Did the movie, THE EXORCIST, scare you?

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2017, 02:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I was in Oklahoma City going to the FAA Academy and hanging out at the hotel bar was getting old, so I decided to get some new entertainment. I headed over to the Mall theater and was stopped by the police on the way. Apparently there was a police officer standing in the intersection directing traffic. He was wearing a black uniform, no dayglo gloves or hat, no white shirt, nothing bright. The traffic light was green for me, it wasn't flashing, it wasn't turned off, nothing and I'm trying to find my way in city traffic to a mall I've never been to. I was headed west looking directly into the setting sun. A motorcycle cop pulled me over and looked at my license and said, you don't stop for police officers in Florida? I said, if I could of seen him, I would of stopped, and then I asked why the light was not flashing, and the police officer was wearing all black and the sun was directly in my eyes. The first time I saw him was when he blew his whistle and I had already passed him. He didn't want to hear any excuses and to this day, I can't go back to Oklahoma because I have a $15 outstanding traffic ticket.

BTW, I thought the Exorcist was great and it did scare me a bit. I always liked Lee J. Cobb ever since I saw him in 12 Angry Men and he was perfect for the slow prodding police detective. Jason Miller the actor who played the main priest died in 2001 at age 62 of a heart attack and at one time was married to Jackie Gleason's daughter and they had a son who is actor Jason Patric.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
I won't say it actually scared me, but the shower scene in Psycho made me resolve to never again take a shower unless the door to the bathroom was locked.

Yep, I couldn't watch Psycho again. Re: Timberline Lodge. I was born and raised at 6,200' but it's been sea level for me ever since I got to the age I thought I knew everything.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:56 PM

I was dragged to that movie by my soon-to-be husband when I was 18. He wanted to see it. I was terrified. I was raised Catholic, and both Jesus and Satan were very real to me. I saw that scene of her sitting on the edge of the bed laughing for days.
I didn't see another horror film until I saw "Alien". I like scifi, and didn't realize it was that scary. I hate things that pop out at you!
Closed Thread

Tags
renounce, real, satan, scare, exorcist

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.