A day to be humble

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2017, 11:16 AM
Veteran member
Default A day to be humble

A day to be humble

As I write this an invisible Moon is inexorably moving on its regular orbit to position itself between the Earth and the Sun. An event that has happened countless times before. Widely visible celestial events such as these occur reminding us of how insignificant we are in the endless clockwork of the cosmos. And how special the human species is to be able to look up and reflect on it.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:24 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSkol View Post
A day to be humble

As I write this an invisible Moon is inexorably moving on its regular orbit to position itself between the Earth and the Sun. An event that has happened countless times before. Widely visible celestial events such as these occur reminding us of how insignificant we are in the endless clockwork of the cosmos. And how special the human species is to be able to look up and reflect on it.
The Dude abides.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:47 AM
Email Reported As Spam

cool; Like I have days to be humble
then
I have days to bumble...oops not again Oh no

then I am really humble.

forgive me I get this way when the moon comes between the earth and the sun it will pass in bout 93 minutes
Old 08-21-2017, 02:23 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
cool; Like I have days to be humble
then
I have days to bumble...oops not again Oh no

then I am really humble.

forgive me I get this way when the moon comes between the earth and the sun it will pass in bout 93 minutes
Rubicon, that is the best thing you have ever posted. Thanks for the big smile!
Old 08-21-2017, 02:41 PM
Platinum member

I am very proud of my humility. No one is going to out humble me because I am the best at being humble.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:53 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
A day to be humble

You are absolutely right. We were in the totality for more than two minutes. "Humbling" was the only word I had during that time. I was actually quiet.

As I think back, the other word that comes to mind is "awesome" and I mean "awesome" in the real and true sense of the word.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:03 PM
Veteran member

So Rubicon, are you once again "right" with the world? I am a little concerned for you.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:42 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
A day to be humble

Thank you for this post.

I wonder if our species, however it will evolve, will survive the next major meteor such as that which most believe took out the dinosaurs. Hopefully we will be technologically advanced enough to divert or destroy it somehow.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
day, humble, insignificant, occur, events

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.