Emmys' Low Ratings

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2018, 11:20 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts
Default Emmys' Low Ratings

"Television's biggest night could end up with its smallest audience ever.

The 70th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards nabbed a 7.4 overnight rating for NBC. That number is down 10% from last year, which ended up tying for the lowest viewership in Emmy history. If the early numbers are any indication, then Monday's show could be a historic low when official viewership is released later on Tuesday.

The Emmys aren't alone when it comes to declining viewership. The Oscars and Grammys' numbers have also suffered in recent years.

Nielsen takes the percentage of households watching in 56 US markets and comes up with an overnight average. That means that 7.4% of households in these 56 markets tuned into the Emmys on Monday night. "

Have not watched for years..............seems like fewer and fewer people are watching.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:24 AM

Great! Lets keep the good news coming.....
Old 09-18-2018, 12:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

There are so many other viewing options available now that almost everything suffers except maybe the Superbowl and some other sporting events.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:43 PM

People are wising up and are tired of seeing smarter than everyone else celebs taking advantage of opportunities to get in front of a camera and spread their political agenda. I don't care which side you are on, accept your award, thank the proper people and go back to your seat. We can blame it on other viewing options if we want, but I know I'm at least one that does not watch any of those mentioned award shows any longer, and I suspect I am not alone.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:52 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,612 Times in 1,760 Posts

Well, I for one was occupied reading a good book. I could care less about celebrities such as actors and singers congratulating each other much less about their opinions on anything.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 09-18-2018, 01:35 PM
Platinum member

I could probably tell you why the ratings are so low, but that would be a violation of the "no politics" clause. Suffice to say the Country Music Awards show is doing fine.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Just goes to show what results can be expected when the so called celebs don't have a script to read/memorize, and a small army to make them look good and sound good in the part being played.

They need to go back to staying in their bubble world!!
Old 09-18-2018, 02:06 PM

Tina Fey could have done much better. Man her and her husband are a weird looking couple.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Just goes to show what results can be expected when the so called celebs don't have a script to read/memorize, and a small army to make them look good and sound good in the part being played.

They need to go back to staying in their bubble world!!
Some are very active in the real world engaging with people on social media and going out into their home town communities and asking them good questions. I have exchanged communications with many of them over the years since a few movie production trailers were located for years 300 feet from our Rohnert Park, CA home's back door. This house bordered a golf course. These trailers were at the Red Lion Inn back in the early 1990s. I used to walk my dog around these with the hope of chatting with some of these people. Which I did mostly about how to avoid the duck poop all over the golf greens.

Lots of films were made in the Sonoma, Marin and Napa Counties in Northern California in the 1990s. Many are still made around there.

And a lot of these celebrities had e-mail addresses. Now they are on Facebook.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 09-18-2018 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:43 PM
Platinum member

Maybe they should focus on awards. I don't give a rats azzzz about the political views, lousy corny jokes and idle fake chit chat.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
People are wising up and are tired of seeing smarter than everyone else celebs taking advantage of opportunities to get in front of a camera and spread their political agenda. I don't care which side you are on, accept your award, thank the proper people and go back to your seat. We can blame it on other viewing options if we want, but I know I'm at least one that does not watch any of those mentioned award shows any longer, and I suspect I am not alone.
You are not alone!
Old 09-18-2018, 02:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Some are very active in the real world engaging with people on social media and going out into their home town communities and asking them good questions. I have had exchanged communications with many of them over the years since a few movie production trailers were located for years 300 feet from our Rohnert Park, CA home's back door. This house bordered a golf course. These trailers were at the Red Lion Inn back in the early 1990s. I used to walk my dog around these with the hope of chatting with some of these people. Which I did mostly about how to avoid the duck poop all over the golf greens.

Lots of films were made in the Sonoma, Marin and Napa Counties in Northern California in the 1990s. Many are still made around there.

And a lot of these celebrities had e-mail addresses. Now they are on Facebook.
Most of us are not star struck.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:27 PM
Sage

Personally, I think the low ratings are attributable at least to some degree by the hosts. Those guys are the lamest SNL news hosts in its history, imo. And nearly all of their “humor” is making fun of Trump in one way or another. That only plays well to a certain group and I would think it would wear thin even for them after a while.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:53 PM
Veteran member

The real reason that viewership had declined is that because within hours you can watch clips on YouTube of the awards that interest you. Entertainment sites present transcripts, have links to clips and list the highlights. You no longer need to wait until the morning paper for details. And three-hour commercialized telecasts are too much of a commitment. I predict it will eventually turn into an hour highlight show.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:53 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
Maybe they should focus on awards. I don't give a rats azzzz about the political views, lousy corny jokes and idle fake chit chat.
Same here. Don't watch any of the award shows anymore.
Closed Thread

Tags
viewership, emmys, watching, markets, households

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.