Definitely NON-Villages thread!

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2023, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy and Ed View Post
Yes….but she did it the right way, legally. Welcome to her and thanks to her for embracing our way of life
Yes, she came in as a refugee - which means - undocumented. Also, "our way of life" is embracing differences. She is not losing herself or her upbringing or heritage or culture. She is merely now adding herself, upbringing, and culture to this melting pot on an official basis.

She's still a dark-skinned plump Haitian woman whose first language is Creole, has nappy hair, wears a weave, eats food that most Americans can't pronounce, and lives to serve her family and clients without a single thought to stocks and pensions and wealth management.

Last edited by OrangeBlossomBaby; 01-07-2023 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-07-2023, 10:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
The sad thing is that most 20-somethings, who were born in the USA, would not be able to pass the citizenship exam. In our old hometown, they made U.S. History an elective in high school many years ago.
Most Americans wouldn't be able to pass it. History is one of those things I took in school because it was required. I didn't care about it, I didn't care about my teacher, I did just well enough in it to pass (got a C-). History class was memorizing dates of things that had no meaning to me, because they never bothered to explain why it /should/ have meaning to me.

Most Americans don't know, or care, what happened June 25, 1876 and would have to google it to be reminded of its significance.

Most Americans don't know that a Senator's term of service is 6 years, with a 2-year rotation of 1/3 of the Senate, and a Congressperson's term of service is 2 years, and its entirety is up for re-election every even-numbered year.
Old 01-07-2023, 12:22 PM

Congratulations 🎊
Old 01-07-2023, 02:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Yes, she came in as a refugee - which means - undocumented. Also, "our way of life" is embracing differences. She is not losing herself or her upbringing or heritage or culture. She is merely now adding herself, upbringing, and culture to this melting pot on an official basis.

She's still a dark-skinned plump Haitian woman whose first language is Creole, has nappy hair, wears a weave, eats food that most Americans can't pronounce, and lives to serve her family and clients without a single thought to stocks and pensions and wealth management.
may she have all the happiness she deserves! this is a heartwarming story
Old 01-07-2023, 04:15 PM

Congratulations and a Big Welcome to her and may God bless her with a long and happy life here. 🙏
Old 01-07-2023, 04:20 PM
Default Done the right way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I'm just busting with happiness right now. My mom's weekday home health aide, who she's had for the past year, just earned her citizenship papers this morning.

One more American who can speak three languages fluently (French, Creole, and English), and knows more about our country than most of us do.

So proud of her!
Many congratulations to a new American. Welcome to America, little sister.
I give deep thanks and huge gratitude for you doing it the right way.
Old 01-07-2023, 07:55 PM

Welcome to the USA tax code conundrum.
Old 01-07-2023, 07:57 PM

Well aren't you just full of facts to make the rest of us feel down.
Enough already plz.
Closed Thread

Tags
american, speak, languages, fluently, french

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.