Did you receive your Insurance Bill?

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2020, 10:05 AM

Storms are a yearly occurance and are budgeted for accordinly. However antifa, blm and riots are not. Billions and billions of $ in looting, burning and destruction of property are not. I expect much higher insurance bills. And if, as promised, out taxes will also go up.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltma View Post
I disagree. I’ve been with First Floridian Travelers for 17 years here and Travelers for 20 years in Connecticut and rates rarely raised. Just got a new roof and premium went down $20. And don’t forget it is not only the amount you pay but the service you get. Doesn’t do any good to pay less but have to struggle over getting a claim paid.
We have had Travelers here for 15 years. Our annul rate just went up 17% for our Homeowners. $940 to $1120. We did get a new roof.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:45 AM
Veteran member

I have American Integrity and just received my new invoice. It went up over $700 a year with no claims ever. What the Hell? I called several other insurance co. , including Progressive, and they are not writing new policies, or they want your auto insurance. I am not changing auto ins. companies. I called AAA, since I have been a member for years. They asked me about bundling my auto, which I did not want, and they never called me back with a quote. Any advice?

Last edited by bilcon; 10-28-2020 at 10:49 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 10-28-2020, 12:35 PM

I about fainted when I opened my bill! Last year I paid $1136.00. This year my bill is $2162.00! And no, I didn’t get a new roof. Needless to say I changed companies and got the same rate as last year.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Don't know how they can get much higher ! Mine tripled last year before the neighbors all laughed at me for NOT putting in a fraud roof claim with the help of the guy who came to ALL our homes, said he'd "handle it all, inspect the roof, report the damage and the dates (I could not remember any extreme storm in my neighborhood), etc. I and one other would not do it. Neighbors all laughed and said we two would STILL get our insurance raised, but would be the only ones in the neighborhood who did NOT get a new roof for it at least ! Just could not accept such a thing as went on this past summer ! Shameful I think !
We had pea size (peas size hail little bigger than BB.) hail about half mile away and all sudden two years after the hurricane came through majority of roofs now have damage. When roofing inspectors says we have lawyer just sign here and you will get new roof or they say those shingle are no longer made you can get new roof. something smells?
Old 10-28-2020, 12:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
In my opinion, all the stories about why homeowners insurance rates go up are pure speculation. Even the agents who sell the policies have no clue about why a company will choose to raise a customer's rate by 20 or 30 percent. And, I don't think the agents have any knowledge or power to influence a company's rate. The only way to save money is to shop around for the lowest rate regularly and be willing to change companies. Also, I think that being a loyal customer will not help you. Rather, it will make you a target for premium increases. The industry calls it "price optimization", raising rates on loyal customers because they don't think they will change companies.
I can speculate? Hundreds get new roof, thousands get billed with rate height.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:11 PM

My first annual, September renewal was 36% higher with no claims filed. I was told by my insurance agent that most of my increase was due to all the new roofs that were done in the last 1-2 yrs. In essence, we all pay for others' new roofs when it is done through their homeowners insurance.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
I have American Integrity and just received my new invoice. It went up over $700 a year with no claims ever. What the Hell? I called several other insurance co. , including Progressive, and they are not writing new policies, or they want your auto insurance. I am not changing auto ins. companies. I called AAA, since I have been a member for years. They asked me about bundling my auto, which I did not want, and they never called me back with a quote. Any advice?
Try Farmers. There's an office in Clermont. They quoted us for just homeowners. But we actually asked about bundling and saved 10% on each policy, homeowners and auto. Our $800 homeowners would have been $880 without the bundling. A lot less than the $1350 AIG wanted. Our auto (was with Allstate) ended up being cheaper than Allstate.

Bum-ba-dum-bum bum-bum-bum!

Last edited by CFrance; 10-28-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-28-2020, 05:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,701 Times in 5,236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I can speculate? Hundreds get new roof, thousands get billed with rate height.
You may be correct. But, if were in charge of an insurance company, I would deny roof damage claims, unless there was convincing evidence that the damage was caused by a weather event. I certainly wouldn't be bullied by a roofing company or their lawyers. I asked my agent about this roof situation, and they said that they always have their own adjuster inspect the roof and approve the claims, regardless of what the roofer says. But, who knows?
Old 10-28-2020, 05:15 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by condomom22 View Post
My first annual, September renewal was 36% higher with no claims filed. I was told by my insurance agent that most of my increase was due to all the new roofs that were done in the last 1-2 yrs. In essence, we all pay for others' new roofs when it is done through their homeowners insurance.
Your Agents doesn't hold any water with previous comments and mine.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:01 PM
Veteran member
Default Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Nasty surprise. Not unexpected I suppose considering all the major storms across the country this year, but if people are having to live on SS this has to be a major burden for them.
I had been with American Integrity insurance for a few years, and last year my bill was $605. This year it was $1178, so I shopped around and changed to Farmers Insurance, for about $400 less.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:04 PM
Veteran member
Default Try Farmers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
Same happened to me. I called Farmer’s and they were $400 cheaper and what American integrity raised my rate to.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:14 PM
Sage

I might add that calling the insurance broker of The Villages was not very helpful. They came up with a plan that was a couple hundred dollars cheaper than AIG's $1350 rate but had a $5000 deductible! Then they had another plan that was not very much less than AIG's $1350 that they wanted to raise us to. I don't know if they are limited as to who they can quote, but I suggest getting on the phone or online and scouting insurance companies out on your own. That's how we found Farmer's.
Old 10-31-2020, 07:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,064 Times in 2,743 Posts

Yikes, just got the bill for my homeowners from American Integrity. Went up 58% from last year and is up a total of 109% from 3 years ago, and I have never in my life filed a homeowners claim on any of the 5 homes I have owned. Can anyone who has changed to either Farmers or Progressive, not using The Villages Insurance, please provide me with the contact information they used to change their policy. Did you use an independent agent or contact the Insurer directly? Thanks, Chris
Old 10-31-2020, 08:16 PM
Sage

I did a search online for homeowners insurance for 32162. I had the declarations page from American Integrity so I could be sure to get the same coverage. I think it went out to brokers, but actually, Dominick from Farmers' in Clermont called me. We walked through the declarations and that of our auto insurance which had been with Allstate. AIG wanted $1350, up from $735. Farmers' quoted $880. When I bundled the auto in with it, it came down to $800. And the auto insurance ended up being cheaper than Allstate for the exact coverage. I have since learned that there is a Farmers' office in either Leesburg or Fruitport, so if you want to talk to someone in person, do a search for that.

Progressive and Geico wouldn't quote us, saying they wouldn't provide us coverage in our area. Our credit rating is Excellent, so I don't know if those two just don't insure here, or what the deal is with them.

Tags
major, people, live, burden, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.