Extraterrestrial's

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2020, 02:30 PM
John41

they will pass us by in their search for intelligent life
Old 06-27-2020, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Just as the religious folk are positive there is something "more than" our mortal selves, I am positive as well. I think there's no way the Egyptians could have made the pyramids in the amount of time suggested by science, without the use of cranes and other machinery that we consider to be "modern" machinery. Even rubber tires came after the pyramids - they had wooden wheels on unpaved desert paths, and there's absolutely no way in the world could have supported those pyramid blocks.

So I feel that something "other than human" must have had a hand in it, somehow. I don't know how, and though it's interesting to consider possibilities, I don't really care how.

I like watching some of those TV shows for the entertainment value, also because they are intended to make you think. They're not intended to make you believe in whatever they're suggesting. Just to keep an open mind about possibilities.

I'm good with that.
Old 06-27-2020, 04:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
When aliens pass by us they roll up the window and lock their doors. Can't say I don't blame them.
My advice to ET and friends...zoom past this hot mess of a planet as fast as you can.
Old 06-27-2020, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongel View Post
I’m not one for weird ET Stories but I watched a documentary on Amazon or Netflix “Walking with the tall whites”. It’s a first hand encounter and this guy was the first that seemed believable.. no ancient aliens guy. Now I’m a little bit more open. It’s worth the time to watch.
It is also included with Prime. He is so believable, so soft spoken and down to earth. I don't know what to think, but I will keep an open mind until such time as it is proven one way or the other.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-27-2020, 04:59 PM

From my college astronomy class: The universe is so big and our solar system so small, that it is virtually impossible to single Earth out and find it.

Also, if there were aliens capable of traveling so far, so fast they would NOT be interested in Earth with beings trying to get to Mars using rockets. (Rockets would be like roller skates to them.) There probably animals on their own planet smarter than us. (If there are aliens).

UFO's are unidentified NOT Aliens per se.

To this day, there is no physical proof of anything alien on earth.

Pyramids were built by humans (based on a mountain). The stones were cut and the location still has stones in different states of being cut. Yes, it was difficult but the engineers of the day knew how to use rollers, leverage, pulleys, etc. And they had 50-60 years per pharaoh per pyramid to build. But they are mysterious.

Most UFO's have been determined to actually be reflections from glare, clouds, camera lenses, etc.

Jesus was real, he lived. There is universal proof of his existence. He said what he said. Our centuries are based on his life. I kinda tend to focus on HIS example set on my planet.

The movie "Contact" written by Carl Sagan was very good but in the end all that was suggested was alien life is just like us and wants us all to marvel at the Cosmos, live, enjoy your family, etc.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:35 PM
Bikeracer2009

I lean towards the idea we are living in a simulation. A lot of scientists including Neil deGrasse Tyson also share this belief. Professor Nick Bostrom with the University of Oxford is a philosopher and is one of the first to hypothesize the simulation theory. An advanced race would easily have enough computing power to create a universe so realistic to us that it would be impossible for us to prove we weren't in a simulation. The programmer would put in a limiter such as the speed of light so that we would never be able to travel far enough to see the evidence of a simulation. One day we will have enough computing power to create a simulation so real the occupants won't be able to tell they're in a simulation. At this point that computer would be the size of a planet. Each simulation would at some point be able to create their own simulation and so on. Using bayesian statistics we can say that if there is only one original Universe and an infinite number of simulations than the odds we are in the original universe is 1 in whatever number you choose up to infinity.

If such an advanced lifeform existed, their universe may be very old and dark. By creating simulations they can see what the universe was like when it began and they could give it rules that would show how they became who they are. They could delete failed simulations and rewind ours to make changes we wouldn't notice.

William Poundstone wrote a book called The Doomsday Calculation and in summation he believes there is a 50/50 chance we are in the original universe. There would be the original one the only the current simulation.

To save computing power a simulation would only be real to one of us. Everyone else would only exist when the main person came in contact with them. I'm pretty sure I'm real so it sucks to be you guys lol. Just kidding.

I think this simulation needs an antivirus update.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
they will pass us by in their search for intelligent life
Earth and it's inhabitants are a petri dish for them that they check up on from time to time.

They continue to choose not to land as earth is shown to be self destructive.....hence they pass....bye.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:56 PM
Veteran member

When I was young, my girlfriend and I had a "UFO" tree we would climb to look for UFO's and aliens. Never saw a UFO but did get to see many shooting stars.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Just as the religious folk are positive there is something "more than" our mortal selves, I am positive as well. I think there's no way the Egyptians could have made the pyramids in the amount of time suggested by science, without the use of cranes and other machinery that we consider to be "modern" machinery. Even rubber tires came after the pyramids - they had wooden wheels on unpaved desert paths, and there's absolutely no way in the world could have supported those pyramid blocks.

So I feel that something "other than human" must have had a hand in it, somehow. I don't know how, and though it's interesting to consider possibilities, I don't really care how.

I like watching some of those TV shows for the entertainment value, also because they are intended to make you think. They're not intended to make you believe in whatever they're suggesting. Just to keep an open mind about possibilities.

I'm good with that.
They built those pyramids by enslaving people and working them until they died.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,071 Times in 2,743 Posts

If you happen to come across an alien, lend them your cell phone so they can phone home.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
They built those pyramids by enslaving people and working them until they died.
Damn.. Does that mean they're going to tear down the pyramids next?

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 06-27-2020, 10:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Now I'm going to have to stay up for Coast to Coast.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongel View Post
I’m not one for weird ET Stories but I watched a documentary on Amazon or Netflix “Walking with the tall whites”. It’s a first hand encounter and this guy was the first that seemed believable.. no ancient aliens guy. Now I’m a little bit more open. It’s worth the time to watch.
The beauty of streaming your entertainment is being able to find just about anything, and last night I watched some of the Tall Whites. It was quite interesting when it started, but it got weirder and weirder as it went on. I was with him until he said the Tall Whites come in all nationalities and he mentioned some are from Norway etc. etc. At that point I gave up and went to bed.

I would like to know a lot more about him. He claims to have a very high level of intelligence, but then why did the military stick him out in the desert in Nevada to check wind speeds, surely if you are highly intelligent they would find something more for you to do. There was also a very odd piece about meeting his wife, told by her who seems kinda different too. He supposedly took her out for dinner and told her about the Tall Whites, she immediately believed his story and told him to write a book!!!! If my husband had done that I would have very gently excused my myself and left in a hurry ...............

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-28-2020, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
The beauty of streaming your entertainment is being able to find just about anything, and last night I watched some of the Tall Whites. It was quite interesting when it started, but it got weirder and weirder as it went on. I was with him until he said the Tall Whites come in all nationalities and he mentioned some are from Norway etc. etc. At that point I gave up and went to bed.

I would like to know a lot more about him. He claims to have a very high level of intelligence, but then why did the military stick him out in the desert in Nevada to check wind speeds, surely if you are highly intelligent they would find something more for you to do. There was also a very odd piece about meeting his wife, told by her who seems kinda different too. He supposedly took her out for dinner and told her about the Tall Whites, she immediately believed his story and told him to write a book!!!! If my husband had done that I would have very gently excused my myself and left in a hurry ...............
Sort of on the subject of folks with high intelligence, and this from a retired teacher and parent who served on the exceptional education committee at Lakota High School in Ohio for several years....Many times very bright people have problems with relating to others and even expressing themselves well. Just look on Jeopardy and keep track of their jobs and the way they are dressed. If young parents are raising a very bright child it is wise to try to fill in the non-academic gaps that might spell success or failure or happiness or unhappiness in their lives. That is probably why this fellow was stuck out in the desert. He may have been a tad off putting.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:05 PM
Veteran member

I saw three of them at Red Sauce the other night!
Closed Thread

Tags
videos, including, aerial, phenomena, dod

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.