Face Masks

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2020, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Masks also serve as an aid to help reduce the urge to touch your face.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
It would appear that the WHO may be considering a change regarding face masks.

Coronavirus: Expert panel to assess face mask use by public - BBC News
Not sure I would put too much stock in what the WHO says. They were chanting the Chi-coms propaganda in late January that the CV wasn't contagious between humans and there was no need for concern. How did that turn out? They also have done nothing to close down the disgusting wet markets in China that started the last 3 pandemics! Now they come out with recommendations on face mask usage? This organization needs to be disbanded since they are heavily funded by the Chi-coms. Lost their credibility a long time ago!
Old 04-07-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMountainMan View Post
This organization needs to be disbanded since they are heavily funded by the Chi-coms. Lost their credibility a long time ago!
Actually, W.H.O. are heavily funded by United States and Bill Gates, that needs to stop!
Old 04-07-2020, 11:44 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

As far as home made masks, this is a quote from the article the OP cited.

"There is the fear that people may end up re-using masks - which is unhygienic - use masks sold on the black market, or wear homemade masks, which could be of inferior quality and essentially useless."

Doesn't sound like homemade masks are much of a preventive.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Of course finding them will be impossible....got to find someone that knows how to sew
I do have a sewing machine, but I hand sewed one today. I used an old blouse, did have some elastic in my sewing box because we did not have a pony tail tie to save us.

There are all kinds of patterns and instructions but most call for a layer of "non porous" material and I used the outside of a sanitary napkin (removing the absorbency stuff) for the layer inside that doesn't show. I did have to use my reading glasses to thread the needle but got it on my third try. Not bad for eighty year old. The material was kind of a genderless stripe so the gentleman in our midst can use it too. I think it will wash up fine. Will have to dry in the sun with the plastic in there...….oh the in's and out's.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-07-2020 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:46 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

If you have a D cup bra, that will make two masks!
Old 04-07-2020, 02:36 PM

Old 04-07-2020, 02:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
If you have a D cup bra, that will make two masks!
A “D” would cover your whole face.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
A “D” would cover your whole face.
Actually, after a few days of wearing one, I now realize that I get many more admiring looks.

The mask must be hiding my double chin.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgilcreast View Post
Now of course is how to get one if you aren’t a crafty person. All the stores are sold out and Amazon is ripping off people. Got to hand it to the folks that had the foresight to stock up. Anyone want to market on the classified site?
You can make one with a tee shirt, no sewing necessary.

If you wear eyeglasses, you can make a face shield out of a plastic 3-ring binder sleeve (like the ones people use to store photographs). Just hold it sideways and slip the arms of the glasses through the holes, and put the glasses on. Voila - instant face shield.

You can also cut off the arm of any stretched-out stretchy shirt and slip it over your head, until it's below eye-level.

If you feel you want to wear a facemask, there is absolutely nothing stopping you from doing so.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Good to know.

I have thought about cutting up a Publix grocery bag. The kind for cold/warm items and then putting it over by face. Then wrapping a scarf around that. It would give me several layers of protection but if someone sneezed in my face, I doubt if it would do much good because my eyes would not be covered too. And how many times could you wear something like this without it getting contaminated?
Reminds I’d of the saints football fans 25 years go with paper bags over they’re heads with eye holes cutouts with the Ant’s on the bag in big letters.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMountainMan View Post
Not sure I would put too much stock in what the WHO says. They were chanting the Chi-coms propaganda in late January that the CV wasn't contagious between humans and there was no need for concern. How did that turn out? They also have done nothing to close down the disgusting wet markets in China that started the last 3 pandemics! Now they come out with recommendations on face mask usage? This organization needs to be disbanded since they are heavily funded by the Chi-coms. Lost their credibility a long time ago!
WHO declared a worldwide coronavirus emergency on Jan 31. I can find no documentation that in late January WHO claimed the disease was not communicable. On Jan 24, there were still only 200+ cases in China. I agree, China no doubt misled WHO on the severity of the virus. WHO does not have their own army to force governments to do anything, but the Chinese gov't shut down the wet markets themselves. However, they are now going to reopen them, which is stupid of course.
Closed Thread

Tags
face, masks, deleted, topic, sharing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.