Copper leafs and other plants

Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2018, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts
Default Copper leafs and other plants

Was in Orlando yesterday, amazing the quantity and quality of plants in lowes down there. Makes them up here look like their selling weeds. Pick up two copper leaf plants even though mine are coming back, have couple more spots to plant them.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:16 PM
Veteran member

As you know, copper leaf shrubs are not hardy in this area and need winter protection.

The plants and shrubs that Lowe's and Home Depot sell are not necessarily the right things for our climate zone.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
As you know, copper leaf shrubs are not hardy in this area and need winter protection.

The plants and shrubs that Lowe's and Home Depot sell are not necessarily the right things for our climate zone.
If I like plant, I plant it and replace it when it dies. This year it froze way south, so even if you are in the recommended zone no garrentee they won't freeze.

When They freeze out so far they've come back. This was worse year for freezing sence I planted them, they are coming back And they are easy to propagate. Mine do very well over 6 feet tall and 4 foot wide. See several around my area. plus they're cheap, so even if the freeze out and die easily replaced.
Closed Thread

Tags
plants, copper, leaf, weeds, mine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.