Dr, Fauci states that a nationwide mask mandate may be needed

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2020, 06:08 AM
Default Should have been done in March

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Up front, would like to say if any of you do want want to read another mask thread, please feel free not to read any further...............

Not enough Americans are heading the advice of the experts to wear a mask when in public. Dr. Fauci weighs in on this divisive virus mitigation........

Fauci Says Nationwide Face Mask Rule May Be Needed
I'm a retired physician. I was shocked when masks were not recommended early. The CDC and WHO were so worried about the N95 type the forgot the masses. What real epidemic or even movie or tv show doesn't have people wearing masks with there is a viral contagion? It's a major reason China was able to limit or contain, not withstanding their other laws or rules. We say recommended or requested when we need to say DO IT.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratogaman View Post
Wearing a mask is such a simple, cheap way to reduce the spread of new infections. We may be carrying the virus without knowing it. As for "freedom," do any of us have the "right" to infect others?
Does anyone have the right to force someone else to wear a mask? (no).

Worried about infection? Stay home already.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:10 AM
Default Interesting

We are Brits and therefore have not been able to visit our house in TV all year.
A friend of mine was in the anti mask camp. I’m the other way.
He went out with another non mask wearer who later tested positive.
My friend caught Covid and after a few days in hospital told nurses how stupid he thought he had been not wearing a mask.
Unfortunately due to restrictions I am unable to attend his funeral. The guy he went out with is distraught.
I just hope no other non mask wearers go through the same.
A wife, three kids and a bunch of grandkids left behind.
I don’t know if he died because he didn’t wear a mask but he believed he got Covid as a result.
This virus doesn’t respect your politics or your views and freedoms. It attacks anybody it can latch on to.
Your choice.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Damnitdamnitdamnitdamnitdamnit

I kept saying if the pseudo-patriotic anti-maskers did not get a grip on reality and at least try to use all we've got, they would end up screwing up the economy -- even more -- with their contrary thinking and acting.

We have made no progress. Things are getting worse, not only with the virus, but for regular people's economic lives. And as of this week, the market is taking notice and taking a hit.

DamnitdamnitdamnitdamnitDAMNIT!
You can't get "herd immunity" without infecting the herd. Take OFF your mask and go about your life. If you're worried about other people living free without a mask - then stay home.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post

Why does someone else have the right to tell me to wear a seatbelt ? There is an example where I don't don't impact others but myself. And if you argue about it has an impact to health insurance if I get hurt by not wearing a seatbelt the same logic need apply to masks. If you get hospitalized for covid you are having the same type impact on health insurance as the seatbelt example.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:18 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

Health is probably the most important thing in life, I choose to do everything scientists say will help.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratogaman View Post
Wearing a mask is such a simple, cheap way to reduce the spread of new infections. We may be carrying the virus without knowing it. As for "freedom," do any of us have the "right" to infect others?
As a non-mask wearer myself except when/where required by an establishment to gain entry and purchase goods, let's agree on this: You wear a mask so you don't get infected while also not infecting me.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:21 AM

Quote:

Public health law historically has had the power to enforce extreme measures for the containment of infectious disease. Rights mean zip to a virus. Your decision to refuse to act for the good of the nation Is a self centered negation of the rights of those around you to avoid increased risk of illness and death. Which right is more important? Obviously, only your rights matter to you, screw the rest of the nation.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrmauu View Post
We could eliminate MANY more deaths by all hiding in our basements with a mask on 24/7. We can also eliminate many deaths by reducing the speed limit on all roads to 5 mph. It’s called taking a calculated risk, it’s called living life.
Hope you don't have to live your life on a respirator. Good luck to you.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Drugs are the only way out of this.
Agree but we have to do SOMETHING in the meantime. Wearing a mask, social distancing and continue to live life is on my bucket list until we develop herd immunity safely with a vaccine.

Why do some people feel that life can not be lived when wearing a mask and social distancing? Of course it can. Granted, life is altered but we should be able to deal with it. I'm looking forward to the day I can set foot on a cruise ship and not have to worry about Covid.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:37 AM

It is a virus people. Do you really think that by everyone wearing a mask it will then just go away? Are you going to stop international travel? You're just putting off the inevitable. It goes away when everyone's immune system has the ability to fight it off.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:37 AM

Please good neighbors wear your mask, it’s wise, the experts are telling us to wear them so please listen. It’s really not difficult and it protects all
Old 10-29-2020, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Drugs are the only way out of this.
Sounds good to me. I'm off to the pot store.........
Old 10-29-2020, 06:44 AM
Sage

Quote:

I've said this before in another thread......staying home is NOT the answer. Folks want to "get out there and live their lives". Staying home will not help our economy to prosper. Our economy needs everyone's support. Please don't ask people to "stay home". That is not going to solve anything from an economical standpoint.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:46 AM
Sage

Quote:

Does anyone have the right to force someone to wear clothing to cover up their genitals when out in public? I think there are laws to that effect. Mandating masks by the government will need a law so "yes", it can be done.

Tags
mask, fauci, read, americans, heading

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.