4 pot, sometimes 3/4 pot).

Win1984 has a good idea, and the warmer he linked to looks big enough to hold the carafe of leftover coffee.

yankygrl 01-04-2021 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1881083)
Looking for a coffee pot which will heat "day-old" coffee hot enough to drink.

I drink a 1/2 per day.
The second day, I put the timer on to start the maker an hour prior to getting up.
When I get up, the coffee is hot............like a fresh pot.

My Kitchen Aid died a couple months ago.
I purchased the same brand, same model.
Unfortunately, the heating pad only warms the coffee.......so microwave zapping it required.
(Kitchen Aid said they changed their spec's)

Anyone got a hot product??

(i know, i know......life is tough, but i'm trying to get thru it)

So why not just make 1/2 pot each day, no waste and hot coffee daily. I’m a tea drinker and use hot pot to heat water OR my keurig

dewilson58 01-04-2021 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankygrl (Post 1882389)
So why not just make 1/2 pot each day, no waste and hot coffee daily. I’m a tea drinker and use hot pot to heat water OR my keurig

".........I drink ~1/2 pot per day (sometimes 1/4 pot, sometimes 3/4 pot). "

New Englander 01-04-2021 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com (Post 1882277)
off you just had bad coffee for 8 years and I presume you took a tax break with goodwill , we ow and I thought the guy who started the thread was cheap

He's not cheap! He just likes good stale coffee reheated on a hot plate.

ureout 01-05-2021 07:03 AM

wow.. your post is still going... you done did good... lol

dewilson58 01-05-2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ureout (Post 1882615)
wow.. your post is still going... you done did good... lol

19,400 more posts and i'll pass the NOTHING thread. :clap2:

charlieo1126@gmail.com 01-05-2021 09:48 AM

Snarky , don’t think so

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1882314)
Nope. I take no write-offs for stuff I give to GoodWill. The cost of the machine (which is touted all over the internet as the best coffee maker in the world) is what caused me to keep it for so long. I thought it was me, or the coffee. It wasn't. Same coffee brands in the Bunn my son gave me tastes great.

Don't know why you're so snarky. This is a community forum of people helping others.

keeping something for 8 years of bad coffee because it cost $300 is pretty unbelievable, life is to short

Fredster 01-05-2021 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Englander (Post 1881351)
You would like a Keurig. A fresh cup in a minute any time you want one. If you did buy one, don't buy the base model.

If my Keurig were to break today, I would buy a new one tomorrow...

I also like a Keurig because it fast,
and makes a great cup.
But if my Keurig were to break today,
I’d get out the spare!

TNLAKEPANDA 01-05-2021 08:44 PM

Bunn with a carafe