Do not call list

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2018, 06:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts

I don't have all the answers, but all incoming calls come through a phone provider who is regulated by the Government. It seems to me that the information that appears on caller ID could be required to show the correct caller's information, not some bogus made up number to trick people into thinking the call is from someone else. Technology could prevent this. It doesn't seem right that a telemarketer can cause my phone to ring anytime they want it to. Everyone I know has received these nuisance calls. Yes, they make money, but they may need to inconvenience a thousand people to make one sale.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Do not call list!!! what a joke. Telemarketers buy blocks of numbers you block one and the next 500 to 1000. Just picks it up. Google the number that robo call and you'll see what I found.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

"Do not call" relies on actual people dialing your number, to "not" dial your number. Robocalls are dialed by a computer and switched to an actual person only if the person answering the call meets a certain criteria. That's why often, when you pick up the phone, you hear a strange "blip" sound, and THEN either someone starts talking, or an automated voice starts talking. That blip - is the robocall machine switching you to the person or voice-operated system that is about to try and scam you. The Do Not Call system only works for specific lists. If they're not getting your phone number from one of those lists, then the Do Not Call rules simply don't apply.
Closed Thread

Tags
call, list, time, line, stop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.