Driving to TV from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2007, 12:37 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Driving to TV from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

If you have AAA, they'll help you find pet-friendly hotels/motels. Another great site to check for specific areas as www.petswelcome.com. It has a great list of pet-friendly accommodations. I used it to travel with 3 cats from California to here.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-17-2007, 12:43 PM
Sage

Thanks for all the input, and for the good wishes. ;D You guys are great. I spent 3 hours with a map this morning trying to figure out our route .. We took I-75 last time from Canada. I'm thinking this time we will try 79/77 .. and I got lots of good ideas from this post on that. Of course "He Who Drives" will make the final decision.

I've never heard of Jameson Inns, I'll check them out. Even pet-friendly motels balk at two dogs .. our 70 lb dog is the size of a small pony. Luckily our small dog fits in a shoe box so we don't have to worry about him. (Just kidding pet lovers, I don't really carry him in a shoe box).

I am beyond excited trying to get ready for this trip. Only 5 days to go and we finally get to see our Villa for the very first time, (a resale which we bought sight unseen in April). Hope we like it!

:hot: :hot:

I've already "met" our next door neighbour on-line through TOTV .. what a great site! :bigthumbsup:

Old 10-17-2007, 05:54 PM

hey barefoot

My husband and I used the 79/77 route coming down to TV from Toronto last week and the trip went very well. We have taken the I-75 route many times also and both are good. Let me know if you have any questions and I will be glad to answer if I can. Sorry do not have dog so can not help you with pet friendly hotels.

I just got hooked up to the internet today and I am really looking forward to catching up with all the info on talk of the villages. looking forward to meeting you here in TV

Have a great trip.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:22 PM

Hi Barefoot, have to tell you what a small world TV can be. We went golfing and then lunch with friends of ours today. During lunch I was telling Linda and Bob, who are from Prince Edward Island, about this couple on TOTV that purchased a CYV sight on seen in Belvedere. I couldn't believe it when Linda said it was her and I think the lady's name was Heather, that checked out your new home for you prior to your purchasing it!

Good Luck with your new villa and
Old 10-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Sage

Happy Villager ... What a hoot, of course it was Linda and Heather that saw my Villa!! It is truly a small world. I haven't met Linda and Bob in person yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

I even met my next door neighbour on line through TOTV, I haven't met her in person yet, but she is really great.

Mom2five - you're in TV already .. good for you. I'll be there next week. See you then!

Old 10-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Veteran member

HAVE A SAFE TRIP BAREFOOT AND FAMILY!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:31 AM

Barefoot & Family, Have a safe trip. We will be down next week, Wednesday. Maybe we will run into you at town square.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member

barefoot, we always take I 75, no problems. Have a safe trip we'll keep an eye out for you, our friends live on the same street you do, I'll watch for the Ontario plates or you pm me your address.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Sage

Thank you everyone for the advice and good wishes. I really appreciate it. :bigthumbsup:

Golfnut, I've PM'ed you our address twice. Or you can look for our house sign:
Barefoot At Last on the post.

We've decided to take 79/77 this time as we took I-75 last time. We've booked a Red Roof Hotel in Statesville, N.C., I'm hoping that is half-way. They seem quite pet friendly - no charge for pets. I've found some hotels that advertise themselves as pet friendly actually charge $75 per dog per night!!! That is nutty.

See y'all soon. Wish I could bottle some of this excitement for later!! :hot: :hot:
Old 10-18-2007, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
Happy Villager ... What a hoot, of course it was Linda and Heather that saw my Villa!! It is truly a small world. I haven't met Linda and Bob in person yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

I even met my next door neighbour on line through TOTV, I haven't met her in person yet, but she is really great.

Mom2five - you're in TV already .. good for you. I'll be there next week. See you then!

What A Hoot that's one of Linda's favorite comments. Is that a Canadian thing?
Old 10-18-2007, 08:21 PM

re What a Hoot. It may be Canadian also, but it is definitely southern.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:23 PM

AS FOR PET FRIENDLY ACCOMADATIONS. WE HAVE ALWASY FOUND THE BEST WESTERNS TO BE PET FRIENDLY W/ OUT QUESTIONS SOME OF THEM CHARGE A SMALL FEE. BUT FOR THE MOST PART THEY ARE PRETTY GOOD.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Sage

Thanks again for the good wishes and all the great information on routes and hotels. ;D
I'm not sure if the expression "What a hoot" is Canadian, I wasn't even aware I said it! Probably comes from the time I lived in the wild with wolves. No, that wasn't me, that was a book I read.

Today is my last stab at packing for the next six months, bringing both summer and winter clothes. And doing the myriad of details that always crop up at the last minute.
We are hoping to pack the car tonight and pull out of the driveway 5 am tomorrow; and be in TV Tuesday night. Brutus and Biggin have their dog bowls packed and are waiting in the driveway; they understand what packing suitcases means, and they're determined not to stay behind.

It's a great feeling to be driving to TV as home owners (nevermind we haven't seen our new home yet, everyone should have a few surprises in life).

See y'all shortly.
:hot: :hot:
Barefoot

Old 10-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Sage

Barefoot...well, your departure date has finally arrived; Have a safe journey down here; Must be exciting to have 6 months of beautiful Florida weather and Villages living ahead of you. Now, you've got to make a vow to stay connected to TOTV once you get here. Seems like some folks fall off the board once they arrive....must be all the house fix up chores and fun they are having.

See you at Brusters on Nov 2!!! 8)
Old 10-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Sage

Villages 07 ..... I've noticed myself that people disappear off the board. :dontknow: Even the most avid posters reach TV and their new homes, and it's like they fall into an abyss, and are never heard from again.

As you know, we have to totally furnish our Villa, so our life will be Walmart, garage sales and Bargains and Treasures for a while. Then, in desperation, we'll probably go to Southern Lifestyles and order everything.

However I do plan to continue my love affair with TOTV, once I get hooked up to cable and buy a computer. I've had so much fun on the site, and met such great people.

See you at Brusters for sure! ;D ;D
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.