Customer service gone

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2015, 04:58 AM
Email Reported As Spam

We replaced all our kitchen appliances (Samsung). We visited several places not only for product, pricing but for service. The last place I would buy an appliance is Home Depot because beside the issue the OP had, their installation practices/rules are not conducive to a good experience.

We settled on Best Buy because the sales guy was very engaged, their installation practices are excellent. The installers, one who lives in the villages, were outstanding and did a picture perfect job. We went back about two months after our installation and the sales guy remembered us and spent time in answering any questions/comments we had with our new products.

At one time top of the line GE was good but not any longer. We did relocate our GE stainless steel refrigerator to the garage. Beside it being noisier than Samsung the ice maker wasn't the best and we do not make ice in the garage.

Our dishwasher is so quiet I find myself checking to see if it is running.

Overall customer service in this country has gone to pot (maybe its because of pot ) with so much offshore customer units, voicemail and general loss of interest by management to care for customers. So when you do find someone who is good make them your best friend because s/he is a keeper.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
I'm about ready to explode and wonder if it's me? We just bought a new refrigerator from home depot (a LG). When purchasing of course we were talked into the 5 yr warranty to protect ourselves. The sales woman also wrote down the number for Warranty and circled it and said any problems call this and they will take care of you.
OK after 3 weeks a problem develops. I call. After waiting at least 1\2 hr trying to get a "live" person on the phone, Finally one gets on and says I have to call LG not home depot. After another 1\2 hr I get someone on line but I can barely understand her but I hang in there. She had me try this, try that, and I told her, look send someone here. I'm not a refrigerator repair man. She told me if she does and there is no problem, I will be charged. I told her no we have a warranty. Got no where. After another 1\2 hr of trying to figure out why alarm isn't working when door is left open, she said OK Monday I can send someone. Told her not good, important Dr that day, now about another day. She said no can't schedule that now, I have to call back again next week. Told her put supervisor on and got no where with that either. Now I have to spend my time going to store and wait for sales person go complain. This is outrageous. Customer service islong gone. I've had it
It seems reasonable to me that if you insist that a repairman come to your residence, and there is nothing wrong with the frig other than operator error, that this would not be covered under warranty.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:13 PM

My impression based on experience with other companies is that the call center is overseas. The staff uses a flip chart to assist because they don't know the product. They speak english , but don't understand it. Most owners manuals that come with a product have a trouble shooting guide that sometimes helps. Extended warranties are profitable. An internet search is usually helpful because someone else may have encountered the same problem.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:25 PM
Platinum member
Default Reading from scripts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
I can understand the OP venting. I thought we were the only ones that had issues with customer service. I wish I had a penny for every minute I have spent on the phone on hold waiting or trying to explain to the umpteenth person my problem. I make a special effort to let a company know when one of the employees does a great job. On rare occasion you get that person who will even go above and beyond to help you. My thanks to those good people. And by the way OP, LG is a company I would never buy from again, myself, because of their customer service. Hope the earlier posters suggestion helped you. If not, try Googling your problem.
Most call centers are oferseas and they do send the people theough functional english classes. Of course the accent can get in the way. Funny how they have such Americanized first names. My wife was a cs for a major bank and another time with aol and they were required to follow the scripts or get in trouble. I do like my LG phone. Best 5.00 I ever spent.
Closed Thread

Tags
told, call, warranty, depot, refrigerator, person, home, customer, problem, day, send, service, sales, charged, door, working, repair, alarm, man, figure, important, time, spend, store, wait

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.