Emmys' Low Ratings

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2018, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
How about the group that belongs to the actors guild and the television academy of arts and sciences who use the Emmy's for their political views, which in almost every situation coincide with about half of this countries population which in turn affects the ratings of the Emmy's show in a downward way. If that group would not bring up issues that cause people to tune out, then the ratings would be higher. Then everyone would again enjoy watching the Emmy's. And there would be peace across the land.
This is a prime example of FALSE EQUIVALENCY.

Let me be clear. I have no dog in this race. In my entire almost 80 years on this earth, I have never watched an award show...for TV, Movies, or whatever. NEVER ONCE.

Now, you make claims that have no validity..none. I can make a better case for the idea that the entertainment world, especially TV is severely fragmented with all the options.

Viewership has nothing to do with what you keep proclaiming....facts is, in the week you speak of, the NFL was leading all the ratings.

Everything is not about what YOU say it is.

Second piece of FALSE EQUIVALENCY is what YOU proclaim to be the view of half the population, which I can show, if you believe in polls, and probably now you don't, is wrong.

Everything in this world and nation does not revolve around what you try to make everything about.

My opinion, admittedly my opinion, you would be expressing different opinions had the targets or type of humor been a little different.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The thread is about Emmy ratings and why they have dropped in recent years. They have dropped in recent years. Perhaps the gowns aren't right? The lighting? The time of the evening? The commercials?
They are down because the entire industry is all pieces now. People are no longer dependent on three networks and what they offer.

Folks today don't even know half the people in the shows.

The industry is flat out not the same as it was.....that is the reason. This is accepted fact by most. Has nothing to do with anything but that.

Times have changed....NFL ratings are down primarily because of RedZone and saturation.....RedZone viewership is not counted in the weekly ratings, and all the crappola about why is just stupid. Actually the NFL had most of the most watched shows in 2017, and I understand NASCAR has really dipped in the ratings.

Bottom line....the tv watching is not the same and thus cannot be compared.

Emmy award shows and Oscar award shows will continue no matter what. Analyzing the ratings for some deep political reason is a fools errand

Last edited by Bucco; 09-21-2018 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
They are down because the entire industry is all pieces now. People are no longer dependent on three networks and what they offer.

Folks today don't even know half the people in the shows.

The industry is flat out not the same as it was.....that is the reason. This is accepted fact by most. Has nothing to do with anything but that.

Times have changed....NFL ratings are down primarily because of RedZone and saturation.....RedZone viewership is not counted in the weekly ratings, and all the crappola about why is just stupid. Actually the NFL had most of the most watched shows in 2017, and I understand NASCAR has really dipped in the ratings.

Bottom line....the tv watching is not the same and thus cannot be compared.

Emmy award shows and Oscar award shows will continue no matter what. Analyzing the ratings for some deep political reason is a fools errand
I am writing this down.

Tags
viewership, emmys, watching, markets, households

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.