El Chapo

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2019, 01:57 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts
Default El Chapo

Bye, Bye.

Old 02-12-2019, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Bye, Bye.

I hope no harm comes to the jury. That P.O.S. is very powerful.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

I'm glad he was convicted, but he will just be replaced by someone else, and how much did it cost? Fighting illegal drugs is a huge waste of taxpayer money.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I'm glad he was convicted, but he will just be replaced by someone else, and how much did it cost? Fighting illegal drugs is a huge waste of taxpayer money.
I wish I knew the answer. Do you?
Old 02-12-2019, 02:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I wish I knew the answer. Do you?
They say $50 million just for trial, but we will never really know what they spent.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:37 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Legalize all drugs and tax them. Use the tax to help those that misuse them. Right now criminals are getting rich off our foolish approach to control. There is no drug more damaging than alcohol and it is managed.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
Legalize all drugs and tax them. Use the tax to help those that misuse them. Right now criminals are getting rich off our foolish approach to control. There is no drug more damaging than alcohol and it is managed.
I agree but the process is slow. Alcohol was first, now medical MJ and soon recreational MJ. The sin taxes can go a long away to fixing other problems. Society accepts sin taxes because they affect only those who use sin taxed products or engage in sin taxed behaviors.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-12-2019, 05:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

Why are we feeding And housing him. He should of been excited decade ago. Now he’s our problem to feed for rest of his life. Even if he get death penalty he will of old age in our liberal justice system which the only justice is lawyers collecting their welfare checks from the continuous appeals
Old 02-12-2019, 06:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
You can't be serious.

It doesn't matter what the cost is. From a retired LEO that fought illegal drugs and saw firsthand what the effects of its use was, you must be taking some illegal drugs to make that asinine statement.

Look at some of the pics of arrested people on the online news and you'll see the real effects of it.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,508 Posts

With all that money spent on the trial etc. there was no way he was going to be found not Guilty
He was going down for life, even if only convicted of driving with a broken tail light.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
You can't be serious.

It doesn't matter what the cost is. From a retired LEO that fought illegal drugs and saw firsthand what the effects of its use was, you must be taking some illegal drugs to make that asinine statement.

Look at some of the pics of arrested people on the online news and you'll see the real effects of it.
And of course, the exact same thing can be said of those...who use alcohol to excess.

Which must mean, to avoid being seen as hypocritical...you're an advocate for making alcohol illegal?

As for Chapo, the reporting I heard was that he was staring at the jury the whole time...but they were staring straight back at him.

While I admire their courage, I sure hope nothing happens to any of them...or their families/friends.

In extreme cases like this, where the accused is known for such violence and retribution...I think the jury should be shielded from view.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
You can't be serious.

I understand the effects of drugs, but the DEA has already reported that the guy has been replaced and his organization is still in business. I don't believe we can ever win the war on drugs. As others have said, drugs should be made legal and controlled by the Government. These drug enforcement efforts are just wasting taxpayer money and not solving the problem. How many times have you seen on television, tons of marijuana, heroin, and other drugs confiscated and touted as a victory, just to be replaced with tons more in the marketplace? How is that a victory?
Old 02-12-2019, 07:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
And of course, the exact same thing can be said of those...who use alcohol to excess.

Which must mean, to avoid being seen as hypocritical...you're an advocate for making alcohol illegal?

As for Chapo, the reporting I heard was that he was staring at the jury the whole time...but they were staring straight back at him.

While I admire their courage, I sure hope nothing happens to any of them...or their families/friends.

In extreme cases like this, where the accused is known for such violence and retribution...I think the jury should be shielded from view.
I don't drink or smoke so I don't care if both alcohol and tobacco were made illegal - bring it on......

I do pray for the safety of anyone that was responsible for bringing him to justice.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
I understand the effects of drugs, but the DEA has already reported that the guy has been replaced and his organization is still in business. I don't believe we can ever win the war on drugs. As others have said, drugs should be made legal and controlled by the Government. These drug enforcement efforts are just wasting taxpayer money and not solving the problem. How many times have you seen on television, tons of marijuana, heroin, and other drugs confiscated and touted as a victory, just to be replaced with tons more in the marketplace? How is that a victory?
It is a victory for the families of the victims that would have been impacted at that time by that shipment.

Are we supposed to give up the war on terrorism here in the US because we know it will happen again?
Old 02-12-2019, 08:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
I don't drink or smoke so I don't care if both alcohol and tobacco were made illegal - bring it on......

I do pray for the safety of anyone that was responsible for bringing him to justice.
So, how much taxpayer money should we allocate for the impossible effort to get people to stop drinking and smoking when it is made illegal?
Closed Thread

Tags
bye, chapo

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.