COVID Breakthrough Rates

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2021, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu69er View Post
I started this thread to share some information I found regarding COVID vaccine effectiveness.

The MSM inundates us with the latest numbers of COVID infections, hospitalizations, and deaths ad nauseam. But they don’t report the percentage of unvaccinated in those numbers. If they did, we would have some real-world data about the effectiveness of the vaccines.

Only posts #18 and #22 added any useful information to the “discusssion”. All other replies were completely off-point.

Moderator, it’s time to close this post.
This post asks about statistics about the UNvaccinated. I did not think that there was much question about that. But, I can give my best opinion........I have heard many, MANY times on MANY news channels that at MANY hospitals the CV patients with life-threatening problems are somewhere between 90% and 97% UNvaccinated. It is happening that way in Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and others. What I heard about Florida yesterday is that 75% of Fl. hospitals are suffering from STAFF SHORTAGES. Many expert Doctors on news programs have said that the US has a Pandemic of the UNvaccinated. I hope this helps clear things up!
Old 08-18-2021, 11:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
Yes, and thank you very much for proving my point. If there was a sudden nuclear attack, I would hope our teaching staff would advise all students to take whatever cover they could, however ineffective that cover may be.
Our medical community is guilty of "Failure to communicate" , or, otherwise known as , "Lying by omission".
97% of US medical Doctors ARE vaccinated. That is a statement that they are making that I will TRUST.
Old 08-18-2021, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I’m fully vaccinated and am on day 12 in the hospital. None of these numbers matter when it happens to you.

What are “breakout “ cases by the way.?
So sorry to hear this—Wishing you a rapid recovery!
Old 08-18-2021, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
In your (unsubstantiated) OPINION.
No, what I said is in my PRAGMATIC opinion.
Old 08-18-2021, 12:13 PM

lol....PCR test were recalled by the FDA...fake
Old 08-18-2021, 12:13 PM

There are two types of unvaccinated, those who have not caught the virus, and those who already have caught the virus.

Dr. Peter Weiss, a clinical professor at the School of Medicine at UCLA for 30 years, and was the National Health Care Advisor for Sen. John McCain’s presidential campaign.

He wrote a research paper on N95 masks that was published in 2007 in the American Journal of Public health.

He states that for an N 95 mask to be effective it has to be form fitted. Surgical masks are made of three plied layers of synthetic microfibers an extra fine synthetic fibers which block out much larger particles but do a poor job of blocking the much smaller particles associated with COVID-19 viral transmission. The COVID-19 virus is extremely small 60–140 nanometers, which is 1/thousandths of a micron. The vast majority of COVID-19 is spread in much much smaller aerosol spray of 1/1000 of a micron. These small particles can penetrate deeper into the lungs. We don’t wear them for viral protection.

He goes on to state even though I am a believer in the vaccine, I understand those who aren’t and respect the right of a healthy 18 year old woman to decline receiving it. For the 36 million people who have had Covid, there’s no need for them to get the vaccine, since they have natural immunity. For how long, we don’t know, but research suggests durable immunity. It’s simple to test and find out if you still have antibodies against COVID-19. (I, myself, give blood regularly that shows that my antibodies are still with me after eight months. It has also been showed that people who have survived the SARS-2 from years ago, which COVID-19 is, still have antibodies 17 years later.)
Old 08-18-2021, 12:20 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts
Default Kids and covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by heims01 View Post
Given the time it takes the shots to take affect, if you haven't been vaccinated you had better get it done or hope this is all just a hoax. Too bad for the less than 12 age group that have to suffer foolish adults and adolescents over 12. Time will tell.
Facts state that kids are not at high risk at all.
Old 08-18-2021, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Nothing of what you stated is true, including "Maybe". Is this an accurate representation of our medical community? (Also, I find the addition of "Smilies" to be quite elementary).
Which part?

Your desk is wooden?
Your opinion is pragmatic (maybe)?
I'll ride it out in Cheyenne Mountain?

And as I've previously stated, I love my little rolling laughing men---they're not going anywhere

And just to review, the original claim you made referred to the CDC changing from the vaccinated need not wear a mask to the current policy. This is a moving target, and delta came along as well. You should be thankful, not "mistrustful" that they have your back. My analogy, which may have been over your head, was to show that a disclaimer about what the future might bring is actually pretty silly.

Understand now???

Last edited by golfing eagles; 08-18-2021 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-18-2021, 12:28 PM
Default What happened to the “flu”

The flu has mysteriously disappeared hmm 🤔 I wonder why?

QUOTE=msu69er;1990047]Here's what you need to know about COVID-19 breakthrough infections | Live Science

Finally, some numbers on breakthrough rates of COVID in the new surge of cases. My takeaways: (1) Less than 10% of new COVID cases are breakthrough, (2) if fully vaccinated you have a 1 in 20,000 chance of needing to be hospitalized if you get COVID, (3) if you are fully vaccinated you have a 1 in 7 million chance of dying from COVID, and (4) if you are not vaccinated you could be an incubator for more deadly variants of COVID. Bottom line: Vaccination is the best way to stay safe from COVID and prevent it’s possible future spread.[/QUOTE]
Old 08-18-2021, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Which part?

Your desk is wooden?

And as I've previously stated, I love my little rolling laughing men---they're not going anywhere
Every part. And I thank you for proving my point. Over and out, I have better uses for my time. I graduated from elementary school many years ago.
Old 08-18-2021, 12:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Every part. And I thank you for proving my point. Over and out, I have better uses for my time. I graduated from elementary school many years ago.
Maybe. I'm not convinced
Old 08-18-2021, 12:54 PM

A little something on the subject for members of both very divided camps....IF you have done the 23&Me DNA study, go to your account and it will show you based on your DNA the "likelihood" of requiring hospitalization if you contract COVID. Of course, the variants may change statistics....but then so is everyone else who is trying to use them to make the point they want to make so why not?
Old 08-18-2021, 01:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,225 Posts

///
Old 08-18-2021, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Which part?

Your desk is wooden?

And just to review, the original claim you made referred to the CDC changing from the vaccinated need not wear a mask to the current policy. This is a moving target, and delta came along as well. You should be thankful, not "mistrustful" that they have your back. My analogy, which may have been over your head, was to show that a disclaimer about what the future might bring is actually pretty silly.

Understand now???
Yes, I do understand now, and thank you again for removing any doubt. Because what I understand, through these replies, is that we have all grown older, but not all of us have grown up.
Old 08-18-2021, 08:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yes, I do understand now, and thank you again for removing any doubt. Because what I understand, through these replies, is that we have all grown older, but not all of us have grown up.
Yep, that must be it.
I knew you'd be back
Closed Thread

Tags
covid, breakthrough, vaccinated, chance, fully

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.