Did you find a sand wedge ???

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Default Did you find a sand wedge ???

My husband lost a prized & sentimental sand wedge on #6 at Saddlebrook last night. If you found it would you please call 430-0101.

Thank you.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Eternal Member

I assume he called the starter shack last night and today to see if someone turned it in.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
I assume he called the starter shack last night and today to see if someone turned it in.

Z
Yes, we called this morning but of course no one had turned it in. Last night we were with a neighborhood group so I know someone would have said something then. He KNOWS he left it at #6 bunker as he laid it down to congratuate a fellow player on a great shot over the bunker to the green...in the dark!!! I'm PRAYING that an honest Villager found it and will call us. It means so much to him.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Gold member

You might call the starter shack again and ask them where the greenskeepers would turn in lost clubs. It might be the closest country club or maintenance barn.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Default Lost Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyBoy View Post
You might call the starter shack again and ask them where the greenskeepers would turn in lost clubs. It might be the closest country club or maintenance barn.
Thanks BogeyBoy...that is a GREAT idea and I will do that. I'm still praying that someone with a "twinge" of honesty will turn it in or call us.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Sage

Hope it finds it's way home. Let us know, ok?
Old 06-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

You might ask those you were playing with to look in their golf bags, with the excitement of the "great shot", someone may have accidently picked it up and put it in their bag.
This happed to me once in a mixed doubles scramble and our playing partners picked up my club.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Default Lost Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Hope it finds it's way home. Let us know, ok?
I sure will let you all know if it shows up, however as of this morning...no calls.

Our son, who is Asst. Superintendent at Baltusrol Golf Club (PGA Championshiop 2005) reminded me that the grounds crew would have been first on course in the morning. Hmmmmm maybe we could go on e-Bay or Craigslist and buy it back????? Just a thought...not that it would really happen
Old 06-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERALDINE View Post
I sure will let you all know if it shows up, however as of this morning...no calls.

Our son, who is Asst. Superintendent at Baltusrol Golf Club (PGA Championshiop 2005) reminded me that the grounds crew would have been first on course in the morning. Hmmmmm maybe we could go on e-Bay or Craigslist and buy it back????? Just a thought...not that it would really happen
When we had stuff stolen in Hawaii we went to the swap meet and bought most of it back. Then we told the cops.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:29 AM

Wow Trudy...how SAD is THAT, but glad you called the Police. Hopefully the "culprits" were apprehended.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Platinum member

Don't give up hope for the honesty of the Villagers. I once found a club, put it in my bag while waiting for an ambassador to come by. Well, that short term memory thing struck. It was in my bag for a week. When I took it to the starters shack they were waiting for it. They said that this happens all the time. Good luck
Old 06-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Veteran member

Suggest club labels for all your clubs. Can buy at the championship courses at reasonable price (4.95) less 10%, ready same day. Have them on all my clubs and helped to return my PW to me when found at Palmer.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:07 PM

Golf2141: Thanks for the words of encouragement. That's exactly what I'm hoping happened in this case too. My husband, however, is a "little" (gross understatement) more synical about the situation!!! :-)
Old 06-13-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster View Post
Suggest club labels for all your clubs. Can buy at the championship courses at reasonable price (4.95) less 10%, ready same day. Have them on all my clubs and helped to return my PW to me when found at Palmer.
Had them. Like my husband said to me though, if someone wants to be dishonest, a label is NOT going to make a difference to them. To an honest person...yes...it makes it easy for them, they just call you.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Default Found !!

Just got an email telling us my husband's sand wedge has been FOUND !! Many thanks to all of you for "listening" to my lamenting about this...and MANY thanks to the guy who found it (Tom) and his honesty. My faith in my fellow Villagers has been restored !!!

Did I tell you all that a few years ago, while attending a concert at The Savannah Center I went into the ladies room and upon entering the stall, I saw a change purse setting on the tissue holder? I opened it up and it had in it a roll of money bigger than I'd ever seen!!!! You know that feeling when your heart skips a beat and for a split second you think...."whoo hoo...I've hit the jackpot"???? Well....I had that feeling, BUT I turned it into one of the Rec Center Assistants. I've always hoped it got back to it's rightful owner. Karma?????

Thanks Be To God !!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.