E.Coli

Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Default E.Coli

With all the reports on E. Coli I wonder if this is all due to poor quality control or a threat?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: E.Coli

I once had a cup of coffee that made me sick. My stomach hurt, I "went" frequently, and literally felt like :edit: for most of that day. Next day, I saw the fire hydrants were open, the little shop where I bought my coffee was using bottled water, and the newspapers reported an E.coli presence in the local water system.
While I know there are serious e.coli cases, I'd bet the vast majority get folks a little sick, and it's gone the next day. I oftened wondered how many times I'd had a 1-day stomach bug that was really from e.coli.
I'd guess that there is really no threat being executed here as the e.coli isn't a really deadly enough means. Granted it can be devastating, but I can't imagine a terror threat built around giving everyone the runs for a day.
I think we're dealing with poor sanitary practices and increasing vigilence coupled with the ability to isolate the cause of some kind of outbreak. Years ago, if pockets of sickness spread there was probably no way to correlate it back to a single source.
Thant's my 2 cents.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.