Electric Oven shuts off

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2021, 10:06 PM
Default Electric Oven shuts off

My Frigidaire electric oven shuts off after about 20 to30 minutes, I have replaced the sensor. Any suggestions.
Old 08-24-2021, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopper View Post
My Frigidaire electric oven shuts off after about 20 to30 minutes, I have replaced the sensor. Any suggestions.
Try an internet search on your model number and shutting off, with any luck you will get suitable replies and possibly some solutions. I do recall seeing a thread about 'calibrating' the temperature setting on some ranges, sorry I do not recall the details, but maybe yours is out of calibration and shutting down on high temperature?
Old 08-24-2021, 03:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,710 Times in 5,240 Posts

Place an oven thermometer in the oven and set the oven for 350 degrees. If the thermometer reads under or over 350, the oven needs to be calibrated. To calibrate, press and hold the bake button for 8 seconds, and use the up and down arrows to adjust the oven temperature 1 degree at a time until the oven setting and the thermometer reading are the same.
Old 08-24-2021, 03:13 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

I would start with the basic trouble shooting. Normally I would try direct 220 to each heating element, if that works check any safety switch (door). You have already done that, what you have If is a bad motherboard (control board). It is overheating. It is a remove and replace job. If you want to diagnose it at the component level and are not into the schematics, check for capacitors that are split (burst open) on the control board, usually those fail first.

The control boards are made under contract in China. Smaller capacitors and smaller heat sinks are used to save costs. The same sort of failure is common in LCD TVs as well.

Last edited by Toymeister; 08-24-2021 at 03:36 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
electric, shuts, oven, sensor, replaced

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.