Covid and the upcoming elections, planning should start now

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2020, 08:20 PM

Extended days and hours for voting? Fine. Vote by mail? No way; it invites, even encourages, fraud. Want to see election results you cannot trust to be honest or reliable? Go to vote by mail.....
Old 04-09-2020, 08:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klatu View Post
Extended days and hours for voting? Fine. Vote by mail? No way; it invites, even encourages, fraud. Want to see election results you cannot trust to be honest or reliable? Go to vote by mail.....
Like when and where ? Claims unsubstantiated ever.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:38 PM

[QUOTE=tophcfa;1743289]Not voting in person raises serious fraudulent voting concerns.[

There is very little evidence of voter fraud. That’s a conservative talking point. Military have voted by mail for years and other states have voted by mail for years without a problem. If you want to vote in person, you should be given that option. I prefer mailing in My ballot.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klatu View Post
Except this has already been proven false.

Florida has mail-in vote options, so do several other states. Past experience in this country with mail-in votes proves that there is minimal risk of mail-in fraud. How does it prove it? Because - there has been minimal mail-in fraud.

There was actually MORE fraud at the polls themselves, nationwide, than there has been via mail-in.
Old 04-10-2020, 05:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Except this has already been proven false.

Florida has mail-in vote options, so do several other states. Past experience in this country with mail-in votes proves that there is minimal risk of mail-in fraud. How does it prove it? Because - there has been minimal mail-in fraud.

There was actually MORE fraud at the polls themselves, nationwide, than there has been via mail-in.

Even without a source, I'll bet you're right.

The problem as I see it is this:
In 1992 there was no internet fraud. There was limited use of the internet and limited commerce. The "fraudsters" were dumpster diving, phone soliciting, and door to door.
Now, you can't do anything but delete most e-mails. Why? The "fraudsters" moved on to greener pastures. When Willie Sutton was asked why he robs banks, his reply was "that's where the money is"
I'm afraid that if all voting migrates to mail, or internet, or interactive TV, the "fraudsters" will be out in droves. Just because they aren't here at the moment, just like the early internet, they very well may appear. Why? Because that's where the votes are.
Like the investment ad states----"past performance is no guarantee of future returns"

PS: Despite all this political BS, I still love you OBB, and you too, Blue.
Old 04-10-2020, 05:55 AM
Default Perfectly stated, Orange Blossum

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
That is political propaganda horsepucky. There are many states that provide mail-in ballots (including Florida), with very little actual fraud going on. The percentage of actual fraud (as opposed to assumed, alleged, accused, or supposed) is not even statistically significant.

With the singular exception of manipulation in North Carolina, during a single election, this just flat out isn't a "thing."

The only people who are fighting against it, are people who have a lot to lose if ALL citizens have better access to casting a vote. They are against it because they are afraid that if more people vote - more people will vote against them. And they would probably be correct.

But it's fear that keeps the votes out of peoples' hands, not fraud.
Voter fraud will start to be promoted as we get closer to Nov. just like last time
Old 04-10-2020, 06:54 AM

How quickly you get..... Remember those dead Democratic voters from the local cemeteries in the south?
Old 04-10-2020, 07:02 AM
Platinum member

lol.....he was at Mar-A-Lago the weekend that early voting started--could easily have voted in person.

fraud?????? Oregon has been using mail in voting exclusively with no problems. Where are all the people who advocate back up paper ballots--you have them with mail in voting.

my recent mail in ballot I couldn't use because the envelope was already stuck together and I had no way of inserting my ballot without damaging the taper proof component. I had to go to the election office, turn that ballot in, and they had to re-issue it with a specific bar code. It's not a matter of just sending ballots out--they are accounted for....

and since Trump won Florida despite all us mail in voters--hard to say there was fraud.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Not voting in person raises serious fraudulent voting concerns.
It works just fine in Colorado.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:19 AM
Platinum member

frankly, I'm more concerned about hacking of at site voting than I am of mail fraud. with a paper ballot it can investigated. hacked computer records????

the Republicans forced people in Wisconsin to go out during a pandemic to vote at drastically reduced number of sites.

the use of the word "fraud" related to mail in voting is directly correlated to the foolishness spouted everyday by certain members of the administration and Fox News.

there was no "voting the way it was supposed to be". we used to have to vote with paper ballots, then machines with levers, then touch screen. Like everything else in our life, times change. How many people go inside a bank and deal with a teller?

actually, voting by mail takes us back to a time when a paper ballot is handy and available--something that can actually be checked for recounts, etc. seems to be less prone to fraud than computer hacking, etc.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:27 AM
Default Vote by mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Not voting in person raises serious fraudulent voting concerns.
Not true. Five states have voted by mail for a number of years with minimal proven voter fraud. Vote by mail or the internet is a necessity wit COVID-19.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvic 1 View Post
Judicial Watch found that their were over 1,000,000 fraud mail in votes just in California alone..
And, this is how they describe themselves: “Judicial Watch is an American conservative activist group.”

It’s not like they would be biased or have an agenda. Ha!
Old 04-10-2020, 07:39 AM
Sage

No, the President can't easily vote in person. There are substantial logistics and local disruptions wherever the President goes because of his security detail. You don't want him voting in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
lol.....he was at Mar-A-Lago the weekend that early voting started--could easily have voted in person.

fraud?????? Oregon has been using mail in voting exclusively with no problems. Where are all the people who advocate back up paper ballots--you have them with mail in voting.

my recent mail in ballot I couldn't use because the envelope was already stuck together and I had no way of inserting my ballot without damaging the taper proof component. I had to go to the election office, turn that ballot in, and they had to re-issue it with a specific bar code. It's not a matter of just sending ballots out--they are accounted for....

and since Trump won Florida despite all us mail in voters--hard to say there was fraud.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:55 AM
Default What is the evidence of fraud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Great----now we can have election fraud and those guilty don't even have to pay $0.49
As above, what is the evidence of fraud?
Old 04-10-2020, 08:01 AM
Platinum member

there are substantial disruptions every time he goes to Mar-A-Lago.....from Palm Beach newspaper: In Palm Beach, Trump’s motorcade must drive several miles to reach Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach. Those near-daily trips to his golf club require additional security to secure the motorcade route, direct traffic and protect another venue.

so surely if he can spend that much money to play golf, he could have just as easily voted in person.
Absentee Ballots are a great way to vote for the many senior citizens, military, and others who can’t get to the polls on Election Day. These ballots are very different from 100% Mail-In Voting, which is “RIPE for FRAUD,” and shouldn’t be allowed!

— President Trump, on Twitter

so what's the difference between mailing an absentee ballot vs a mail in ballot???? as someone recently wrote sarcastically but truthfully: "An absentee ballot is placed in an envelope, whereas a mail-in vote is enclosed in an envelope. The difference in security should be obvious.
Closed Thread

Tags
vote, covid, mail, locations, county

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.