Elon buys twitter, xfinity goes down?

Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2022, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
The muskrat now owns three businesses I have zero interest in. Will never drive a Tesla, use twitter, or go into space.
Hoping he'll buy the place, you're messaging on right now!
Old 04-30-2022, 10:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
But I appreciate musk as he's the Ford of our century. He is the Einstein of our century. Just think what he could do if he had unlimited money? Wait a minute I think he's doing it.

You got to love a person that actually puts his money where his mouth is.
He is actually said that he would take the office building in San Francisco that Twitter is in that is now empty and give it all over to the homeless of San Francisco.

Most of the 1% of the 1 percenters have actually been done giving some of their money away to do good in this world. Gates and his ex-wife have given several billion and musk is doing the same but since he's much younger I think he's keeping his money now so he can do even more later. I am a big reader of science fiction and it's incredible how much has come true in the last 10 or 20 years. Musk is the person you read about and ayn Rands foundation trilogy. They get things done through their Force of nature mentality and brilliance of mind. That's also not forget that his father like many others was an immigrant to this country and I appreciate the fact that musk is giving back creating plenty of jobs and paying lots of taxes just like the folks who invented Walmart, fedex, and Amazon. Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country. And also remember what's good for GM is good for the country you can substitute Elon musk in the last sentence. Yes I am in love with that man for everything he's done. Tens of thousands of people have internet because of him, the government has saved billions because his rocket ships are hundreds of millions of less to launch then ULA any truly believes that his solar power companies are good for the ecology as well as his cars
Sounds great except for a few things:

Bezos doesn't pay income tax. Neither does Elon Musk. The *country* gets nothing from their contributions. Only the targets of the charities get that, and the contributors get tax write-offs - thus depriving the government (we the people) of all those millions. The government would've saved billions anyway by not going into space.

Poor people can't afford Teslas. Most middle class people can't afford them either.

As for hiring - have you ever worked in an Amazon fulfillment center? I have. They're underpaid for the work they have to do under the conditions they have to work in, and they are almost all part-time, and most of them are seasonal (meaning - for just a few months during the Christmas rush). Musk's businesses don't hire counter clerks. The people who build those rockets and cars are not merely skilled, they're also specialized. Not everyone is capable of that kind of work, no matter how hard they try.

I don't like the idea of Musk owning Twitter, because that gives him access to everyone's personal data - which he can then use for marketing with his other businesses. Jack Dorsey didn't have other businesses that would benefit from having the entire database of hundreds of millions of consumers at his fingertips.
Old 05-01-2022, 03:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Sounds great except for a few things:

Bezos doesn't pay income tax. Neither does Elon Musk.
Musk is estimated to have paid between $8 and $15 billion last year. It may be the most in history.

Has Elon Musk Paid the “Most Taxes Ever in History"?
Old 05-01-2022, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,244 Times in 4,279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I don't like the idea of Musk owning Twitter, because that gives him access to everyone's personal data - which he can then use for marketing with his other businesses. Jack Dorsey didn't have other businesses that would benefit from having the entire database of hundreds of millions of consumers at his fingertips.
You are so uninformed, it's painful...

Twitter puts trillions of tweets up for sale to data miners | Twitter | The Guardian

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
twitter, xfinity, elon, breaks, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.