First home showing in Ohio

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default First home showing in Ohio

We listed the house last week and got the call and the follow up email that our house was to be shown between 11:30 and 1:00 today. We started Friday with a meticulous cleaning on top of all of the cleaning we had done. But we put a shine on everything again and ran the sweeper again on the close to 3500 square feet of carpeting. I washed and rewaxed all of the hardwood floors and we had put harnesses and leashes on the kitties. And anyone who had cats can tell you that the last thing you do if cats own you and you are having company is that you damp sponge and vacuum all upholstered surfaces ...which I did this morning. I shined the granite, lit all of the lights. Turned the air condition on full blast, we are having a 90 degree day here in Cincinnati. AND as a final staging touch, I left some iced tea in my favorite pitcher on the screen porch.

Helene had captured the kitties in a smaller room and I turned on the air in the car and carried the protesting kitties to the cage inside and we pulled into the next door neighbors drive.

And waited to see who would look at our house. The roses are blooming..check. The bare spaces in the grass had been seeded and are filling in nicely, check. The bushes are all trimmed, check, I oiled the wrought iron gazebo so it shined, check. We waited and waited some more. The cats are madder than ...cats should be, and one of them had an upset stomach in the closed car in the heat...........even with the air on. We have all four litter boxes in the van too. WHAT fun. We continue to wait.

Guess what? No one came.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Sage

OMG, so much work and no one showed? Cripes!

The kitties are going to be on the lookout next time they have to be corralled and moved. I'm sure they're already plotting their revenge, Gracie...be aware...
The Villages Florida
Old 05-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Oh Gracie I felt as though I was in the car with you peering out the windows waiting. Selling a home is a full time job and the no shows are infuriating. On the up side I just took a tour of the Seabrook and WOW it's a beautiful spacious home; you are going to love it if you decide on that model. Another premier home's (I don't remember the model) open house was canceled; the home sold immediately. Hurry on down and enjoy the good life.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Sage
Smile Been there, done that....too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We listed the house last week and got the call and the follow up email that our house was to be shown between 11:30 and 1:00 today. We started Friday with a meticulous cleaning on top of all of the cleaning we had done. But we put a shine on everything again and ran the sweeper again on the close to 3500 square feet of carpeting. I washed and rewaxed all of the hardwood floors and we had put harnesses and leashes on the kitties. And anyone who had cats can tell you that the last thing you do if cats own you and you are having company is that you damp sponge and vacuum all upholstered surfaces ...which I did this morning. I shined the granite, lit all of the lights. Turned the air condition on full blast, we are having a 90 degree day here in Cincinnati. AND as a final staging touch, I left some iced tea in my favorite pitcher on the screen porch.

Helene had captured the kitties in a smaller room and I turned on the air in the car and carried the protesting kitties to the cage inside and we pulled into the next door neighbors drive.

And waited to see who would look at our house. The roses are blooming..check. The bare spaces in the grass had been seeded and are filling in nicely, check. The bushes are all trimmed, check, I oiled the wrought iron gazebo so it shined, check. We waited and waited some more. The cats are madder than ...cats should be, and one of them had an upset stomach in the closed car in the heat...........even with the air on. We have all four litter boxes in the van too. WHAT fun. We continue to wait.

Guess what? No one came.
Having done this routine far too many times, I would recommend loading the kitties and family into the minivan and heading to TV now, while the place is spotless and sparkling!
Old 05-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts
Default Hi GG

Miss you "round" here......Felt your pain and, as sooooo many TOTV'rs, "been there, done that".....Maybe you will luck out and after price increase (Yes, you read that right) a walk-in after listing runs out (Can you believe that), you will have the same luck that we did and SELL, making $50,000 more than original price!!!!!Yea!...Oh happy days, are here again!....I can remember hibernating in the car with our "weiner" dog, watching the prospective buyers troop thru, time after time! Keeping a home "sterile" and welcoming is a chore...And then after the "fresh baked cookies in the oven", many bottles of Febreze used, many many trips with the vacuum, cleaning the pool, scraping the front path, and then low and behold, we sell our home to a CEO who was just driving thru the neighborhood.....You never know when you win the lottery!....Of course our lottery ticket was The Villages.....Yea!
Old 05-29-2011, 02:27 PM
Sage
Smile That's right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
....You never know when you win the lottery!....Of course our lottery ticket was The Villages.....Yea!
Now THAT is a great definition of winning the lottery! The huge variety of interesting people here from so many different places truly is like hitting the lottery.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:34 PM

Oh the joys of selling a home! I feel your pain Grace and it seems like yesterday we were doing the exact same thing. I hope your agent gives the other agent an earful. Not coming is one thing, but no phone call to cancel?????

I also think you should pack up and come down here. Hire someone to keep the place clean and have your agent call you when it is sold!
Old 05-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Veteran member

Gracie,
At least you have a full pitcher of ice tea waiting for you to enjoy. Sit back and put your feet up. After them not showing up, you wouldn't want those folks buying it anyway!
PS...I see a sold sign being put up in the near future.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default oh now that IS just sad...

I feel your pain Gracie....wishing you a buyer soon.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:10 PM

Oh, Gracie, I'm so sorry to hear about your "no show". Ours has been on the market for just over two weeks and so far, everyone has come, but no offers yet. I guess this is all part of the "new market conditions" now. The buyer sure does have the upper hand. Our lot awaits in Sanibel and your new home awaits in ???? (not sure if you've decided yet). I know you're a positive thinker so keep that going!!!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzjay View Post
Oh, Gracie, I'm so sorry to hear about your "no show". Ours has been on the market for just over two weeks and so far, everyone has come, but no offers yet. I guess this is all part of the "new market conditions" now. The buyer sure does have the upper hand. Our lot awaits in Sanibel and your new home awaits in ???? (not sure if you've decided yet). I know you're a positive thinker so keep that going!!!
You may know that for three years we have had a home in Hadley but some persuasive folks read on this forum that our plan was to sell both houses, here and there and build a little different and slightly bigger one when we moved here full time. We kept saying we weren't quite ready to sell and they kept giving us reasons why we should and finally we said yes. We are coming down to TV and closing on June 23rd and have to turn in our I.D's. We are renting for a while to see what is available and hope our Cincy house sells.

This is an adventure, I keep telling myself.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Default We know how you feel!

Our home here in Michigan has been on the market just 2 weeks - a couple of offers which we found to be insultingly low (come on - make a REASONABLE offer! ). We, too, load up the kitties (all 4 of them) and their litter every time there is a showing and drive around town for the 1 1/2 hours or so. The kits are getting to be better about this but in the middle of summer I can't see this being a lot of fun...

We have learned two things, though, first, do NOT feed our Pippin just before taking him in the car and next, ALWAYS take the litter box with us, no matter how short a time we think we will be in the car! You can just guess what happened whe we broke those rules!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Sage

Sorry to hear of the no-show, gracie. If it was someone through your realtor, go get a different agent. Most irritating, eh?

Still keeping our fingers crossed for you.

Bill
Old 05-29-2011, 07:40 PM

Oh, Gracie, good luck with selling your home. I'm sure it's absolutely beautiful and spotless. I hope an offer comes very soon so you can get on with your new home search in TV.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:50 PM
Veteran member

I feel your pain Gracie. I was up until 2am last Thursday night doing everything I could think of in the hosue to make the best impression for our first showing only to have the person cancel the next morning.

Our second first showing is Wednesdy at 5:30pm. Hope this one shows!

Good luck to you.

Dirigo and the lovely Diane.

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.