Day trip to Cassadaga

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2018, 11:49 AM
Veteran member
Default Day trip to Cassadaga

A bunch of girlfriends and I are trying to fill a bus to Cassadaga. (Google it if you don't know about it) LOL

Trip is a bus from Lake Sumter Landing.

Date: Tuesday, October 16
Cost: $28 for bus (round trip of course) Includes tip
Departs Lake Sumter Landing 8:30 am
Arrives Cassadaga around 10 am
Departs Cassadaga at 2:30 pm
Arrives Lake Sumter around 4 pm

Lunch is on your own at the only restaurant in town, which is inside the only hotel. Restaurant is called Sinatra's and of course, Italian and am told it is good.

Mediums/Psychics cost anywhere from $50-$100 depending upon who you choose. You will need to make appointment yourself ahead of time. My buddies and I can give you a list of names/numbers. A reading typically runs 45 minutes

So, this is at least a $110 day....Bus/Lunch/Medium....so please bear that in mind. Need 25 ladies to get bus. No bathroom on bus, but can stop if we have to do so.

Need all the checks by September 1st.

No refunds. Once you've paid, you are going or not. The cost of the bus depends upon the number of passengers, not fair to others.

Send me a private message if you would like to come
along.

Old 06-21-2018, 12:33 PM

This is great. A group of Villagers heads out to an unincorporated town full of psychics, mediums and other miscreants, with one hotel and one restaurant. When they emerge to return home, chock full of knowledge of dead relatives, the bus is NOWHERE to be found.
The ladies band together to survive, but start disappearing one by one. With no where to turn, no police, no wheel of fortune, and spotty cell phone service, the adventure begins.
Based on a true story.....
"The Villages 25" Starts Friday at theatres everywhere...Rated R for nudity.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Want to know more?

Experience the Beauty and Spirituality of Cassadaga Spiritualist Camp
Cassadaga, Florida - Wikipedia
Things To Do in Cassadaga, Florida - SmarterTravel
Old 06-21-2018, 06:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

"Certified Mediums". Love it. Frankly I prefer mine well done. Sounds like a blast though. My father just passed, too soon to talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:49 PM
Platinum member

Please ask John Lennon what he saw in Yoko.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:59 PM
Platinum member
Exclamation Wrong in either direction.

The famous Magician / Illusionist / Escape Artist Harry Houdini was so distraught by the death of his mother that he quit performing and devoted his energies to communicating with her through Mediums.

After years of failed efforts he devoted his time to exposing the tricks of the false Mediums. In more recent years exposing the deceptive practices of false Mediums has been undertaken by magician / illusionists The Amazing Randi, and Penn and Teller.

Randi sponsored the One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge, which offered a prize of one million dollars to eligible applicants who could demonstrate evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event under test conditions agreed to by both parties. It was never won.

But, as we know, there continues to be a stream of true believers who will flock to Cassadaga and throw money at Mediums for the opportunity to be deceived.

----------

Taking the alternative view, that Mediums can communicate with the dead, there is this.

"Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord."
--- Deuteronomy 18:9-12 NIV
Old 06-22-2018, 06:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
The famous Magician / Illusionist / Escape Artist Harry Houdini was so distraught by the death of his mother that he quit performing and devoted his energies to communicating with her through Mediums.

After years of failed efforts he devoted his time to exposing the tricks of the false Mediums. In more recent years exposing the deceptive practices of false Mediums has been undertaken by magician / illusionists The Amazing Randi, and Penn and Teller.

Randi sponsored the One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge, which offered a prize of one million dollars to eligible applicants who could demonstrate evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event under test conditions agreed to by both parties. It was never won.

But, as we know, there continues to be a stream of true believers who will flock to Cassadaga and throw money at Mediums for the opportunity to be deceived.

----------

Taking the alternative view, that Mediums can communicate with the dead, there is this.

"Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord."
--- Deuteronomy 18:9-12 NIV
Carl, you are wise. Thank you for your post.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

A diminutive psychic was recently caught stealing and before they could be arrested (did they predict it?)...they took off running from the police.

The All Points Bulletin stated...'small medium at large.'

Old 06-22-2018, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Oh for goodness sakes, it's just a fun day out for these ladies, don't read so much into people's posts. Chill, live and let live and enjoy.

We are all here for such a short time.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-22-2018, 08:08 AM
Veteran member
Default Thank you

Thank you....
Some people are so eager to find fault that you would t think there was a reward offered

You are correct, it is just a fun day out!
Old 06-22-2018, 08:16 AM
Platinum member

again, I am aghast at the number of people who feel they must comment on something that apparently they have no interest in. I didn't find a need to comment on whether Phil Mickelson should have been disqualified because I don't care about what he did. It's infuriating to see someone ask for advice and instead get attacked for what they want to do and not just in this instance. I doubt the women who are taking this trip are expecting to communicate with the afterlife. This is just a fun idea for a day trip. Remember what I'm sure your mothers told you--"if you can't say something nice about it, don't say anything."
Old 06-22-2018, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by salpal View Post
Thank you....
Some people are so eager to find fault that you would t think there was a reward offered

You are correct, it is just a fun day out!
Salpal, you are so welcome! May I suggest you put your invitation out on Nextdoor: Sign in

The Next Door site is great, you can reach as many people as you want to, and you will not get the kind of comments you get on here. Have a great day out and come back and tell us about it.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-22-2018, 11:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Oh for goodness sakes, it's just a fun day out for these ladies, don't read so much into people's posts. Chill, live and let live and enjoy.
We are all here for such a short time.
We are all here for such a short time, so live and let live. Next Door is a great site.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:54 PM
TOTV Moderator

The topic of this thread is an invitation to join a group of residents on a trip. Please confine responses to questions about the trip itself.

If you wish to discuss the merits of mediums, etc., please start a separate thread on that topic. Further off topic posts will be removed.

Old 06-23-2018, 03:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Images of Cassadaga, Florida. A nice place to visit and where time stands still.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
bus, cassadaga, lake, cost, sumter

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.