Deep Thinkers

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2022, 05:17 AM
Default Meaning

We are here to evolve our soul to be a better person - doesn't seem that way looking at the world. But you will have to answer to it in your life review so don't screw it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAm_...nnel=MarkGober
Old 08-16-2022, 05:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
My bad. Actually, the odds of flipping 100 heads in a row is 1 in 1,300,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

I am an engineer, not a mathematician.
Hmm we better get started flipping a coin than. If you use a two headed coin that should improve our odds.
Old 08-16-2022, 05:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
It is impossible to prove a negative, so I can't answer your question
As I recall from mathematics years ago when you add a negative number to another negative number you get a positive number.

Since it was so long ago not positive this is correct.
Old 08-16-2022, 05:43 AM
Veteran member

Victor Frankl wrote a book called “Man’s Search for Meaning.” He was a Holocaust survivor. He found those people who survived the camps were not always the strongest but more often those prisoners who had found meaning in their lives. Maybe the hope to meet a loved one again or to write a book when they were released. Often, he said, alcoholics and drug addicts have a sense of no meaning to their lives, that nothing matters. Any grandparent can tell you the power of love and how that gives meaning to their lives. Just looking around at all the happy grandchildren at a family gathering can give one a beautiful feeling of meaning to your life. Others may find meaning in their work helping people. I don’t think I would be very content or happy if I believed there was no meaning to life. Just my thoughts.
Old 08-16-2022, 05:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Butler View Post
based on this statement:

Forty-two is the ASCII code for the symbol * also known as the asterisk. This symbol is often thought to translate to anything or everything. In this instance, 42 = everything, the meaning of life.
Now THAT is deep…!!
Old 08-16-2022, 06:02 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 432 Posts

With all of these existential ponderings, I am left with one simple question:

What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
Old 08-16-2022, 06:28 AM

The meaning of life is to glorify God and serve Him. Repent and Believee in the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved. That’s the meaning because without Him there is nothing.
Old 08-16-2022, 06:54 AM
Platinum member
Default Detention for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu from nyc View Post
as i recall from mathematics years ago when you add a negative number to another negative number you get a positive number.

Since it was so long ago not positive this is correct.
class, class, classssss
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220816_074451.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	94742  
Old 08-16-2022, 07:03 AM
Platinum member
Default Idk, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblaze View Post
the smartest people in the world tell us life has no meaning; it's just the end result of an absurdly huge number of absurdly fortunate coincidences.

The smartest people in the world also tell us that every particle in the universe is merely a "wave" of possible mathematical solutions to its location in the universe, until it is observed. In other words, the universe cannot exist without an observer.

The smartest people in the world claim that this somehow proves that god does not exist. I wish i could explain that part, but i am not that smart.

I just find it odd that it apparently never occurs to the smartest people in the world that a solution to the observer problem could be that god is, in fact, the only reality; and the universe is nothing more than god's thoughts -- which would also explain the absurd chain of coincidences necessary for our universe to exist.

If god exists, and we are nothing more than god's thoughts, then the meaning of life must be entertainment -- god's.
presuming you created children, did you do it to entertain yourself, or was it done out of love for one another?
Old 08-16-2022, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko View Post
Hi,
you have made it this far in life and are getting closer to total consciousness. It is time to ask the million dollar question....what is the meaning of life? Not your life as YOU have given it its meaning.
For every action there's an equal and opposite, and sometimes greater reaction. As Sir Isaac Newton observed water in a bathtub he realized the water heighth changed as he entered the tub.

So as it goes in life if you make a big splash you will get wet. If you push, you will get pushed back. The harder you exert your force upon this world the harder it will push you back.

So be a good force in this world. Push just enough to force yourself along but don't push so hard that you'll push others away in the process.

Engineering is hard but life doesn't have to be.
Old 08-16-2022, 07:16 AM
Platinum member
Default And this answer is?

Quote:
my bad. Actually, the odds of flipping 100 heads in a row is 1 in 1,300,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

I am an engineer, not a mathematician.
on a planet of 8 billion people what are the odds of any 2 meeting and procreating and also creating any one individual facing all the factors involved?
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220816_075818.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	94743   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220816_075754.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	94744  
Old 08-16-2022, 07:16 AM

Meaning of life? Easy. To “experience” that, which you already “know”.

As an example…let’s say prior to incarnating into this body (soul being energy and the laws of physics says energy can’t be created or destroyed, but only change molecules structure….means your soul has always been, and will always be…so yes you (soul) existed prior to coming into 3D…but I digress) you have all the book knowledge of being an astronaut. You know everything about an astronaut. Having your soul incarnate into 3D is to “experience” that which you already “know”. To experience being an astronaut is to experience all the infinite variables that can happen in 3D being an astronaut. That is far more knowledge because of encountering unknown variables here, than just “book” knowledge of it. Duality (good and bad) is here to add to those variables. The most valuable training a soul can get is to incarnate into 3D form. It’s more or less, getting your PhD in added knowledge.
Old 08-16-2022, 07:17 AM
Default Knowledge

Meaning of life? Easy. To “experience” that, which you already “know”.

As an example…let’s say prior to incarnating into this body (soul being energy and the laws of physics says energy can’t be created or destroyed, but only change molecules structure….means your soul has always been, and will always be…so yes you (soul) existed prior to coming into 3D…but I digress) you have all the book knowledge of being an astronaut. You know everything about an astronaut. Having your soul incarnate into 3D is to “experience” that which you already “know”. To experience being an astronaut is to experience all the infinite variables that can happen in 3D being an astronaut. That is far more knowledge because of encountering unknown variables here, than just “book” knowledge of it. Duality (good and bad) is here to add to those variables. The most valuable training a soul can get is to incarnate into 3D form. It’s more or less, getting your PhD in added knowledge.
Old 08-16-2022, 07:53 AM

LOVE, we are here to Love
Old 08-16-2022, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
I don't view it as coincidences, but as probability. If you flip a coin 100 times, there is a very low probability that you will get 100 heads. But, if you flip the coin a trillion times, you are virtually guaranteed to get 100 heads in a row at least once.

The earth is 5 billion years old, but intelligent life has only existed for about 150,000 years. One reason that intelligent life is unlikely on another planet within our galaxy is that many of the planets in the galaxy cannot exist long enough for intelligent life to evolve. They are located in a congested area where they are destroyed by being bombarded by other larger objects. It takes millions of years with stable environmental conditions for life to evolve into an intelligent life form.
Interesting point. But what guarantee is there that we'd even recognize other intelligent life if we saw it? In my opinion it is only Mankind's arrogance that allows him to believe we're so special as to be the ONLY intelligence in a universe so vast we've scarcely even begun to realize its size, if indeed we ever will. Heck. We don't even really know for sure that we're the only intelligent species on our own rock--or if other intelligent species existed in the billions of years before we came on the scene 200,000 years ago.

Think of it this way. We inhabit a nondescript rock rotating around a rather average star tucked away in a corner of a pretty average galaxy in...well, you get the picture. We're microscopic if even that. AND we exist in a rather narrow band called the "goldilocks zone" that maintains a temperature of only 450 degrees or so above absolute zero. Just about all of the other real estate in the universe is a lot hotter, or colder, or gassier than our little speck. There could be life far more intelligent than us even in our own solar system, but our extremely limited means of perception, at this time, is a guarantee we'll never become aware of it, or if we do it will be only after we do a whole not more growing and maturing as a species.

It is a fact that just about every tribe discovered in the Amazon, or Papua New Guinea, or Africa, or wherever that has not had contact with the outside world, views itself as the epitome of creation, with all other creatures (including other humans) as less than they are. What makes us, today, any different?
Closed Thread

Tags
life, meaning, million, dollar, question

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.