DirecTV vs Comcast - Opinions Please

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2018, 04:02 PM
Sage
Default DirecTV vs Comcast - Opinions Please

For a few reasons that are not important here, I'm thinking about changing from DirecTV to Comcast. I already know Comcast's reputation for service (or lack thereof...heheh). So please hold that to a minimum. I've been a Comcast internet/phone customer for quite a while and have been satisfied. I just like to get opinions regarding their cable TV services.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
. I just like to get opinions regarding their cable TV services.

Thanks in advance.
We've recently switched from Directv (was with them since about `95 or so) to Directv Now. This is the internet streaming version of Directv. It's new and has some technical issues that are starting to get resolved, screen freezes and occasional poor picture quality.

It doesn't have all the choices that Directv has but has the ones we are interested in. Much less expensive. This isn't cable but it is an alternative provider of movies, regular tv stations, and cable stations and so on.

If technical issues aren't resolved in a month or so we will probably go back to Directv.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:20 PM
Sage

Does DirecTV Now have Fox Sports Sun...the Tampa Bay Rays baseball channel?
Old 01-15-2018, 09:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Does DirecTV Now have Fox Sports Sun...the Tampa Bay Rays baseball channel?
It has Fox FS1 and FS2. Is it one one of those channels?
Old 01-15-2018, 09:23 PM
Veteran member

If you need fast internet, stick with comcast. If slow doesn't bother you, go with century link.
If you're sticking with comcast for internet, stay with them for the rest.
I literally have neighbors who come to my house to watch tv when there is bad weather because their dish is out. The internet is the deciding factor on this.
I have Comcast and will never switch. I don't have customer service issues. I try to attract more bees with honey instead of acting like an entitled geezer who goes berzerk over a 10-minute outage... It's all in how you treat them...
Old 01-15-2018, 09:45 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

I fortunate because my only problem with Comcast is the price
Old 01-16-2018, 07:15 AM
Sage

Have had Comcast for ages. Can’t say we’ve ever really had any serious problems with them. Service has been good...internet, phone and tv.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:16 AM
Sage

That is not exactly true. If you have CenturyLink via fiber to the house they offer a variety of speeds from 10 megabits per second to 1000 megabits per second (among the fastest consumer bandwidths available anywhere). If you are in an area with CentryLink via copper (aka DSL), it may be true. However, I believe most people become enamored with the "numbers". The amount of bandwidth most people need is relatively low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
If you need fast internet, stick with comcast. If slow doesn't bother you, go with century link.
If you're sticking with comcast for internet, stay with them for the rest.
I literally have neighbors who come to my house to watch tv when there is bad weather because their dish is out. The internet is the deciding factor on this.
I have Comcast and will never switch. I don't have customer service issues. I try to attract more bees with honey instead of acting like an entitled geezer who goes berzerk over a 10-minute outage... It's all in how you treat them...

Last edited by biker1; 01-16-2018 at 08:22 AM.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:31 PM
Gold member

I have DirecTV and Comcast for Internet only. Every year I re-negotiate with Comcast on price. As long as you are willing to bargain with them once a year you can get a good price. ‘‘This is my 3rd year and I have paid monthly $24.95 year one/$19.95 year two/and $29.95 this year. Most any providers, DirecTV included, will give you a better price or credits to off set so you don’t cancel your service.
Closed Thread

Tags
comcast, directv, opinions, minimum, customer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.