I like your style
LOL, thanks.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Don't compost me, please.

Bury me with my butt sticking out of the ground so you have a place to park your bicycle when you bring flowers.
Old 07-18-2021, 09:37 AM
Default Compose Me When I Die

If I am still in New York, I'll be donating my body to New York Medical College for medical education and research. They will pay the funeral director's expenses for transportation of my body if within a 75 mile radius of the College Campus. After they complete their research, they will cremate the body and give the ashes to a family member if so desired. There are no expenses or charges. Burial without cremation can be arranged through your funeral director at your own expense.

They said when I move to Florida, I can contact the Anatomical Board of the State of Florida 1-800-628-2594 and they would give me the names of medical colleges in Florida for donation of your body for medical education and research.
Old 07-18-2021, 02:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMM View Post
When my kid was 10 years old he decided he wanted a Viking funeral in Lake Erie. But my archery skills just aren’t good enough. So I figured for myself I would be cremated and then ashes sent to the fireworks company in Pennsylvania and hopefully put in some fireworks. But composting seems like a very good idea. I will have to check into this. I wouldn’t mind a body farm either to help forensic scientists. 😂
Human fireworks by Zambelli. I'll watch for you!
Old 08-13-2021, 12:36 PM
Location: California, Massachusetts, California, Virginia, Morocco, Massachusetts, Buttonwood

I just want to be cremated, with my pockets full of raw popcorn. Maybe an M-80 or three in a cavity that wouldn't be explored! Boom!
Old 08-13-2021, 01:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Another innovative idea, instead of a funeral, or cremation, there is growing interest in composting people.

Sounds crazy right, except, that is what people did for literally ever until someone found a way to make lots of money off people dying.

I understand that just planting a body in your backyard is both illegal and unsanitary and can spread disease. BUT...

Compositing results in perfectly safe residue and has a far lower carbon footprint than either burial or cremation. Give it a read, I like it.

now you can compost human bodies too
Joe Diffie - Prop Me Up Beside the Jukebox (If I Die) (Official Music Video) - YouTube
Old 08-13-2021, 02:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Closed Thread

Tags
people, compost, cremation, spread, unsanitary

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.