enough is enough

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2017, 11:01 AM
Gold member

What gets me is when in the side effects spiel they say "do not take this is you're allergic to it", huh? How do I know if I'm allergic til I take it? And I thought the way we decide what medication to take is that we discuss with our doctor, silly me.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
What gets me is when in the side effects spiel they say "do not take this is you're allergic to it", huh? How do I know if I'm allergic til I take it? And I thought the way we decide what medication to take is that we discuss with our doctor, silly me.
....and then there's one (I forget which one) that says "you might die". Yeah...well I REALLY want to take that one (sarcasm intended). They're just ridiculous. The poster who said "there's one for the side effects and on and on". I think many of us who are on meds have fallen into that trap. I know I did a few years back but was able to ditch some of those medications.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
It's just Marketing. I've heard of people actually thinking marketing slogans are fact.
People often believe that "Florida's Friendliest Hometown" is more than a marketing gimmick.
The slogan is frequently quoted with a feeling of betrayal when a neighbor gets into a snit or Katie Belles changes,
or someone fails to return a wave in a golf cart.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:04 PM

I agree. Why sweat things that just don't matter.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:21 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
People often believe that "Florida's Friendliest Hometown" is more than a marketing gimmick.
The slogan is frequently quoted with a feeling of betrayal when a neighbor gets into a snit or Katie Belles changes,
That just boils me when someone does not return a wave (with more than one finger).

Old 08-10-2017, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
So, I can cure the sweaty eyelids? Wonder what the side effects to that med would be. Think I'll keep the gas -- would keep the tables around me free from service dogs and food snobs.
I don't think the dogs would mind your f-rts.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
How many of you are fed up with the endless barrage of Flonase commercials that are kind enough to educate us to the fact that "six is greater than one". Thank you, Glaxo Smith Klein for the Romper Room math lesson, but I think we all get it. Enough is enough
That's the nice thing about the "mute" button for live tv and the "fast forward" button for recorded tv on the remote; I don't listen to or watch commercials; they're just incessant blah, blah, blah.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
How many of you are fed up with the endless barrage of Flonase commercials that are kind enough to educate us to the fact that "six is greater than one". Thank you, Glaxo Smith Klein for the Romper Room math lesson, but I think we all get it. Enough is enough

Personally I'm fed up with all the "ask you doctor about our drug" commercials. The FDA should ban all direct to consumer advertising.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-10-2017, 10:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post

I let my wife do the waving. I'm too busy driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2017, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I like some of them... Geico, We Are Farmers, most anything with humor in it. Commercials CAN be great, Cold No More!
Old 08-11-2017, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I like some of them... Geico, We Are Farmers, most anything with humor in it. Commercials CAN be great, Cold No More!
I have been loving the ads of late for some reason. I watch some of them numerous times just checking the details. Browse TV Commercials - iSpot.tv
Old 08-11-2017, 09:42 AM
Gold member
Default Re: Commericals listing side effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I get tired of ALL the drug ads....the side-effects given "really" make me want to take them!!
For better or for worse that is the law.

Today, with the internet, you can research the side effects or any drug or medical procedure your doctor prescribes.
I read somewhere that under today's standards you could not bring aspirin to market.

You go in to a dental x-ray. If, you ask the tech about causing CANCER, they will tell you it is such a low dose etc etc etc etc. FINE. Next ask them why they go behind a lead lined wall when they give you this harmless.........
FACT-my cousins wife is currently DYING from oral cancer,
LIKELY triggered by too many x-rays. Aside-he is a doctor
she is a nurse-or was is probably closer to the facts.

Even the rules and the knowledge changes. We all know about opioid addiction. Far too much of it was CAUSED by the use of drugs like oyicotin a time release narcotic for pain. It was not supposed to be habit forming. I'VE NEVER TAKEN IT but I did receive a prescription after having a tooth pulled-HUH?
Old 08-11-2017, 09:48 AM
Gold member
Default I record most shows

Quote:
It's just Marketing.

It's like "The Friendliest" or "The Healthiest".....people think if it's stated, it must be fact. I've heard of people actually thinking marketing slogans are fact.

It is so easy to fast forward the commercials. Typically, the actual time to watch an hour show, fast forwarding the commercials is 45 minutes.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:50 AM
Gold member

Quote:
That just boils me when someone does not return a wave (with more than one finger).

I've thought once or twice someone (who I didn't know) was waving at me. I waved back. Turns out they were signalling a right turn!
Old 08-11-2017, 12:52 PM
fw102807

Quote:
It's just Marketing.

It's like "The Friendliest" or "The Healthiest".....people think if it's stated, it must be fact. I've heard of people actually thinking marketing slogans are fact.

The same people who believe what they read on Facebook.
Closed Thread

Tags
glaxo, room, romper, klein, smith

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.