Driving with Marijuana in your blood

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2015, 02:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
Here's one of many How-To guides on how to milk the system.

"Addicted? American? Broke? This might help:"

"If you are actively or recently addicted, live in the U.S., and are low on funds, this may be of use. I see it as getting the most out of the “disease model”.Thanks to Ram Meyyappan for offering to post this to our community.

Drug Addiction and Social Security Disability Benefits

Drug addiction can wreak havoc on an individual’s life and can often prevent an individual from working. What many people do not understand is that drug addiction is actually considered to be a disability by the Social Security Administration (SSA). If you are struggling with drug addiction or drug addiction recovery, you may be able to qualify for Social Security Disability benefits.

Qualifying for Social Security Disability Benefits with a Drug Addiction

It is important to note that even though the side effects of drug abuse can prevent an individual from performing gainful work activity, addiction alone is not enough to qualify a person for Social Security Disability benefits. If, however, the addiction results in other medical conditions, you can qualify for disability benefits due to the resulting conditions……"
Addicted? American? Broke? This might help… | Memoirs of an Addicted Brain
And if you read the link on the website you provide for more information on qualifying for disability payments you are sent to

How to Apply for Disability Benefits with Drug Addiction
Note carefully where it says that if drugs cause your disability, NO MONEY. Might there be some unscrupulous doctors or lawyer who will misinform the government, sure.

"It is not possible at this point in time to receive Social Security Disability benefits based solely on Drug Addiction. The Social Security Administration (SSA) will not grant disability benefits to people with disabilities that have been caused or worsened by addiction.

If Drug Addiction is deemed immaterial to your disability, it is possible that the SSA will grant your disability claim. If, however, the SSA finds that your addiction materially affects your disability, it will not grant your application for disability benefits."

The correct information if I am reading regulations correctly is that if an addiction is the cause of your illness and stopping the use of the substance would make you no longer disabled then NO MONEY, however if you remain disabled even if off drugs then you are covered. An alcoholic who drunk crashes her car and becomes paraplegic is still eligible even though the addiction caused the disability, getting sober won't make her walk again.
Code of Federal Regulations § 416.935

Quote:
If you are actively or recently addicted, live in the U.S., and are low on funds,
and
Quote:
drug addiction is actually considered to be a disability by the Social Security Administration
which you present as a way for drug addicts to live off the government is bogus.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
On a leisurely golf cart drive any afternoon or evening, has anyone ever noticed how many skunks we have here in the Villages? Skunkweed...pot that smells like skunk odor. And I have no idea how or why.
I smell that at Churchill Rec center while playing pickle ball. I've been skunked more than once on those courts, too.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
No, I'm sorry for my old hippie friends and relatives whose brains are fried and are useless and can't work and draw SSI and Disability Medicare in their 40s and 50s.

It would be nice if they were able to be productive and pay INTO the system for another 20 years, as it has a seriously shrinking number of payers per recipients.
Where in the heck did you grow up, anyway.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Further proof that stoners don't see how impaired and useless they've become.

Sober people see it. Stoners don't see it.
They really hit bottom when the start drinking
Old 02-11-2015, 04:50 PM
Email Reported As Spam

We have been down this road so many times concerning marijuana that it is just a waste of time because stoners will always be stoners and stoners like all addicts can't or won't admit the truth.

What I find sad is that profiteers are succeeding in their pitch to legalize marijuana. It is just immoral and irresponsible for people readily agree to a drug that offers no benefit to the masses but can and does extreme harm . Ican't imagine a parent going along with their kids smoking pot

Perhaps i am the only person in the world who hasn't smoked it. Heck I couldn't recognize the so call skunk smell people address here. I didn't do drugs for the same reason I stopped smoking cigarettes in 1973 for my health and that of my family and neighbors and to set good example for my children. I have far to much respect for myself and my body to fill it with junk
Old 02-11-2015, 05:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
We have been down this road so many times concerning marijuana that it is just a waste of time because stoners will always be stoners and stoners like all addicts can't or won't admit the truth.

What I find sad is that profiteers are succeeding in their pitch to legalize marijuana. It is just immoral and irresponsible for people readily agree to a drug that offers no benefit to the masses but can and does extreme harm . Ican't imagine a parent going along with their kids smoking pot

Perhaps i am the only person in the world who hasn't smoked it. Heck I couldn't recognize the so call skunk smell people address here. I didn't do drugs for the same reason I stopped smoking cigarettes in 1973 for my health and that of my family and neighbors and to set good example for my children. I have far to much respect for myself and my body to fill it with junk
Offers no benefit to the masses but does extreme harm... Sounds like alcohol.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Offers no benefit to the masses but does extreme harm... Sounds like alcohol.
Hi CFrance: I agree that is why I never drnk much even as a youngster. today i have a small glass of wine with my meals. Once and a while a beer but no hard liquor and i never never out a drink when I go out to dinner

Personal Best Regards:
Old 02-11-2015, 06:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool Sharing

I thought I would share an experience from back in the 80's. There is a town which is quite a bit north of San Francisco and it is Guerneville. At the time it was and maybe still is a leader in marijuana both in growth and usage. Today probably usage as others have taken over growth. The whole town was a pot center. When the California authorities put up a sign on the main highway as to turn to go into Guerneville the citizens would tear it down as fast as it was put up. At Thanksgiving they had a very large warehouse and held an open dinner for all who wanted to attend. The whole town was "high". I went into a Bakery to buy a roll and coffee. The owner told me to go ahead and take what I wanted and welcome to his town. Of course there was no charge. All actually seemed high and were happy.Being a leading marijuana center in California is really saying something. It would be interesting where are those same people today? Most in those days would not know that Guerneville was there as there were no road signs telling it's location. I continue to remain strongly against pot but still remember the wild town that smelled of pot and was not tied to charging for products.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I thought I would share an experience from back in the 80's. There is a town which is quite a bit north of San Francisco and it is Guerneville. At the time it was and maybe still is a leader in marijuana both in growth and usage. Today probably usage as others have taken over growth. The whole town was a pot center. When the California authorities put up a sign on the main highway as to turn to go into Guerneville the citizens would tear it down as fast as it was put up. At Thanksgiving they had a very large warehouse and held an open dinner for all who wanted to attend. The whole town was "high". I went into a Bakery to buy a roll and coffee. The owner told me to go ahead and take what I wanted and welcome to his town. Of course there was no charge. All actually seemed high and were happy.Being a leading marijuana center in California is really saying something. It would be interesting where are those same people today? Most in those days would not know that Guerneville was there as there were no road signs telling it's location. I continue to remain strongly against pot but still remember the wild town that smelled of pot and was not tied to charging for products.
Please send driving directions.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I thought you were going to talk about Ojai California at first.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Hi CFrance: I agree that is why I never drnk much even as a youngster. today i have a small glass of wine with my meals. Once and a while a beer but no hard liquor and i never never out a drink when I go out to dinner

Personal Best Regards:
You have an honest right to your opinion, thanks. Your money is where your mouth is, as they say.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:23 AM
Veteran member

IMHO pot is not nearly as big of a problem as the booze. Both of my folks died indirectly from the drinking although the death certificate didn't say so. Recent news stated that 83% of Americans favored legalization of MJ. When I asked a classmate of mine from the class of '65 if he still smoked pot, he said he gave it up when it got over $10 a bag. Alcohol on the other hand has basically remained the same cost. When I quit 18 years ago a 1.5 liter of cheap vodka cost the same as it does today.....
Old 02-12-2015, 08:32 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I smell that at Churchill Rec center while playing pickle ball. I've been skunked more than once on those courts, too.
I've never smelled pot that burns and smells like skunk. New one on me. Just the regular grade.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,503 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Some people don't like to be around people who don't drink.

Some of my treasured, long time friends, get a little annoying after having tee many martoonies.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-12-2015 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
I've never smelled pot that burns and smells like skunk. New one on me. Just the regular grade.
It's called skunk weed and you have to drink some tomato juice as a chaser.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.