Digital proof of vaccination is in the works

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2021, 08:00 AM

If you ate vaccinated, why does it matter to you if another person isnt'..
You wont catch it because you are protected.
Seems it would be none of your business as there is no effect on you.
You want everyone to be forced to doing things your way and are willing and even desirous of "punishing" those who wont comply with what you want by limiting their personal freedoms. Sounds tyrannical to me.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:00 AM

And a new government agency in Washington and in each state employing thousand of folks. And yes, a substantial fee.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:03 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
The vaccine will not be mandated. The government is not forcing anyone to get nor will they.

But it may be required to shoe proof that you have ben vaccinated in order to take part in certain activities or use certain facilities.

It's no different than stores requiring you to wear a mask. You don't want to wear a mask, don't go into that store. You don't want to be vaccinated, you can't get on the cruise ship.

That is very different than mandating a vaccine for everyone.

Doesn’t make sense... if one is vaccinated what difference is it if an unvaccinated person sits next to you on a cruise ship? Isn’t one completely protected from the person who elects not to be vaccinated. Why would one care one way or the other?
Old 01-31-2021, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Only an anti-vaxxer would have that concern. Personally, I invite being able to digitally prove I have been vaccinated against Covid. Why not?
It is false that only an anti-vaxxer would have this concern. I have this concern and I am definitely not an anti-vaxxer.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 01-31-2021, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
It’s sounds like your choice is imposing your fears and beliefs on others, not all of us live in fear, not all of us want a shot that doesn’t stop you from getting Covid, just lessens symptoms, has a risk factor and has not been completely tested...so basically if we don’t believe what you want, all our freedoms should be restricted or taken away...wow, just wow..
Absolutely (to the above highlighted text)!!!

The efficacy of the vaccines affords an individual 94.1% efficacy from the Moderna vaccine and 95% efficacy from the Pfizer vaccine. That means that an individual will have 94.1% protection of not becoming infected with Covid when taking the Moderna vaccine and 95% protection of not becoming infected when taking the Pfizer vaccine. Both vaccines offer 100% protection of not having severe disease therefore not requiring hospitalization.

That is extremely good for these vaccines to offer that kind of protection.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
True. If kids are mandated to have certain vaccinations to start school, then adults should be mandated certain vaccines too. I dont think thats too much to ask
Yup. It really is as simple as that!
Old 01-31-2021, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts

Quote:
I'm really surprised at the difference of opinion some people have about proving, a person has been vaccinated. We already have discussed that paper "proof" can easily be forged. Why not have a fail safe method of proof that can not be forged? I am truly appreciative that this opportunity will exist for those of us who have been vaccinated.
If you want a gold star to wear or a "digital passport" to show so others can pat you on the back - go for it. But DO NOT try to impose your fears of beliefs on me.

Requirements for vaccinations for anything other than the most critical jobs where freedoms have VOLUNTARILY been given up are counter to what this country was founded on.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 01-31-2021, 08:08 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Absolutely (to the above highlighted text)!!!

The efficacy of the vaccines affords an individual 94.1% efficacy from the Moderna vaccine and 95% efficacy from the Pfizer vaccine. That means that an individual will have 94.1% protection of not becoming infected with Covid when taking the Moderna vaccine and 95% protection of not becoming infected when taking the Pfizer vaccine. Both vaccines offer 100% protection of not having severe disease therefore not requiring hospitalization.

That is extremely good for these vaccines to offer that kind of protection.
What does that have to do with individual choice and freedom? When some decide what is best for others and impose their beliefs, freedom is lost which is far worse than covid19.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
The vaccine will not be mandated. The government is not forcing anyone to get nor will they.

But it may be required to shoe proof that you have ben vaccinated in order to take part in certain activities or use certain facilities.

It's no different than stores requiring you to wear a mask. You don't want to wear a mask, don't go into that store. You don't want to be vaccinated, you can't get on the cruise ship.

That is very different than mandating a vaccine for everyone.
You get it! You said it better than I did and I thank you for that.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:13 AM

Another way to divide people. "US" and "THEM".
It makes we really sad to see how "THEY" are changing our mindsets.
But then again, sheep will be sheep.
In the meantime, just another way to point fingers at and shame our friends and neighbors. It's an ugly look on people and those doing it should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:13 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
You get it! You said it better than I did and I thank you for that.
And the fact is lost on you that why do you care if someone else is vaccinated? You are safe if you have been, remember? It could be a real financial loser for businesses which adopt that policy. Many of us wouldn’t patronize them even though we had been vaccinated.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
What does that have to do with individual choice and freedom? When some decide what is best for others and impose their beliefs, freedom is lost which is far worse than covid19.
No one is imposing anything on anyone. You can choose NOT to be vaccinated. That is your choice. BUT...........just wait until you can not get on an airplane if you are not vaccinated. Your choice NOT to be vaccinated will impact how you live your life. This is what I wish for and I will not change my stance on this. Having said that, my wish may not come true but I surely wish it will.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:18 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
No one is imposing anything on anyone. You can choose NOT to be vaccinated. That is your choice. BUT...........just wait until you can not get on an airplane if you are not vaccinated. Your choice NOT to be vaccinated will impact how you live your life. This is what I wish for and I will not change my stance on this. Having said that, my wish may not come true but I surely wish it will.
There are many regimes in the world which would love that stance.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
And the fact is lost on you that why do you care if someone else is vaccinated? You are safe if you have been, remember? It could be a real financial loser for businesses which adopt that policy. Many of us wouldn’t patronize them even though we had been vaccinated.
94.1% safe and 95% safe with the Moderna vaccine and Pfizer vaccine. With the soon to be emergency approved J&J vaccine, only 66% safe from becoming infected. It could be a real financial BOOST for businesses who adopt that policy. Have you thought about that?
Old 01-31-2021, 08:21 AM

Quote:
People who can not take the vaccine for medical reasons, unfortunately, will not be able to go back to pre-Covid life. Those who can and are willing to take the vaccine should have the opportunity to go back to the life as we knew it before this pandemic.

Moderna press release re: vaccines' efficacy with new variants......

Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Retains Neutralizing Activity Against Emerging Variants First Identified in the U.K. and the Republic of South Africa | Moderna, Inc.
Wow, you really have some pompous words, people should not be entitled to their life back because you demand a vaccine, that really isn’t a vaccine....
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccination, entrance, proof, digital, works

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.