Television Installation

Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2007, 10:12 PM
Default Television Installation

Wouldn't you know it, the day after Christmas my TV rolls over and dies. Does anybody have any suggestions, etc. about flat screen tvs and who would set it up. I don't think it is real rocket science but I am a self admitted klutz given a hammer or screwdriver in my hands.

Thanks

:joke:
Old 12-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Television Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffer
Wouldn't you know it, the day after Christmas my TV rolls over and dies. Does anybody have any suggestions, etc. about flat screen tvs and who would set it up. I don't think it is real rocket science but I am a self admitted klutz given a hammer or screwdriver in my hands.

Thanks

:joke:
;D
I'll do it for free, however the service call will be $750.00 :yikes:
Sorry I'm not exactly around the corner
Handie :joke:
Old 12-26-2007, 10:48 PM

Circuit City right here in the Villages will deliver and install with purchase in some cases. Check them out for Promos.

I bought 2 big screens and they delivered and setup.

Also in some cases if you are a new customer comcast cable TV will do the same for a fee.

Finally with HDMI now a source for audio and video, buy a couple of cables long enough to go from the Cable box to your TV. Oh yes the cable box for HDMI must be a digital cable box. If you don't sub to digital cable forget the HDMI> However you will not get to view HiDef TV. If you use a DVD you may want the HDMI Cable from the DVD to TV.
So if you have both a digital cable box and a DVD player get the 2 cables and hook them into the slots on the TV.

Setup is so easy with these cables you don't need extra wires and in most cases the setup of the TV is very simple. It finds the source and setup is almost automatic.
Just make sure the TV you buy has 2 HDMI Connectors in the back or side.

One for TV and the other for a DVD player or Xbox or any other source you want to hook it to.

CK it out.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handieman
;D
I'll do it for free, however the service call will be $750.00 :yikes:
Sorry I'm not exactly around the corner
Handie :joke:
Could I have used your service call awhile back
Old 12-26-2007, 11:46 PM
Eternal Member

If you're just hooking a TV to a cable, maybe thru a VCR-type device, it's pretty straightforward. As soon as you start adding devices, it gets complicated. I had a company come in and tie the big screen to cable, a VCR, DVD, Tuner, CD player, and even an old cassette player/recorder. They ran cables in the walls/ceiling and mounted small speakers around the room, high up on the wall. It's a neat system, just a pity that I'm too obtuse to operate it correctly. I think maybe my blender and mustache trimmer are tied in there somewhere, but I can't figure out how. ???

The outfit is Precision Sound, owned by Donnie Hickey. Tel # is 352-267-4799. And Donnie is really a joy to work with and explains things thoroughly.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 12-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Platinum member

Just a little info

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/smf/index.php/topic,1868.0.html
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.