Disappearing Posts?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Veteran member
Default Disappearing Posts?

Has anyone ever made a post and then and a few minutes later....it vanished? That just happened to post I made this morning. Glad it wasn't lengthy. This isn't the only time that's happened. Curious.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 11-22-2007, 04:31 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Disappearing Posts?

The Talk Hosts reserve the right to remove posts that appear to be commercial advertising or against the TOTV guidelines. I posted a link to one of the TOTV rivals by accident and they removed it - but they did send me a note telling me why.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman
The Talk Hosts reserve the right to remove posts that appear to be commercial advertising or against the TOTV guidelines. I posted a link to one of the TOTV rivals by accident and they removed it - but they did send me a note telling me why.
TOTV Administrators are pretty good about not removing posts that are borderline. Unlike some of the other message boards I have used which seem more like the painting canvas of the Administrators rather than a collective canvas of the various posters. Just using a metaphor. Simile? I get those two confused at times. :dontknow:
Old 11-23-2007, 01:56 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ
Has anyone ever made a post and then and a few minutes later....it vanished? That just happened to post I made this morning. Glad it wasn't lengthy. This isn't the only time that's happened. Curious.
John,

I can tell you that I was on my motorcycle between Boynton Beach and The Villages today so, I know that I didn't remove anything. Usually Tony, Darrel and I talk before we remove a post, although each of us has the administrative power to do so. I cannot imagine for a minute that you posted anything that would have been so offense that we pulled it. I'll check with the others.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Administrator

John,

Nobody removed it. I checked the forum logs and it does not show any posts being removed by any of the three of us.

I have mistakenly "deleted" my own posts by not clicking the "Post" button after I wrote the post. Instead I had clicked another link, like the topic link at the top. That effectively deleted my post.

Is there a chance you did that?

Old 11-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer BeBack
I thought it had happened to me when I responded to a question about real estate market analysis. I tend to only read the forum that is under the general TV discussion and assumed I was responding there. I later found that the post had been moved to the real estate section of the forum.
John explained it above. He responded to a post that was in another category and did not notice it. I have done the same thing and it drives me crazy until I figure out what I did wrong.

I try to check and see what category the post was in before I respond these days.ow.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Veteran member

Z, thanks. I think you're correct. An episode of neuroflatulence on my part. Sorry for the trouble guys.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 11-23-2007, 11:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member

it's hell gettin old
Old 11-24-2007, 12:07 AM
Veteran member

Hey golfnut, I'm not even retired yet. Today, while at work, duriing a phone call with my much better looking half, I learned that I left the water running in the bathroom sink. Then, this afternoon, I forgot to remove my ATM card from the damn machine....and it ate it (no kidding....just ask Patty). Has anyone tried Ginko Biloba to improve memory? I got some of that stuff once.....but I kept forgetting to take it. Absent minded professor....should be a proverb.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 11-24-2007, 01:18 AM

JohnZ, I know for my own missing posts I have found or realized at the last minute that I have typed my comments and then automatically hit the "enter" key and not the "post".
It irritates the :edit: out of me!
Old 11-28-2007, 01:42 AM
Veteran member

I've had this happen a few times before and assumed I did something wrong. Today, I posted a reply to the Mardi Gras thread and I did not do anything wrong and it did not appear. I definitely hit post and a few minutes later, checked on it and it was not there. A mystery or a bug?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.