Did you know this about the great pyramid?

Closed Thread
Old 07-06-2017, 07:44 AM
Gold member

But those planes are not using lightning as a fuel source. This is what might be happening.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
But those planes are not using lightning as a fuel source. This is what might be happening.
Doubt it. There is a distinct lack of lightning in interstellar space.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

From Angkor Wat to Stonehenge: How Ancient People Moved Mountains

This is interesting. One thing. The Egyptians probably used thousands of people and animals and had no compunctions about many of them dying in the building of these monuments. They used a lot of slaves from conquered territories I would guess.

Quote:
"What we think is they made some sort of railway," Storemyr explained. "Not a railway in the sense we know today, but some type of wood with fixed beams that a sledge that the stone is mounted on could be dragged on."

Then it's just a matter of "lots of people, lots of rope, lots of animals," he added.

The railway, mounted on top of the paved road, would enable workers and animals to lug a stone on top of its sled to the lake and, eventually, up the Nile to the emerging pyramids. (Learn about the pyramids at Giza.)
How did they float such weight though on a boat??
Old 07-06-2017, 08:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
From Angkor Wat to Stonehenge: How Ancient People Moved Mountains

This is interesting. One thing. The Egyptians probably used thousands of people and animals and had no compunctions about many of them dying in the building of these monuments. They used a lot of slaves from conquered territories I would guess.

How did they float such weight though on a boat??
Wood sled might work for 2 ton stones, but try it with a 1000 ton stone and all you get is toothpicks. Lots of rope??? The problem would be there is not enough room on a 1000 ton stone to tie the thousands of ropes you would need, not to mention the rope would have to be made of steel. What the author suggested is like towing a locomotive with cooking twine.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Wood sled might work for 2 ton stones, but try it with a 1000 ton stone and all you get is toothpicks. Lots of rope??? The problem would be there is not enough room on a 1000 ton stone to tie the thousands of ropes you would need, not to mention the rope would have to be made of steel. What the author suggested is like towing a locomotive with cooking twine.
Quote:
Theories abound on how ancient Egyptians moved the enormous limestone and sandstone blocks into place for their pyramids. But how did they transport these blocks, some weighing hundreds of tons, from the quarries to the construction sites?
Quite a mystery Golfing Eagles. How could we do it even today?
Old 07-06-2017, 08:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Quite a mystery Golfing Eagles. How could we do it even today?
Interestingly, they went to a number of heavy construction experts and asked that question about the 1000 ton horizontal stone at Baalbek. Some said they couldn't do it. Others felt they could do it by using 13 of our heaviest cranes arranged in a circle, each counterweighted with 50 tons, and each attached to the stone by 8 inch steel cables. They would then VERY carefully lift the stone not to break it in a coordinated effort. But with that many cooks spoiling the broth, they doubted they could place it as accurately as they did thousands of years ago.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:10 AM
Gold member

Another theory as to how it might have been done.

Levitation By Sound - YouTube

Levitation Breakthroughs! bio-gravitics, hutchison effect, vibro-acoustics, - YouTube

LACMA: Levitated Mass - On The Move (The 340-ton Rock) - YouTube
Old 07-06-2017, 09:15 AM
Gold member

Maybe Earth is a filling station? Wild thought, but this planet has many resources.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
HUH????

If 2 1/2 million blocks = 2 1/2 million cubic meters, than each (one) block would be a cubic meter, or about 39"x39"x39". Reconsidering????

Also, IF it takes 1 million blocks to make a m3, then each block would be 1 cm3. Reconsidering now???

(Must be common core math)
LottoGuy stated that there are 2,500,000 million blocks, not two and a half million blocks. I questioned whether he thought his rather large figure was wrong and he said "no", so any calculation of his block size has to be based on two thousand five hundred billion blocks.

You are correct, though, that I got my centimetres confused with my decimetres - each of LottoGuy's blocks would, indeed, be 1cm x 1cm x 1cm. And that would easily fit in one of his floating coconuts :-)
Old 07-06-2017, 01:25 PM
Email Reported As Spam

So if experts even today find the prospect of building a pyramid problematic does that lend support to other theories?
Old 07-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
LottoGuy stated that there are 2,500,000 million blocks, not two and a half million blocks. I questioned whether he thought his rather large figure was wrong and he said "no", so any calculation of his block size has to be based on two thousand five hundred billion blocks.

You are correct, though, that I got my centimetres confused with my decimetres - each of LottoGuy's blocks would, indeed, be 1cm x 1cm x 1cm. And that would easily fit in one of his floating coconuts :-)
I think LG was redundant----there are 2.5-3.0 MILLION blocks in the great pyramid. so we'll split this one 50-50
Old 07-06-2017, 02:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
This guy does more flip-flops than Mary Lou Retton. First the UFO's crashed because they were struck by lightning; now they're being powered by it!
Old 07-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
So if experts even today find the prospect of building a pyramid problematic does that lend support to other theories?
It wasn't too long ago that experts couldn't explain how a bumblebee could fly, given its high weight and small wing area. (It was high speed photography that showed that the wings twisted as well as going up and down). But at least they didn't resort to assuming that bumblebees must therefore be aliens.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:58 PM
Platinum member

Maybe the ancients had special abilities we no longer have, like being able to teleport bricks with their mind over a long distance.
Why assume they had less abilities and we have now .

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 07-06-2017, 03:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
It wasn't too long ago that experts couldn't explain how a bumblebee could fly, given its high weight and small wing area. (It was high speed photography that showed that the wings twisted as well as going up and down). But at least they didn't resort to assuming that bumblebees must therefore be aliens.
That's it.
That had wings.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Closed Thread

Tags
pyramid, great, doubt, incredible, fact

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.