Complaint department Gillette or potatoes

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2015, 04:19 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default Complaint department Gillette or potatoes

If someone can complain about potatoes at Bonifay, I want to warn people of the confusing to say the least packaging being used by P & G to sell their 12 pack or years’ worth of blades. The label does state that you are getting the Gillette Fusion Proglide blades. However, the picture sure looks like the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power blades. After three words I get dizzy.

I purchased them a month ago thinking I was getting the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power blades. Walmart service department employees believed as I did that the wrong blades were in the package when I returned them to the store for an exchange. I have contacted Gillette three times to express my dismay that the picture on the package is showing the Power blades as shown on the right. Note that the Power blades have a green glide film and a special notched silver track at the bottom. The other blades are blue and have no silver track. And, it does say that I am getting " 1 YEAR of Gillette's Best Shave". The Power blades would be the best and most expensive.

One potato two potatoes etc... My wife says I should not complain. Maybe I should examine things in greater detail so as to not get the wrong product. However, then I may find faults and still want to complain. Maybe I should just go with whatever potatoes or blades that I receive?
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0237[1].JPG
Views:	307
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	51713  

Last edited by twoplanekid; 05-26-2015 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We bought a can of green beans once and the can contained stewed tomatoes. I don't know what this has to do with anything. I just felt like sharing.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:06 PM
Gold member

So glad that you shared your frustration with the razors. This forum is for folks who want to shout it out just as you have. If Gillette has not responded to you then write to Consumer Reports Magazine.

Complaining about potatoes or razors, it's all in a days of retired living. It's what is important to YOU. Keep us up to date.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
We bought a can of green beans once and the can contained stewed tomatoes. I don't know what this has to do with anything. I just felt like sharing.
I hope you weren't trying to make that green bean casserole for Thanksgiving!

In the '80s, my neighbor found a very strange object in a half gallon of Breyer's ice cream. She wasn't going to do anything, but out of curiosity, I cleaned it and sent it to Kraft (they had just been bought by Kraft, or someone else pretty big). Their response was to net my neighbor quite a few coupons for free ice cream.

Turned out the item was a long, thick string of packaging glue used to fabricate the ice cream box.

I see nothing wrong with pointing things out when they're wrong. Yesterday we noticed that the dipping oil for the bread at Carrabba's was extremely salty. We told the waitress and jokingly suggested she might want to tell the Chef du Sale. No sense in bringing a bunch of complaints down upon themselves later.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:25 PM
Veteran member

We brought back our box of frozen Bubba Burgers to Publix last wk.. they were white , freezer burned.. I would not have cared but they were $10.99.. I would think the store would want to know that the product is defective.. .
Old 05-25-2015, 07:58 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy View Post
We brought back our box of frozen Bubba Burgers to Publix last wk.. they were white , freezer burned.. I would not have cared but they were $10.99.. I would think the store would want to know that the product is defective.. .
Most likely in the shipping or handling at the dock
Old 05-25-2015, 08:57 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

I have stock in P&G whose headquarters is located 80 miles from me in Cincinnati. It’s a huge corporation that should not make mistakes in packaging their products this way. I wonder how many hundreds of thousands of these blades have been shipped in this packaging. Has anyone seen this offering at a Walmart in Florida?

They did give me about $40 worth of product credits that must be used by September of this year and a letter that said “We do understand your frustration with the packaging. We do extensive market research and consumer testing with a goal of producing high quality products that consistently delight our consumers. We regret this wasn't your experience. We appreciate your feedback and will pass your comments to the Marketing department. Thanks for bring this to our attention.”

If I didn’t know better I would accuse them of the old “bait and switch” marketing tactic. I believe that they should consider pulling all of this packaging from stores.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 05-26-2015 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I have stock in P&G whose headquarters is located 80 miles from me in Cincinnati. It’s a huge corporation that should not make mistakes in packaging their products this way. I wonder how many hundreds of thousands of these blades have been shipped in this packaging. Has anyone seen this offering at a Wall-Mart in Florida?

They did give me about $40 worth of product credits that must be used by September of this year and a letter that said “We do understand your frustration with the packaging. We do extensive market research and consumer testing with a goal of producing high quality products that consistently delight our consumers. We regret this wasn't your experience. We appreciate your feedback and will pass your comments to the Marketing department. Thanks for bring this to our attention.”

If I didn’t know better I would accuse them of the old “bait and switch” marketing tactic. I believe that they should consider pulling all of this packaging from stores.
I am a fan of Proctor and Gamble.

But if you think these razors should all be pulled off the shelves, I say campaign, discuss, go to meetings, send mail and

MARCH.

but don't burn anything.

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-21-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I hope you weren't trying to make that green bean casserole for Thanksgiving!

In the '80s, my neighbor found a very strange object in a half gallon of Breyer's ice cream. She wasn't going to do anything, but out of curiosity, I cleaned it and sent it to Kraft (they had just been bought by Kraft, or someone else pretty big). Their response was to net my neighbor quite a few coupons for free ice cream.

Turned out the item was a long, thick string of packaging glue used to fabricate the ice cream box.

I see nothing wrong with pointing things out when they're wrong. Yesterday we noticed that the dipping oil for the bread at Carrabba's was extremely salty. We told the waitress and jokingly suggested she might want to tell the Chef du Sale. No sense in bringing a bunch of complaints down upon themselves later.
Fortunately it wasn't Thanksgiving. I love, love, love your signaure.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
I have stock in P&G whose headquarters is located 80 miles from me in Cincinnati. It’s a huge corporation that should not make mistakes in packaging their products this way. I wonder how many hundreds of thousands of these blades have been shipped in this packaging. Has anyone seen this offering at a Wall-Mart in Florida?

I think that they did what any reputable company would do. They responded to your complaint, apologized for their mistake, told you that they would pass your complaint on to their appropriate department, and gave you a credit equal to the money spent on the product.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:34 AM

Did you know that the pre-made bottles of "iced tea" don't have ice in them? And if I'm to believe Justin from the Coca-Cola company, they never have had any ice in them.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
I think that they did what any reputable company would do. They responded to your complaint, apologized for their mistake, told you that they would pass your complaint on to their appropriate department, and gave you a credit equal to the money spent on the product.
Their response sounds adequate to me too.

You did what you could. If you find that they don't change the packaging or pull the remaining items off the shelf, you could always renew the complaint, perhaps going directly to the marketing/packaging department.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:03 PM

As a Procter & Gamble retiree, I can say I'm very proud of their response to your complaint. Despite their best efforts, sometimes things don't go out just perfectly. You can rest assured that the Gillette Brand Manager for that product saw and read your comments. There is a good chance that one or more of the executives also read, or even listened to, your phone call -since most of them regularly do that. I don't know any company that tries harder to delight their consumers than P&G. I'm glad I spent many years there helping them do that!

Old 05-26-2015, 01:44 PM
Gold member
Default Just try keeping the ...

Quote:
If someone can complain about potatoes at Bonifay, I want to warn people of the confusing to say the least packaging being used by P & G to sell their 12 pack or years’ worth of blades. The label does state that you are getting the Gillette Fusion Proglide blades. However, the picture sure looks like the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power blades. After three words I get dizzy.

I purchased them a month ago thinking I was getting the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power blades. Walmart service department employees believed as I did that the wrong blades were in the package when I returned them to the store for an exchange. I have contacted Gillette three times to express my dismay that the picture on the package is showing the Power blades as shown on the right. Note that the Power blades have a green glide film and a special notched silver track at the bottom. The other blades are blue and have no silver track. And, it does say that I am getting " 1 YEAR of Gillette's Best Shave". The Power blades would be the best and most expensive.

One potato two potatoes etc... My wife says I should not complain. Maybe I should examine things in greater detail so as to not get the wrong product. However, then I may find faults and still want to complain. Maybe I should just go with whatever potatoes or blades that I receive?
the complaining to yourself or immediate family. No need to let thousands share in your disappointment...there are other, more important things, to worry about...
Old 05-26-2015, 03:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
the complaining to yourself or immediate family. No need to let thousands share in your disappointment...there are other, more important things, to worry about...
This is a forum. People come here to express themselves--what's good, what's bad, whatever. Not only is that allowed, it's welcomed, within the forum guidelines.

And now we know to be a little more careful when buying razor blades.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.