Driving with Marijuana in your blood

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,178 Times in 834 Posts
Default Driving with Marijuana in your blood

How much risk is presented to the public by having a person behind the wheel who tests positive for THC (the active drug in weed) in his blood?

The most comprehensive study to date has now been released.

Read this link Washington Post

And the conclusion by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration as detailed in the study:

Quote:
drivers who tested positive for marijuana were no more likely to crash than who had not used any drugs or alcohol prior to driving.
The key point worth emphasizing is that the blood test is meaningless as it does not indicate to what degree if any the driver was impaired. It is absolutely certain that someone actively stoned is not a safe driver but some other mechanism of determining impairment needs to be used.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:51 PM
Gold member

Well the person who made that quote must drive stoned a lot...if the driver is indeed stoned and not just registering weed in their system(which can remain for many days)then they are indeed impaired and should not be driving...I know
Old 02-10-2015, 07:51 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

No risk from me. After smoking grass I can't find my golf cart or car.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
No risk from me. After smoking grass I can't find my golf cart or car.
Someone told me (I won't mention Ellen's name) that you studied for your last blood test for 5 days.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
Well the person who made that quote must drive stoned a lot...if the driver is indeed stoned and not just registering weed in their system(which can remain for many days)then they are indeed impaired and should not be driving...I know
The difference between a drunk and a pothead at a stop sign is the drunk guy runs it and the stoner waits for it to turn green.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:29 PM
Gold member

Pot is classified in the same schedule of federally controlled substances as heroin, LSD, and ecstasy for a reason: it is mind altering, "has no currently accepted medical use", and it IMPAIRS people in their cognitive and physical functioning!

From the D.E.A.:

"Drugs, substances, and certain chemicals used to make drugs are classified into five (5) distinct categories or schedules depending upon the drug’s acceptable medical use and the drug’s abuse or dependency potential.

The abuse rate is a determinate factor in the scheduling of the drug; for example, Schedule I drugs are considered the most dangerous class of drugs with a high potential for abuse and potentially severe psychological and/or physical dependence…...

Schedule I

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Schedule I drugs are the most dangerous drugs of all the drug schedules with potentially severe psychological or physical dependence. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are:

heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), marijuana (cannabis), 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote

Schedule II

Schedule II drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a high potential for abuse, less abuse potential than Schedule I drugs, with use potentially leading to severe psychological or physical dependence. These drugs are also considered dangerous. Some examples of Schedule II drugs are:

cocaine, methamphetamine, methadone, hydromorphone (Dilaudid), meperidine (Demerol), oxycodone (OxyContin), fentanyl, Dexedrine, Adderall, and Ritalin……..

DEA / Drug Scheduling
Old 02-10-2015, 09:43 PM
Gold member
Default Yeah well now you're just quoting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
Pot is classified in the same schedule of federally controlled substances as heroin, LSD, and ecstasy for a reason: it is mind altering, "has no currently accepted medical use", and it IMPAIRS people in their cognitive and physical functioning!

From the D.E.A.:

"Drugs, substances, and certain chemicals used to make drugs are classified into five (5) distinct categories or schedules depending upon the drug’s acceptable medical use and the drug’s abuse or dependency potential.

The abuse rate is a determinate factor in the scheduling of the drug; for example, Schedule I drugs are considered the most dangerous class of drugs with a high potential for abuse and potentially severe psychological and/or physical dependence…...

Schedule I

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Schedule I drugs are the most dangerous drugs of all the drug schedules with potentially severe psychological or physical dependence. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are:

heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), marijuana (cannabis), 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote

Schedule II

Schedule II drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a high potential for abuse, less abuse potential than Schedule I drugs, with use potentially leading to severe psychological or physical dependence. These drugs are also considered dangerous. Some examples of Schedule II drugs are:

cocaine, methamphetamine, methadone, hydromorphone (Dilaudid), meperidine (Demerol), oxycodone (OxyContin), fentanyl, Dexedrine, Adderall, and Ritalin……..

DEA / Drug Scheduling
jibberish from the far right circa 1960's....I'm against pot legalization because I know how it works and how a whole generation of smokers are utilizing the medical pot to get a buzz....there are medical uses which are foolish to ignore and people who have life threatening illnesses who do get a benefit from taking it....as for mind altering....so are cigarettes, alcohol and chocolate.

Please don't quote from the paranoia brigade as there are logical reasons not to legalize it...then again I think alcohol is pretty useless and yet I love my beer....
Old 02-10-2015, 09:46 PM
Veteran member

These
old DEA quotes are so far off it is just plain funny. Reefer madness is alive and well in one poster for sure.

Last edited by rp001; 02-10-2015 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Didn't match referenced post
Old 02-10-2015, 10:00 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
The difference between a drunk and a pothead at a stop sign is the drunk guy runs it and the stoner waits for it to turn green.
That is funny!!
Old 02-10-2015, 10:06 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp001 View Post
These
old DEA quotes are so far off it is just plain funny. Reefer madness is alive and well in one poster for sure.
Further proof that stoners don't see how impaired and useless they've become.

Sober people see it. Stoners don't see it.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
And then looks for a munchie.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

///

Last edited by John_W; 02-25-2015 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:28 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Someone told me (I wonerr ver't mention Ellen's name) that you studied for your last blood test for 5 days.
And I still failed. Those dang stop signs never change from red to green either.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:41 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Old 02-11-2015, 05:15 AM
Veteran member

I read somewhere the TV was pot free
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.