Drive, Pitch and Putt

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2019, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default Drive, Pitch and Putt

I love watching this competition every year. I've been to Augusta National a few times and it is a truly magical place.

To see these young people have the opportunity to compete at this venue and to be able to putt on the eighteenth green. Does my heart good.

One thing that I would change is the drive portion of the competition. There can be a big difference in size of these kids in these age groups. I see one girl in the 12-13 year old group that appears to be about 5'6" and looks like an adult. Another looks to be about 4'8" and her appearance is that of a little kid. Kids that have simply hit their growth spurt earlier than others start out with a big advantage in the driving competition. perhaps they might think about a 135 yard iron shot instead of longest drive.

I do realize that the drive has to be in the grid, but distance is a huge advantage.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
drive, competition, kids, advantage, big

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.