Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2021, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,900 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Where is the Cybertruck?
Dude, keep up!

Tesla delays Cybertruck to late 2022; Elon Musk says it will be a ‘glitch in the Matrix’ - Electrek

LOL! you will be lucky to get one with 17K pre ordered, I will wager you any dinner you want that you won't ever see your dream truck. . . but for a time line, you won't get yours before Jan1 , 2024

sportsguy

Last edited by CoachKandSportsguy; 09-11-2021 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
But if there isn't enough raw materials to make safe batteries, EV won't scale. . . If you all think this will come true, you all should be investing in LIT, the lithium ETF, REMX, Rare Earth Metals, or Rare Earth Elements, and URA, or uranium which is the cleanest power production process yet, as the grid will need to have more power. Seriously, you will make lots of money, I have already, and it will continue. . . its a good 10-15% of my portfolio just for this reason.

Elon made electric vehicles sexy as a prototype, yes, whole heartedly agree, although he was not the founder of Tesla, he saw an opportunity and exploited the govt subsidies. Elon knows how to talk to make complex topics appear simple to lay people, and the lay people take it and try to reuse it to appear smart. Yes, I know first hand as he tried it in the electric utility on Linked In with a hand sketch diagram of proposed wires between houses as marketing for his roof shingles. I asked the electric transmission engineers at work, and they laughed,. . . like it was a proposal from the 1920's when electrification first began. . . also, he predicted 1,000,000 robo taxis on the road, its been over 2 years, no robo taxi, because he blew believer smoke up listeners' a$$e$

The only long term safety issue with electric cars, is the battery and fire hazard. there have been about 150 documented Tesla battery fires, and the car is still on the road. There were about 2-3 Chevy bolt battery fires and the car was pulled by a responsible car mfg.

Quality EVs will come from the ICE car mfgs because they know how to mfg cars. . . and service cars. . . they have both the mfg, sales and service infrastructure available. I am not against EVs, will try to investment money in their supply chain as a growth opportunity. I encourage all you who are EV believers as well. So conflating Elon and EVs as a single topic is the cultist belief

MY problem is Elon's perpetuation of cultism of those who no longer think critically without experience, and the reality of finance, implementation scaling, quality and politics, as he is a charlatan of major proportions, . . . If you have tons of money with nothing to do, go for it. . . . If you want quality EV, look into the competitors' EVs and you might be very pleasantly surprised.

sportsguy
Ok so it’s not that you hate EVs just Elon Musk I get it it. Did you or do you work for a car manufacturer ? I think Tesla is a amazing car maybe you never drove one? Can we pick apart things on Tesla sure we can pick apart on any OEM . I have a 2019 Chrysler Pacifica and the transmission shifts so hard it makes your whole body slam and they told me that’s normal get used to it. Every car I’ve ever owned has some sort of issue I can pick apart.
EV won’t scale? You see every car manufacturer in the world is investing billions on EVs.
Musk is a cofounder of Tesla and the largest shareholder and without Tesla/Musk no OEM’s would be changing their entire business model over to EVs and eliminating ICE vehicles. All of the critics said it couldn’t be done and laughed at him.
All of Elon’s time lines are off don’t know why he does that ?
Chevy Bolt is no comparison and all the fires happen when they are plugged in charging that’s scary especially in your garage. The Tesla fires well there was 190,000 ICE fires in 2019 and expected to be even more in 2020/2021
vs 150 Tesla fires ( if that’s correct?) . I feel safer in a Tesla! That includes arson,and other reasons unrelated to the vehicles like hitting structures driving too fast I’m sure ICE vehicles would have burned too. Quality vehicles will come from OEMS because they have the mfg sales and service sure in 5 years maybe? They are at least 5 years behind Tesla in technology and quality. Have you ever heard of Sandy Monroe? He just drove the Mustang E and it was pathetic compared to Tesla not to mention it look nothing like a Mustang? Check out his videos on YouTube he tests all the other OEMS EVs and they are way behind Tesla . Long way to go but I’m glad they’re doing it .
Pleasantly surprised by the big OEMS maybe in 5 years?
Again I don’t know why you hate Musk but he already made a million cars and that increase every year and as far as stocks go it’s a major winner.
A cult following yes that’s odd why people worship him? But give the man some respect he has changed the world and has many accomplishments besides Tesla. I don’t know how he juggles so many things but he does make a awesome car that most Tesla owners love and will remain loyal to the brand.

Last edited by Brad-tv; 09-11-2021 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
But if there isn't enough raw materials to make safe batteries, EV won't scale. . . If you all think this will come true, you all should be investing in LIT, the lithium ETF, REMX, Rare Earth Metals, or Rare Earth Elements, and URA, or uranium which is the cleanest power production process yet, as the grid will need to have more power. Seriously, you will make lots of money, I have already, and it will continue. . . its a good 10-15% of my portfolio just for this reason.

Elon made electric vehicles sexy as a prototype, yes, whole heartedly agree, although he was not the founder of Tesla, he saw an opportunity and exploited the govt subsidies. Elon knows how to talk to make complex topics appear simple to lay people, and the lay people take it and try to reuse it to appear smart. Yes, I know first hand as he tried it in the electric utility on Linked In with a hand sketch diagram of proposed wires between houses as marketing for his roof shingles. I asked the electric transmission engineers at work, and they laughed,. . . like it was a proposal from the 1920's when electrification first began. . . also, he predicted 1,000,000 robo taxis on the road, its been over 2 years, no robo taxi, because he blew believer smoke up listeners' a$$e$

The only long term safety issue with electric cars, is the battery and fire hazard. there have been about 150 documented Tesla battery fires, and the car is still on the road. There were about 2-3 Chevy bolt battery fires and the car was pulled by a responsible car mfg.

Quality EVs will come from the ICE car mfgs because they know how to mfg cars. . . and service cars. . . they have both the mfg, sales and service infrastructure available. I am not against EVs, will try to investment money in their supply chain as a growth opportunity. I encourage all you who are EV believers as well. So conflating Elon and EVs as a single topic is the cultist belief

MY problem is Elon's perpetuation of cultism of those who no longer think critically without experience, and the reality of finance, implementation scaling, quality and politics, as he is a charlatan of major proportions, . . . If you have tons of money with nothing to do, go for it. . . . If you want quality EV, look into the competitors' EVs and you might be very pleasantly surprised.

sportsguy
Ok so it’s not that you hate EVs just Elon Musk I get it it. Did you or do you work for a car manufacturer ? I think Tesla is a amazing car maybe you never drove one? Can we pick apart things on Tesla sure we can pick apart on any OEM . I have a 2019 Chrysler Pacifica and the transmission shifts so hard it makes you whole body slam and they told me that’s normal get used to it. Every car I’ve ever owned has some sort of issue I can pick apart.
EV won’t scale? You see every car manufacturer in the world is investing billions on EVs.
Musk is a cofounder of Tesla and the largest shareholder and without Tesla/Musk no OEM’s would be changing their entire business model over to EVs and eliminating ICE vehicles. All of the critics said it couldn’t be done and laughed at him.
All of Elon’s time lines are off don’t know why he does that ?
Chevy Bolt is no comparison and all the fires happen when they are plugged in charging that’s scary especially in your garage. The Tesla fires well there was 190,000 ICE fires in 2019 and expected to be even more in 2020/2021
vs 150 Tesla fires ( if that’s correct?) . I feel safer in a Tesla! That includes arson,and other reasons unrelated to the vehicles like hitting structures driving too fast I’m sure ICE vehicles would have burned too. Quality vehicles will come from OEMS because they have the mfg sales and service sure in 5 years maybe? They are at least 5 years behind Tesla in technology and quality. Have you ever heard of Sandy Monroe? He just drove the Mustang E and it was pathetic compared to Tesla not to mention it look nothing like a Mustang? Check out his videos on YouTube he tests all the other OEMS EVs and they are way behind Tesla . Long way to go but I’m glad they’re doing it .
Pleasantly surprised by the big OEMS maybe in 5 years?
Again I don’t know why you hate Musk but he already made a million cars and that increases every year and as far as stocks go it’s a major winner.
A cult following yes that’s odd why people worship him? But give the man some respect he has changed the world and has many accomplishments besides Tesla. I don’t know how he juggles so many things but he does make a awesome car that most Tesla owners love and will remain loyal to the brand.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:58 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,176 Times in 757 Posts

What happens when there are 2 other people waiting for a charging station ? Fist fights ?
Old 09-11-2021, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
What happens when there are 2 other people waiting for a charging station ? Fist fights ?
Maybe same thing happens at gas stations especially in a gas shortage sometimes worse than a fistfight
Old 09-11-2021, 10:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Again I don’t know why you hate Musk but he already made a million cars and that increases every year and as far as stocks go it’s a major winner.
I don't do resulting, and EVs won't scale well because of battery components with known quantities available today, unless something else changes, which given R&D, may eventually happen. The same scale issue is hitting TV right now, with rural development of upper and middle class homes with not enough monopsony (local sole sourcing) employment to service the demand at large scale.

So read up on resulting, eloquently described in the introduction of the book, Thinking in Bets, by Annie Duke, former poker player. The corporate world loves resulting, but implementation and execution is what resulting analysis always forgets. . . as in the future is always uncertain, sometimes more uncertain than at other times. I work with both the strategy teams and the implementation teams in IT technology. . . technology speed scales very well, physical implementations not so much, ie, INTEL hit the maximum semi processor throughput with one processor, which is why increased processing speeds come from multiple processors (source an EMC semiconductor design engineer) . . . which is why Elon markets a physical car as a technology solution.

finance guy
Old 09-15-2021, 08:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
There is definitely some truth to that rumor but we're actually subsidizing the car companies and not just the wealthy people because they can afford it anyway. It would make more sense to have a scalable rebate based on the price of a car, meaning that a car under $25,000 will get a higher rebate than a car that's $35,000 etc
I like that idea a lot.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
Why would it be any different than when there is a line at a gas station?
Old 09-15-2021, 08:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad-tv View Post
Yup, a couple of hours ago he launched 4 civilians into space to a higher orbit than anyone has been in since Appolo. He does miss timelines, but he almost always makes up for it with stunning success.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Yup, a couple of hours ago he launched 4 civilians into space to a higher orbit than anyone has been in since Appolo. He does miss timelines, but he almost always makes up for it with stunning success.
What does that have to do with the TESLA car?

Tesla’s Driver Fatality Rate is more than Triple that of Luxury Cars (and likely even higher) | by Midwestern Hedgie | Medium

There are videos of a TESLA passing someone on a FL road, hitting a bump at 35 mph, losing control, hitting a tree and instant battery fire, 2 dead people. . . and very recently

The car has been built in tents and not at all the quality advertised or led to believe. the financial misrepresentations are blatant. . .
Old 09-16-2021, 11:28 AM
Sage

The Lucid Air is the first electric car with a 520-mile EPA-rated range - The Verge

Better battery design, going after the specialty market, but 500 Miles per charge and a $40,000 K price would be a car which most people would buy in the mass market. . .

Until then, just virtue signaling for the rich . . .
Old 09-16-2021, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Dude, keep up!

Tesla delays Cybertruck to late 2022; Elon Musk says it will be a ‘glitch in the Matrix’ - Electrek

LOL! you will be lucky to get one with 17K pre ordered, I will wager you any dinner you want that you won't ever see your dream truck. . . but for a time line, you won't get yours before Jan1 , 2024

sportsguy
GEEZ, nice communicating with you! I'm gonna lay out between 50 & 70K for a toy and I never looked at any internet stories or YouTube stories. Thank's for filling me in with the details. At least now I know what's going on.

Once you place the order they communicate with you often, straight from Tesla. It's great, you always know where you stand and are free to flee anytime you wish. I'm going to hang in there no matter how much time it takes.

I remember as a young man being a car nut having the feeling that I had to leave the dealership with whatever car I was after at the time. I'm not so young anymore and hope I'm around when the truck is ready.
Closed Thread

Tags
tesla, cost, days, ownership, things

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.