Comment from Chris Cuomo

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2020, 03:12 PM
Veteran member
Default Comment from Chris Cuomo

Chris, in my opinion, is one of the few left-leaning independent thinkers in favor of reopening the country now*. Yesterday on his radio show he said this (paraphrasing). "I'm not staying home for your grandmother. She can continue to stay home if she’s high risk, but the rest of us need to get on with our lives."

*You're probably aware that feelings about reopening the country are, like most issues, going along party lines: In general, one side wants to wait longer to reopen, and the other side is ready to open now. *In general.*
Old 05-20-2020, 03:26 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
Chris, in my opinion, is one of the few left-leaning independent thinkers in favor of reopening the country now*. Yesterday on his radio show he said this (paraphrasing). "I'm not staying home for your grandmother. She can continue to stay home if she’s high risk, but the rest of us need to get on with our lives."

*You're probably aware that feelings about reopening the country are, like most issues, going along party lines: In general, one side wants to wait longer to reopen, and the other side is ready to open now. *In general.*
Only problem with Chis is he was caught 30 miles from his home on a lot he owns while he was still under quarantine as a positive covid 19 patient.

Then CNN staged a live "emergence" from his basement a few days.

At least he is trying to redeem himself with this latest open up opinion
Old 05-20-2020, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post

That is not correct. Valid polls show that 70% of the U.S. population are from somewhat concerned to very concerned about the health risk to opening business as usual. That is my opinion and I will link.

polls showing concern about reopening businesses - Bing
Old 05-20-2020, 03:48 PM

That's odd , just last week he was calling people stupid for just walking on the beach.....
Old 05-20-2020, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

IMHO, reopening will continue to occur via slow and deliberate rollout processes....once there is a vaccine everything will open and we'll see who made it through it all

how many businesses that have been around for decades and will be able to hang on is anybody's guess....many that we've enjoyed doing business with may very well not make it....for some this shut down will be the straw that finally pushed them over the brink (internet commerce vs. brick and mortar stores)...

our world is changing faster than I imagined it would...but it is what it is
Old 05-20-2020, 03:52 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Both Cuomo's .................................................. .....!!
Steve
Old 05-20-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
That is not correct. Valid polls show that 70% of the U.S. population are from somewhat concerned to very concerned about the health risk to Opening Business as Usual. That is my opinion and I will link.
The Key-Work would be "Opening Business Safely" I'm sure the 70% statistic would drop to 40%...
Old 05-20-2020, 04:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvic 1 View Post
The Key-Work would be "Opening Business Safely" I'm sure the 70% statistic would drop to 40%...
Definition of an oxymoron; definition of an oxymoron - Bing

There are degrees of safety and there are different levels of risk according to age.
Old 05-20-2020, 05:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
That is not correct. Valid polls show that 70% of the U.S. population are from somewhat concerned to very concerned about the health risk to opening business as usual. That is my opinion and I will link.

polls showing concern about reopening businesses - Bing
Thank you for that, Gracie. I think we're all concerned about the "health risk" of reopening. But whether or not people are willing to take those risks, and take appropriate precautions to manage the risk *while reopening* is another matter.

I should have said my evidence about the political divide is only anecdotal, but my experience has shown a lot of consistency of opinion depending on affiliation. Most on the left want to go slowly, and most of the ones who want to reopen now, in my experience, lean right. Of course, there are a lot of exceptions to both, but it's what I've noticed. It could be completely off base, but in some of my conversations with folks, they've noticed the same dichotomy.

I watch all three cable TV news networks, and I clearly see this division being played out there, i.e., the conservative station is ready to reopen and the two liberal stations do not support reopening yet.

Not that it matters. I'm just glad that Chris, who is indeed a spokesperson for the left, had the courage to speak his mind.

Another thing, left-leaners seem to prefer staying closed, but that doesn't mean that everyone who isn't ready to reopen leans left.

Last edited by LiverpoolWalrus; 05-20-2020 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-20-2020, 05:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,301 Times in 864 Posts

It's not the reopening, it's the risk we are willing to accept. There is a contingent that believe nothing can happen to them and the otherside that believe everything will happen to them. It's a moot discussion since the one side will never convince the other (you know., like politics) but they will try. This is one of those things that the only proof will be in hindsight.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-20-2020, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Both Cuomo's .................................................. .....!!
Steve
Walk on water, as far as I’m concerned. Okay, I’m kidding. But anybody that sticks it out day after day... after what NewYork went through.... Previously, no one in Europe outside of Italy knew that Cuomo was an actual name of a person.

Still it would be nice if Chris was a little more balanced in his views. He discredits himself by using selective, self-serving “facts” sometimes.

Last edited by Velvet; 05-20-2020 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-20-2020, 06:00 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Chris also mocked POTUS for taking hydroxychloroquine while he took a less safe derivative of the drug according to his wife's blog.

LOL
Old 05-20-2020, 06:04 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Fredo Cuomo. Just like the original Fredo.
Old 05-20-2020, 06:12 PM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

[QUOTE=graciegirl;1768482]That is not correct. Valid polls show that 70% of the U.S. population are from somewhat concerned to very concerned about the health risk to opening business as usual. That is my opinion and I will link.

too bad - i would have hoped 100% ! yet, despite risks, there are many who need to make a living to support themselves & their families.
the country can't keep borrowing & mortgaging our grandchildren's future. selfish seniors - what is the sense of winning 1 battle only to lose a war ? waiting on a vaccine ? tell that to aids sufferers !

but nice try hijacking the thread when the original thought was fredo's comment - nothing to do w/polls,,, he's just another ' do as i say, not as i do ' lightweights.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:51 AM

Fredo’s brother killed off a lot of the elderly in NY. I guess they were expendable. Cleaned out the nursing homes.
Closed Thread

Tags
reopening, side, country, home, chris

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.