Where else did you look?

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Gold member
Default Where else did you look?

We bought in TV a year ago but actually moved in back in November. We'll be heading back north in a few weeks.
When we return in the fall I intend to start looking at other places to live. Just wondered what else is out there. I now TV is unique but I'd like to explore other places and possibly hit the road again.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Sage

Here's a related thread that's fairly recent:

Did you look at other places before picking TV?

Bill
Old 03-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Here's a related thread that's fairly recent:

Did you look at other places before picking TV?

Bill
Bill. Great job.

Your one talented dude.

How did you post the complete thread?
Old 03-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Bill. Great job.

Your one talented dude.

How did you post the complete thread?
Thanks..........but I don't know anything of being talented in much of anything!

If you want to copy a link for a complete thread into your particular post: Open another window (or whatever Mac people do if you're on that side of the coin), go to TOTV and find the particular thread you're looking for (via a search or, if it's one you know you've posted in previously, look under Quick Links then Subscribed Threads), highlight/copy the entire URL shown for the thread from the top of your browser, revert back to your other window, and paste the URL into the post you're creating. Ta-da! When it shows up after you've made your post, the TOTV software will shorten the length of the full URL as a space-saving consideration (you'll see some dots .... imbedded) so it'll look like part of it is missing. But it IS all there.

Hope all that makes sense!

Bill
Old 03-13-2011, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

Looked at a lot of places near Orlando (which is where we wanted to be).

I asked a sales rep at Del Webb, "who's your biggest competitor?"
He replied "The Villages, and it's big, people either love it or hate it"

We visited - and loved it.
Every place had a golf course and clubhouse/pool.
No other had the breadth of activities.
TV is great.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
We bought in TV a year ago but actually moved in back in November. We'll be heading back north in a few weeks.
When we return in the fall I intend to start looking at other places to live. Just wondered what else is out there. I now TV is unique but I'd like to explore other places and possibly hit the road again.
I am curious why you are interested in moving away from TV after such a short time? Do you mind sharing?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
I am curious why you are interested in moving away from TV after such a short time? Do you mind sharing?
There are no real TV negatives, at least nothing to start a war about and I might decide to stay in TV as the snowbird I am now.
I'd like some place warmer for sure. While we just really moved in last fall, I was here a couple of times the previous winter and if this cold trend continues, I'm outta here for sure. The only thing I was trying to escape up north was the cold. I really like my northern home in the spring, summer and fall, thus the trips back and forth. If I were forced to decide between full time in the north or full time in the south it would be a tough decision.
I actually spend alot of time out of the bubble when I'm in TV. I've joined clubs on the outside and like spending time in the real world. I actually worked at the Sumter County Fair today with an organization to which I belong. We eat out and shop more off campus than in TV.
I definitely like TV and play as much golf as I want and am pretty busy from morning to night and have made friends here. I guess I just want to see what else is out there. It could be that what I have now is the best that I can get.
I'll be off on another adventure in the fall. I've lived in many places, some I liked some I didn't and know alot about where I don't want to live. I'm still uncertain about just where I do want to live.
Again, nothing really negative.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.